Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 12:53   #1
BHPian

Disgruntled Skoda Superb owner advertises on NH8, Gurgaon

Driving towards the office today , just after i crossed the toll plaza on NH8 saw this car parked by the side of the road, the driver was handing out pamphlets to people inquiring about the car and taking their suggestions in a register probably just gathering support for his cause.

I tried searching around the forum if i could locate this gentleman but didnt turn up with anything.

I actually went around udhyog vihar and back to the toll to get a picture.

The stickers went like this.
"Skoda, A Nightmare"
"Plans to buy Skoda, flush your money"
"Skoda, loose mind, loose money"
"Skoda BIGGEST Mistake of my life"
"You'll have to sell your house to maintain Skoda"

Does anyone know the real story behind this ?

Mods : Please merge with an appropriate thread if you deem fit.
Attached Thumbnails
Disgruntled Skoda Superb owner advertises on NH8, Gurgaon-20121026_114210.jpg  

Disgruntled Skoda Superb owner advertises on NH8, Gurgaon-20121026_123708.jpg  

vsoneja is offline   (47) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 13:31   #2
BHPian

re: Disgruntled Skoda Superb owner advertises on NH8, Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoneja View Post
Driving towards the office today , just after i crossed the toll plaza on NH8 saw this car parked by the side of the road, the driver was handing out pamphlets to people inquiring about the car and taking their suggestions in a register probably just gathering support for his cause.

I tried searching around the forum if i could locate this gentleman but didnt turn up with anything.

I actually went around udhyog vihar and back to the toll to get a picture.

The stickers went like this.
"Skoda, A Nightmare"
"Plans to buy Skoda, flush your money"
"Skoda, loose mind, loose money"
"Skoda BIGGEST Mistake of my life"
"You'll have to sell your house to maintain Skoda"

Does anyone know the real story behind this ?

Mods : Please merge with an appropriate thread if you deem fit.
First of all, hearty congrats to the customer who has thought of taking this step. We all know how badly Skoda fleeces and harasses its customers in terms of service and spare parts. Such a move will definitely catch the eye of the public.

I think it might even draw some reaction from Skoda, since this is a massive display of lack of customer support. Maybe this guy wants to get more unhappy customers to join him and strengthen his case.

If he can keep this up, we might have something going here..
swarnava.m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 13:31   #3
BHPian

3.6 V6 AWD? This required min 95 octane and would cough on 91 standard. I wouldn't blame they buyer either. Skoda never learnt it's lesson after releasing the 1.4 petrol fabia which again needed high octane fuel leaving a running engine stranded on the highway.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:36   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

So Skoda is back in the news for all the wrong reasons. I seriously doubt they will do anything about this too. Afterall what can a single hapless customer do to a big car maker specially when there is no law in the rule book to help him.

Any details about this case? Probably the guy can contact Harish and try and see if they can put some pressure on Skoda together.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

Negative publicity almost always comes up with some winning results. Slapping up a Skoda Superb, a top of the line Skoda sedan, with defamation stickers would certainly get to the authorities of the manufacturer. Bad mouthing through pamphlets generates awareness and I am pretty sure this matter will be taken up by Skoda pretty soon. Also, now that this is on Team-Bhp, it won't take long before this goes viral!
9thsphinx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 13:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

Next thing you would find is the Skoda owner getting media crew to highlight the issue which I suppose is not a bad thing. But seriously Skoda deserts its customers once the cars are out of their showroom which is evident from a no of thread on the forum highlighting the pathetic approach of Skoda towards after sales although some BHPians do have good things to say about the cars (only).

Why didnt the owner pull Skoda in the consumer court, does this kind of publicity show the owner in bad shape? He might get sympathy but not justice.
Old 26th October 2012, 13:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

The repairing cost alone is more than Rs. 24 per km. He could have hired a decent car for all his travels (with chauffeur) at this price. This is bizarre and hurting.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:03   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur
...Why didnt the owner pull Skoda in the consumer court, does this kind of publicity show the owner in bad shape? He might get sympathy but not justice.
This is a much better route for a bigger damage to Skoda. If he goes to consumer court, he will run for years & will not really bring out bad PR for Skoda.

Looking at this, I feel all the dissatisfied Skoda owners from each cities should come together & lease a hoarding (preferably next or close to Skoda showrooms) for a month atleast & display bad publicity with links to the forums (if they have). Rest assured, Skoda cab be buried deep forever.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:03   #9
BHPian

We have our judicial system which takes decades to come up with a verdict on silliest issues, and there are a lot of guys who wasted their fortune and effort in trying with judiciary.
Most of the cases has won by the customers, still the issues keeps on happening just because the amount which are spent on cases by these companies are pea nuts compared to the cost which they save illegally.

So, what this brave man has done is the RIGHT step in all ways. Lets wish him all success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Next thing you would find is the Skoda owner getting media crew to highlight the issue which I suppose is not a bad thing. But seriously Skoda deserts its customers once the cars are out of their showroom which is evident from a no of thread on the forum highlighting the pathetic approach of Skoda towards after sales although some BHPians do have good things to say about the cars (only).

Why didnt the owner pull Skoda in the consumer court, does this kind of publicity show the owner in bad shape? He might get sympathy but not justice.

shineshine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well going to court and following process is one way and this is another. Because of Skoda I have a problem trusting all VAG group car brands be it VW or Audi.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 14:10   #11
BHPian

No use of the sympathy.
What he gets is, SUPPORT from the disturbed skoda customers (and I am sure there aren't just few).

Support is what is needed here to fight this giant. May it be in court or out of court.

Now let's see what does skoda has to say, i.e. if they speak.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

A few people have highlighted this on the Skoda India page as well , but no reaction on that from their Facebook team as yet , ran a couple of searches to see if any of the news channels might have picked it up but appears not.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:19   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Very smart initiative taken up by the owner. It is a real pity he had to come to this situation. I wonder if he has put up anything online too, did a search; couldn't find anything.

In one of the Skoda threads, somebody (I think @dkaile?) mentioned the contact details of the Customer Service person who handles such cases and has been helpful in the past. If someone can share the same to this thread, or the concerned person it should be helpful, unless he has already tried that option in the past.

Meanwhile I have shot a mail to the email id mentioned in the pamphlet providing a link to this thread, hopefully it should be of use to him.
Quote:
Hey Buddy,
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. FYI - we are discussing about your case out here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...8-gurgaon.html

Would ask you to check it out. Not that it necessarily can help you, but generally the forum has been quite helpful to people who have been in such scenarios, either due to a dealer or the car company itself. Do note, you will have to register to contribute to the thread, but you can view the posts.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Very smart initiative taken up by the owner. It is a real pity he had to come to this situation. I wonder if he has put up anything online too, did a search; couldn't find anything.

In one of the Skoda threads, somebody (I think @dkaile?) mentioned the contact details of the Customer Service person who handles such cases and has been helpful in the past. If someone can share the same to this thread, or the concerned person it should be helpful, unless he has already tried that option in the past.

Meanwhile I have shot a mail to the email id mentioned in the pamphlet providing a link to this thread, hopefully it should be of use to him.

Here you go,

Rahul Kulkarni | Customer Care
Skoda Auto India Pvt. Ltd.,
A 605, ICC Towers, S B Road,Pune, India.
HQ- A1/1, Five Star MIDC, Shendra, Aurangabad 431201, India
Tel:020-3093111 E-Mail: rahul.kulkarni@skoda-auto.co.in www.skoda-auto.co.in
customerCare@skoda-auto.co.in

Last edited by Y@SH : 26th October 2012 at 14:35.
Old 26th October 2012, 14:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

This sure is a good way to spread awareness and am sure the owner must have sent mails to all higher ups but it fell on deaf ears as usual.
He has taken a pretty bold step, such stickers on cars were common but pamphlet is a new thing

10 lakhs on repairs without a single accident is scary, wish he registers here and shares all the other info.
Wonder if Skoda would do something about it, its things like these that such a competent car like Rapid cant even manage half the sales of a Verna.

Most Viewed