Team-BHP - Suzuki X5: A car which can succeed in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Suzuki X5: A car which can succeed in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/128395-suzuki-x5-car-can-succeed-india.html)

Source: http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/10/...se-car-market/

The Suzuki X5, which is a stretched Wagon-R launched in China, is of great potential in India, IMO.

It is much better looking than Eeco, and has a sportier appearance.

If Maruti can make it a 7-seater and price the base Petrol model at 4.5L, it will surely succeed in India.

I was given to understand that the RTO rates for 7 seater vehicles in % has gone up. If this is correct, then such a vehicle may not easily fit 4.5 Lacs. Also, would this not cannibalise the EECO and Ertiga from their portfolio?

Looks very purposeful indeed.
Good utility value.
All the manufacturers seem to be making some sort of effort for these "stretched" vehicles for China.
I wonder whether they can do the same for us here because we are actually taller than the Chinese and hence, can do with more rear seat space in pretty much all these cars.
Also, we do have a penchant for being chauffeur driven as well, which is one more reason to liberate rear seat space.
Wonder if actually the velocity with which the Chinese consumers are buying cars actually outstrips the velocity of our Indian consumers. I would imagine that only if sales are really so good there, would these manufacturers take the market that seriously.

Indeed a sportier and better loooking vehicle. With upgrade in tyres, it could be another good option for budget buyers. But IMO, it will compete with Ertiga from MS's stable and very unlikely that it will be launched soon.

I never thought new WagonR could look good with some stretching stupid:

It looks like, An extension to the existing wagonR platform.

Looks nice in pictures. Yes, it can succeed in india, if Pricing goes correctly. MS has a distinctive advantage in india as it has very good service network. and they have DDIS in hand.

I think, Maruti should focus more on bigger cars which fall into C2 or D1 segments as they can give the desired profits + Brand image goes up. There would always be minimal profits on Economy grade vehicles. If the product fails, then there would be a huge dent in the company's books.

May be they should try a 5 Mtrs SX4 with 6 captain seats and 3 doors. This is my idea and stupid: The sound reason i feel is that, The vehicle dynamics would be better so vehicle would be more balanced on roads at highway speeds and it would look like a Car + 6 captain chairs can move more people. This is a segment unexplored and MS should try such unknown areas and take the required patents which can help the company in long run :D

Andy grove of intel famously said "cannibalize your own business or others will do it for you". Maruti follow this religiously when it comes to the 3 to 6 lakh market. There is the alto, k10, a*, estilo, wagon r, ritz et al. Considering that, it would make sense to throw this car into the mix as well. It is not difficult for them to produce this car as there is very little new here. An existing platform is being stretched

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farukh (Post 2946474)
But IMO, it will compete with Ertiga from MS's stable and very unlikely that it will be launched soon.

Ertiga is in a different class altogether. This X5 will be in a much cheaper segment, in which Eeco and Omni are playing. Ofcourse there will be some cross-shopping, but nothing serious, IMO. Even if it is serious, as Andy Grove said, it is for good only. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farukh (Post 2946474)
I never thought new WagonR could look good with some stretching

Actually, this is not the new Wagon-R, but the old one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2946564)
Actually, this is not the new Wagon-R, but the old one.

Oh yeah! No wonder I liked X5 as soon as I saw it.stupid: I have a liking towards the old WagonR though many people around me call it a box. The new WagonR is not of my taste. I'm talking about the looks only.

Wow, nice looking car. Almost SUV-ish. A little "stretching" surely has its benefits. :)

With people travelling by personal-vehicles a lot more than earlier, luggage space and an extra row of seats becomes very important.
And for those of us who hate using heavy / gas-guzzling SUVs to meet this need, these stretched cars are a blessing. No wonder the Ertiga sells like hot cakes. Bring more of them !!!

Another boxy looking car(?)!

Its always nice to fancy something of this sort, I myself fancy the launch of a right hand drive Mustang in India. I would look stupid if I started a thread wishing for that in the Indian Car scene :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2946444)
Source: http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/10/...se-car-market/

The Suzuki X5, which is a stretched Wagon-R launched in China...

....it will surely succeed in India.

dunno why, but this looks like a mini yeti to me !!

but if it is really an extended Wagon R, i assume it will be lower than the EECO, which might just might give it more stability (I somehow am always worried whenever I see an EECo on road that it will topple over!!) and a better ride.

However, is Maruti really looking to bring anything new in this segment? i though after the new Alto 800, they would concentrate on addressing their production realted issues (labour problems etc) rather than go for a new launch.

Wow! Another super boxy design from Suzuki!! looks amazingly funny!!

IMO, Suzuki should get into designing sky scrapers, proper ones, not something on wheels! Engineers at Suzuki seem to be architects with a liking towards tall structures.

Please don't ever get this to India Suzuki!! There will be people ready to fill the roads with yet another weird looking model from your stables!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by anachronix (Post 2946723)
Its always nice to fancy something of this sort, I myself fancy the launch of a right hand drive Mustang in India. I would look stupid if I started a thread wishing for that in the Indian Car scene

People are here not because they are wise or because they 'pretend to be wise'. We are here just because of our fancy and crazy mind towards automobiles. We want to know some more about automobiles than usual guys and customers, and want to share something we know about automobiles. It is not like only 'wisemen' can be here. :)

Mod Note : Since Maruti has no plans to launch the X5 in India, this thread is closed. Period.

Great! Every other passionate BHPian would want to drive a car or the other from the global market and might feel would be best for a manufacturer to do something that would be of interest. What if everyone makes their fancies into a blog here?

This thread is still pointless to me unless and until there is a scoop or even a slight hint of a product to be launched here by a certain manufacturer.

May be a Fantasies thread on similar topic in the Shifting gear section would be perfect! I have a long list of cars that I would like to see here and think would be profitable for a certain manufacturer if its brought to our market :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2946822)
People are here not because they are wise or because they 'pretend to be wise'. We are here just because of our fancy and crazy mind towards automobiles. We want to know some more about automobiles than usual guys and customers, and want to share something we know about automobiles. It is not like only 'wisemen' can be here. :)