Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 16:21   #16
BHPian

re: Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore

FYI- Honda has a 3 hr quick service on offer.
I have used it a couple of times, though i never get it in 3 hrs- usually takes 4. Also, they only put you in the quick service category if they find that you are there for just a normal checkup and usual routine- nothing out of the normal.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:39   #17
BHPian

Maruti Service Masters had implemented this long ago as Express Service where service is done within 2 hours. Whenever I used to check or do small repairs I don't have to book an appointment,the service advisor does it in less than 1 hour.

It is good that Ford is bring these things so that their brand image is improved mainly on the service front.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:07   #18

Very good initiative by Ford. I think Ford has really worked hard on reducing "Maintenence cost" of its cars since the launch of Figo. Yet another nice touch to keep customers happy.
Old 31st October 2012, 21:17   #19
Team-BHP Support

All the good talk about the express service lane aside, i hope they show the same urgency when generating the final bill. I have personally have had to wait for over 30 mins at Lathangi Ford just for the bill.

Needless to say, the labour charges as well as hardships involved in the service experience led me to consider moving to a FNG once the warranty period was over for my Ikon.
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:05   #20
BHPian

I want to give my car for 20k kms service. Should i go in for this Quick service or the main service centre? Anyone has any experiences so far?
Ive seen many cars parked in the Quick service building at yeshwantpur, surprised no reviews till now.
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:41   #21
BHPian

Ok team so I visited the quicklane svc today. They advised me to come tomorrow possibly as it was already late and I had gone on my bike to check out the place.

They told me for 20k kms service they will only take 2 hours. Also they have almost every accessory in stock. Will post my review after tomorrows visit
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 03:48   #22
BHPian

Nice to see this effort from the manufacturer in adapting to the customer needs even after the car is sold.
Personally i will always prefer to get the service done on my vehicle standing next to the vehicle.
I used to love Bajaj Probiking service center for the same as they allowed to stay with your bike when the servicing is in progress.
I always could not understand the reason for car service centers not allowing to do the same.
Kudos to Ford.
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:40   #23
BHPian

So Im back from 20,000km service today of my petrol figo zxi and the car feels so smooth now after changing the oil and cleaning out the brakes.

I was shocked today at the service time. 1 hour 15minutes from 10am to 11:15am. Can you believe it? That too with all the rush. It used to take an entire day at the St Marks road facility.

The car was washed, wiped and ready to deliver in 1hour 45minutes.

Features

- No appointments needed. First come first serve basis IMO.

- Underbody wash is done using a platform with nozzles beneath it. The nozzles are pressure fed and water is recycled after washing.

There is no lift for the car to wash the underbody, thus saving power by lack of the lifts. (this feature has already been mentioned by Vid)

The entire wash is done on that platform and from my understanding the water is collected below and then recycled.

- They also have a computerised headlamp alignment system which Ive not seen in other service centres till now.

- An A/C recycling machine, that is used to clean car A/Cs. It had a knob for cool and hot air and 2 bottles filled with some sort of liquid that connect with a pipe to the ventilation system. I couldn't make much sense of it.Technically inclined members maybe able to shed some light on this.

- Hunter Wheel alignment and balancing systems. Had MADHUS stickers on them. Any connection to our bhpian Nikhil?

Currently they are doing upto 20-25 cars per day although the target is to do 35. What I liked about this facility is that I could stay in the service area and observe the work being done on my car without any problems from anyone.

Also I felt the Service manager to be very very proactive and continuously walking around the facility to ensure the guys are not being lazy and motivating the workforce to be better with each car serviced.

My Service advisor was Mr. Praveen who was very attentive to my specific needs and kept me updated on the progress. Also gave me a complete tour of the facility

For those worried about billing delays, just visit this service centre. They have the bill ready by the time your car is sent for wash and your car is ready by the time you're done handling the finances.

One more thing I forgot to mention, I found the restrooms to be exceptionally clean and well maintained - something that was lacking in St Marks road facility.

Only a question kept poking me throughout the day - If this facility can service a car in 70-90 minutes, then why cant the St Marks road facility do the same? Even if my car is first to enter the svc at around 8 am in the morning, it wouldnt be ready before 6pm in the evening. Why so much delay? Im never visiting the St. Marks road svc for scheduled service. There was rush at the Yeshwantpur facility too, but most cars would be off the service bays within an hour.

All I can say is Thank you Ford for listening to the demands of the customer and delivering on that.

Drive safe!!
Parthasarathig is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 22:05   #24
BHPian

@Parthasarathig - what was the service cost and did you get the wheel aligned there ?
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:21   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
@Parthasarathig - what was the service cost and did you get the wheel aligned there ?
It was 3645/- INR for service. I opted out of wheel alignment & balancing. Also got the IFTEX System G for 299 rs.

Regards.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 01:20   #26
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Since quite a while (years maybe) Both Modi Hyundai (Thane) and Wasan Tata (Chembur) have something that they call quick service (I think in both cases it is for free service) where in one gets the cars back in less than 2 hrs so just waits around and takes the car back. So how is this different? How is it this the first?

Am sure certain service aspects can just not be done in 2 hrs so this has to apply even for ford for basic service only and cannot cover any specific jobs that are time consuming.

That said both TATA and Hyundai centers were not really strict about the 2 hrs bit and there were delays in the billing process.

Last edited by ACM : 24th November 2012 at 01:21.
Old 24th November 2012, 07:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM
Since quite a while (years maybe) Both Modi Hyundai (Thane) and Wasan Tata (Chembur) have something that they call quick service (I think in both cases it is for free service) where in one gets the cars back in less than 2 hrs so just waits around and takes the car back. So how is this different? How is it this the first?
At this ford outlet, they reject major repair jobs and send them over to the main service centres.

The quick lane svc are meant for the following
- scheduled maintenance i.e general servicing.
- tyre maintenance
- battery checkup
- electricals
- ac maintenance
- brake maintenance
- and other such small services.

This is to ensure that those who want to get their vehicles checked and serviced before a trip or in general dont have to wait or delayed because of slow services. Even ford had a quick lane in its major service centres but ultimately that would end up getting used for major services and none of the cars would be completed in less than 4 to 5 hours.

So I guess they have opened the Quicklane SVC to go fully mainstream on fast scheduled maintenance rather than just having a single bay at the maim svc for namesake purpose only.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore

Can someone tell me the directions to this place from Hebbal? Is it easy to go via Mekhri circle? Any recent feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th March 2013, 10:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Can someone tell me the directions to this place from Hebbal? Is it easy to go via Mekhri circle? Any recent feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
From Hebbal, you can reach Mekhri Circle(above the underpass) take right turn and reach dead end(IISc) there take right turn(here you have to go thru newly built underpass) After that you will have climb Yeahwanthpur flyover and as soon as you get down from the flyover, look for Total Gas in left side and next to it is Metro Ford Quick Service. It is just opposite to Yeshwanthpur Railway Station.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 10:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore

This does make a lot of sense and must be tried out atleast once. So I would presume they would do all the basic services that include replacements like Oil Filter/Air Filter/Fuel Filter if needed on the fly? and this holds good for all oils as well?

Wish they had a similar setup in Bangalore South as well, did ford strategically place this in Yeshwantpur considering that more owners are based out of that area?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks