Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 20:29   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
This does make a lot of sense and must be tried out atleast once. So I would presume they would do all the basic services that include replacements like Oil Filter/Air Filter/Fuel Filter if needed on the fly? and this holds good for all oils as well?
They do everything from scheduled maintenance to parts replacement, wheel and tire change etc. They have the road force machine which madhus uses. Plus they have automatic equipment for headlamp alignment, ac cleaning etc.

I've experienced their service personally when I got the 20k kms service done. Total time was 1.5 hours.

The advantage therefore of this place is if you come early morning you can get your work done ASAP and head back home by 12pm max. Not possible at any other service centers.
Old 16th March 2013, 15:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore

Got my Fiesta serviced at the Metro Ford Quick Lane today. I reached at 7:20 AM, they opened at 7:30 AM and the car was taken in at 7:40 AM. Work was completed at 9:30 AM including car wash. By the time I left around 10 cars would have come. I would recommend this place for routine service. You can watch your car being serviced. The place is much cleaner and quieter than the St Mark's road branch.
Old 7th July 2014, 11:47   #33
BHPian

Decided to give the Quick Lane Service a try this Saturday because I did not want to leave my car for a whole day at the service center.

Reached the Metro Ford outlet at 8am exactly and was attended by a service representative who took all notes and then created a Job note. Handed it over to a guy who drove it to the bay. (There were only 4 lifts).

All the electricals were checked (Headlights, indicators, power windows etc) and then it was lifted up to check for any problems underneath the body. All the probable issues were noted down and the service rep was called over to notify him about the extra points.

The service guy then went about repairing/ replacing the points that I had agreed to. Air Filter/ Fuel Filter/ AC Filter was all changed. I did not get the oil changed since I had added Synthetic oil and had driven only 5k since then. I had said no for wheel alignment and balancing too.

Please note that not all parts are available here especially the non-common parts.

After servicing and repairs, it went to an area called the wipe area where it was attended to by 8 people. 2 armed with vaccum cleaner, 2 with air pressure pipes, 2 with wet cloth and solution to clean the interiors and 2 to take care of cleaning the carpets after removing them from the car. It was then taken to the wash area where nozzles underneath washes the car. This water was recirculated. One guy with a pressure washer also sprayed the car. Cleaning solution was then applied and the car was wiped clean. The final step was to spray it with 3M solution. All the solutions that were used were of 3M.

Took the delivery of the car at 11am. 3 hours to get so much done when it would have taken 1-2 days at the regular service centres.

Needless to say, I was standing next to the car while everything was being done :-)

But there is a nice area for you to sit and read auto magazines/ newspapers. The whole area is maintained very neatly and I found everyone to be very helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-service-rep.jpg  

Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-bay.jpg  

Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-lift.jpg  

Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-wipe-area.jpg  

Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-wash-nozzles-underneath.jpg  

Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-solution-wash.jpg  

Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-after-wash.jpg  

Ford brings “Quick Lane” Service to India @ Metro Ford, Bangalore-last-step.jpg  

Last edited by Avinash_R : 7th July 2014 at 11:55. Reason: Forgot to add attachments
Avinash_R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 12:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

I was a regular customer of this ever since they opened but they have closed this facility now.
Old 13th March 2019, 21:51   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I was a regular customer of this ever since they opened but they have closed this facility now.
Its been about 2 or 3 months.
I started visting this center since the StMarks road branch closed. The manager seen in the first image on the post above was quite enthusiastic chap who used to run around and get things done.
Have decided to try out a new service center for my next visit.
Old 14th March 2019, 09:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Its been about 2 or 3 months.
I started visting this center since the StMarks road branch closed. The manager seen in the first image on the post above was quite enthusiastic chap who used to run around and get things done.
Have decided to try out a new service center for my next visit.
I also used to go to St Mark's road service center before Quick lane opened. Was forced to go to Lingarajapuram on Saturday and will never go there again.
Old 14th March 2019, 10:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I also used to go to St Mark's road service center before Quick lane opened. Was forced to go to Lingarajapuram on Saturday and will never go there again.
I too visited that center and did not like it, when I was Bangalore for a couple of months in 2016.

My daughter gets her Figo serviced at PPS Ford, Domlur, and is happy with them. Not sure if you've tried that center.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 16:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I too visited that center and did not like it, when I was Bangalore for a couple of months in 2016.

My daughter gets her Figo serviced at PPS Ford, Domlur, and is happy with them. Not sure if you've tried that center.
Thanks for the update. I will also try PPS Ford Domlur next time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks