Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 20:18   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan dealers refuse to take vehicles from the factory!

A friend has paid full money to Jeevan Nissan, Madurai TN and is waiting for the delivery of his Sunny which is sitting in the dealer yard. Why? Dealer claims that all RTOs except Chennai in Tamil Nadu would not register Nissan Cars because the invoice says Hover Cars and not Nissan.

Has anyone faced this issue? Or is the dealer trying to pass of their tiff with Nissan with this story?

End of the day, this is another PAL-Peugeot, FIAT fiasco in the making if things aren't addressed immediately. The only difference being, if someone is ready to pay a few grand more they get the same car (Except for the Evalia) with a minor changes (Better?) as a Renault.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:47   #17
BHPian

Why does the Nissan Evalia not sell?

It is priced below Innova, similar to Xylo. Power to weight ratio too is similar. It is more spacious than either. It has breadbox looks, but the consensus seems to be that Indan buyers do not care about looks much.

So why does it not sell? Sales in October was only 195 units. Just because it has butterfly middle row windows which do not open like regular windows?

Just that one factor and you get sales below 200? You have third row AC however... but not even taxi operators do not seem to be buying this MPV.

Note from Support
Your new thread was merged into this thread.
Please search before creating a new topic.
Thanks,
Support Team

Last edited by bblost : 16th November 2012 at 14:19.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A friend has paid full money to Jeevan Nissan, Madurai TN and is waiting for the delivery of his Sunny which is sitting in the dealer yard. Why? Dealer claims that all RTOs except Chennai in Tamil Nadu would not register Nissan Cars because the invoice says Hover Cars and not Nissan.

Has anyone faced this issue? Or is the dealer trying to pass of their tiff with Nissan with this story?
If this was the case, the dealer would not be able to sell a single Nissan car right? Then no point in he running a dealership at all.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:19   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
If this was the case, the dealer would not be able to sell a single Nissan car right? Then no point in he running a dealership at all.
Apparently 30 Nissan vehicles are waiting for registration from this dealer alone.
Old 16th November 2012, 17:03   #20
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007

Has anyone faced this issue? Or is the dealer trying to pass of their tiff with Nissan with this story.
Strange. Booked my micra petrol around 2nd November and got it delivered by 8th from Madurai Jeevan Nissan after the temp regn.

Due to the deepavali holidays, have not recd temp papers yet though. Guess I have to recheck my papers and follow up.

Last edited by jpm : 16th November 2012 at 17:05.
Old 16th November 2012, 18:13   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
Strange. Booked my micra petrol around 2nd November and got it delivered by 8th from Madurai Jeevan Nissan after the temp regn.

Due to the deepavali holidays, have not recd temp papers yet though. Guess I have to recheck my papers and follow up.
That would help! Are you holding up the registration for something like a fancy number or is the dealer delaying the permanent registration?
Old 16th November 2012, 18:46   #22
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
That would help! Are you holding up the registration for something like a fancy number or is the dealer delaying the permanent registration?
The car was delivered on Thursday evening after temp on that day.

I am waiting for my refund cheque towards life tax from Jeevan Nissan as my bank had paid the entire OTR amount to them directly.

I was told that I would be getting the temp papers from the concerned RTO (in this case, Madurai) along with the refund with Jeevan. I was also told the tax invoice with insurance is enough to drive around and I have about a month to make my temp permanent. They have given me the following: my insurance, tax invoice on my dad's name, form 20 or something to my local RTO etc.

Just the cheque is yet to arrive. To be fair during the booking, the SA did inform me that it would normally take them 2 weeks to issue such refund cheques. (also, even the VW SA said it would take 2-3 weeks for me to get my roadtax amount back from the dealer if paid by financier in toto; so i wasnt concerned with Jeevan's promise at that time)

With the Deepavali hangover finally over, everyone has come back to office only yesterday. I got a call from my Jeevan SA promising my refund cheque will reach me by next week.

I also dont think that, as in my case, jeevan can deliver a car without temping it first. So am not too worried. or Should I be?

update: checked the filled form 20, that am supposed to submit for perm regn, they have given me:
it says maker's name as Nissan motor india pvt ltd. (not Hover).
there's even an e-acknowledgement number. Not sure who issued that. the local rto or jeevan.

Last edited by jpm : 16th November 2012 at 19:12. Reason: update
jpm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks