Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 12:14   #211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

OT: The Alfa is as Italian as a Bernini Sculpture.The Alfa Romeo is beautiful and sassy and eminently desirable, but not very reliable nor solid....however, according to J Clarkson, one can't call one's self a 'real petrol head' unless one has owned an Alfa at some time...this simply speaks volumes about the sheer heart tugging desirability of the marque..I saw one day before yesterday in Singapore; an old GT1300 Junior and fell completely in love...just look at those sweeping lines of the Giugiaro-Bertone design and you will see why...
The Alfa , I guess, is like that 'totally unsuitable, unreliable girl friend' who will tear you apart inside, but for whom you will still do anything...
OT:
Well, the great design and driving pleasure of an Alfa (from what I hear) is of course almost unparalleled. I only gave an example, even when there is even a real serious problem with a car, there would still be many people who would still fall in love with it.
Old 8th July 2013, 17:56   #212
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!

The sketch posted here is a little misleading. I saw a camouflaged vehicle at Ashok Nagar, Chennai yesterday which looked more or less like the Duster. My son recognized it as the Duster. Yes, there were some differences at the rear and front. But the side profile was almost same as the Duster.
Old 8th July 2013, 20:01   #213
Senior - BHPian

The Terrano will hit the roads this September (Onam season in Kerala) and bookings should start in August.

Insider bookings, for dealer top management, has begun. Next month, the dealers will get hand assembled Terranos. This cannot be false as it is from a dealer top management person who has a wealth of information and experience yet still down to earth, unlike plain marketing guys who bluff a lot.

No idea on pricing and features though.

Last edited by thoma : 8th July 2013 at 20:03.
thoma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 01:44   #214
BHPian

I guess the Terrano will meet the same fate as that of the Pulse and Scala, if priced more than the Duster. Both the Renault products manage to sell around half of their Japanese avatars.

I guess Nissan will have to offer all the bells and whistles with the Terrano and only then can they expect healthy sales.

Personally, I despise the Duster's looks and would happily pay the extra cash for the Terrano if it indeed looks like what these pictures suggest.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:29   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Terrano sports a different interior, shows its instrument cluster outline.
Quote:
The instrument cluster outline on the Terrano is also different. Where the Duster has a ‘wedge’ portion in between, the Terrano has no such thing. It resembles the Nissan Sunny/Micra again.
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanterranospiedairconvents.jpg
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanterranospiedrearthreequarter1024x819.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/07/n...interior-86603

Last edited by volkman10 : 11th July 2013 at 10:41.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 11:01   #216
Senior - BHPian

Interesting info on the interiors. Frankly i find the new Micra interior shades to be more plush compared to duster. That should help them keep the costs down isnt it ?
Old 11th July 2013, 13:45   #217
Senior - BHPian

To me, the test mules match a perfect 10 to the 2d impressions Nissan had released. Note the parts I've boxed in blue & yellow lines and you'll see they're the exact same.

Whether it looks better than Duster can be confirmed if we can see the entire body in flesh (finish, paint quality, all matter right?).

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan-sketch-rear.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan-test-mule-rear.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan-sketch-front.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan-test-mule-front.jpg

Nissan would obviously be watching what the EcoSport is currently doing in the market. Won't they be wary of then pricing the Terrano in excess of the Duster? Surely they know it would be suicidal, even if they have more features and luxury options. If giving more features was the way, then XUV 500 sales wouldn't have dropped drastically. They also may not be able to breach the alliance conditions they have with Renault.

The Nissan camp must have spent tough days strategising the Terrano's fate. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Silly wish that they price it below the duster and with good interior features and quality and I could consider.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 14:14   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

The Nissan camp must have spent tough days strategising the Terrano's fate. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Silly wish that they price it below the duster and with good interior features and quality and I could consider.
Good analysis. Its obvious that they have kept the costs very very low. hardly any change compared to duster. This might be after they saw EcoSport pricing, realizing that there is no away they can price this above duster.

Its very interesting now how they will price it. Will they launch on 16th july ? Ashok Leyland will launch Stile that day for sure.

It would be interesting to see the July(or may be August) sales of Duster. I never had Duster or Terrano in my mind, but now i am suddenly thinking of considering either of these if there is a realistic pricing
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 14:31   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Good analysis. Its obvious that they have kept the costs very very low. hardly any change compared to duster. This might be after they saw EcoSport pricing, realizing that there is no away they can price this above duster.

Its very interesting now how they will price it. Will they launch on 16th july ? Ashok Leyland will launch Stile that day for sure.

It would be interesting to see the July(or may be August) sales of Duster. I never had Duster or Terrano in my mind, but now i am suddenly thinking of considering either of these if there is a realistic pricing
Price will determine the fate of this car, no doubt. Not discounting that there will also be folks who will not hesitate to shell a small premium over the Duster if they interiors are designed and built better, feeling premium. But those customers will be few and far between.

I thought you were also interested in the EcoSport? That's dropped now? Nissan may not be able to give too many features on the car either, considering Duster will know they'll lose sales because of it as well. The alliance might work against Nissan, for this particular launch (like it has for Renault Pulse and Scala). 'IF' Nissan gave better interiors, more features (like EcoSport) and overall a more desirable product, Duster might almost be forced to kiss a considerable volume of its sales goodbye (so, I'm assuming this is unlikely).

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 14:36.
Old 11th July 2013, 14:38   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought you were also interested in the EcoSport? That's dropped now?
I was so much interested in Eco sport that i postponed my new car decision since beginning of this year.

Took the test drive and did not like the back seat a bit. Rear seat space was fine for me, but the comfort was missing. But Ecosport is undoubtedly an eye catchy design both inside and out. Only dropped it due to lack of comfort for back seat passengers.

Let me not start where i stand right now. Very confused about what to buy. I might buy Ertiga if Maruti true value is offering a good resale value for my Swift as i dont have skill or patience to do a direct sale.
Old 11th July 2013, 14:47   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was so much interested in Eco sport that i postponed my new car decision since beginning of this year.

Took the test drive and did not like the back seat a bit. Rear seat space was fine for me, but the comfort was missing. But Ecosport is undoubtedly an eye catchy design both inside and out. Only dropped it due to lack of comfort for back seat passengers.

Let me not start where i stand right now. Very confused about what to buy. I might buy Ertiga if Maruti true value is offering a good resale value for my Swift as i dont have skill or patience to do a direct sale.
Looks like manufacturers won't let you finalise a purchase, with back to back launches. Mahindra is coming with a mini-SUV apart from an altered and cheaper XUV 5OO..

Based on your note, I will keep it in the back of my head to take my entire family and get them to experience the EcoSport (including a TD) to check the back seat, if I end up deciding on this vehicle.

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 14:48.
Old 11th July 2013, 14:56   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like manufacturers won't let you finalise a purchase, with back to back launches. Mahindra is coming with a mini-SUV apart from an altered and cheaper XUV 5OO..

Based on your note, I will keep it in the back of my head to take my entire family and get them to experience the EcoSport (including a TD) to check the back seat, if I end up deciding on this vehicle.
. I need a new car sooner, so i dont think i can wait much. And my budget is south of 11L and Karnataka taxes are so high that i dont have many options in this range.

Yes, i noticed that many people taking test drive mostly were couples. Ecosport will perfectly suit them, or small families with young kids.

I have aged parents too and need to think of all aspects before buying a car.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 15:28   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I need a new car sooner, so i dont think i can wait much. And my budget is south of 11L and Karnataka taxes are so high that i dont have many options in this range.

Yes, i noticed that many people taking test drive mostly were couples. Ecosport will perfectly suit them, or small families with young kids.

I have aged parents too and need to think of all aspects before buying a car.
Oh! Wow! That makes two of us. I'm also going with a budget of <11 lakhs and you said it right, Karnataka (no) road taxes is a bloated killer.

Agree with your requirement. My parents are with me as well (family of 4+1 kid) which is why EcoSport is a contender (pending the back seat comfort check)..

I guess if a decent Terrano diesel trim launches at or less than 11L, both of us may be .....
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2013, 16:20   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! Wow! That makes two of us. I'm also going with a budget of <11 lakhs and you said it right, Karnataka (no) road taxes is a bloated killer.

Agree with your requirement. My parents are with me as well (family of 4+1 kid) which is why EcoSport is a contender (pending the back seat comfort check)..

I guess if a decent Terrano diesel trim launches at or less than 11L, both of us may be .....
Duster/Terrano has proven ride and handling. It will be car like, I found EcoSport to be more SUV like in the back, but front seats are awesome(perfect for office driving)

Other options i considered are Ertiga(most probably), Etios and Honda Amaze.

I need better GC so confused with Amaze.
Old 11th July 2013, 17:28   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Other options i considered are Ertiga(most probably), Etios and Honda Amaze.

My take: Both you guys should decide between Duster (post price correction)/Terrano and the Ertiga. Thats the best comfort you can get for 4+1. Not just for the city, but for the highways too.

Last edited by ampere : 11th July 2013 at 17:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks