Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2013, 17:33   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My take: Both you guys decide between Duster/Terrano post price correction and the Ertiga. Thats the best comfort you can get for 4+1. Not just for the city, but for the highways too.
As i was discussing on TBHP, i got a good deal from true value for my swift which is matching the prices from private parties. But that is including the exchange bonus.

This will save me the hassles and i get to walk in with old car and walkout with new Ertiga in about 10 days or so. So giving it a serious thought now. I am tired of hunting for new cars and posting in almost every thread. Mods might be very happy that i will go silent now.
Old 11th July 2013, 17:39   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
My take: Both you guys should decide between Duster (post price correction)/Terrano and the Ertiga. Thats the best comfort you can get for 4+1. Not just for the city, but for the highways too.
Like all good things have some disclaimer or attached clause, TBHP has it's share too. Until RajS posted, I was only considering EcoSport and waiting for the updated Honda Jazz (Jan 2014). Now after he mentioned it, the Ertiga has also slowly started slipping into my mind. I sure don't need 7 seats all the time, but the huge leg space on 2nd row and rare requirement of 2 child seats are an attraction. Luggage on outstation trips can go onto the roof carrier if required.

The Duster offers too less for its asking price and even a price correction might not knock off a huge amount (only supposing so, will need to wait to see if a reduction actually happens).. May look at Terrano too if priced lower than Duster and if its a better 'overall' vehicle. EcoSport will continue to remain in contention as well. But I'm now looking at and paying attention to Ertiga threads (RajS, why did you have to? :P)

Darn! I think we should never discuss a car purchase until we've bought one.

Last edited by k_ajay : 11th July 2013 at 17:40.
k_ajay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2013, 14:23   #228
BHPian

Had a chat with my SA. He said me that Terrano might be unveiled along with Datsun. He said launch would happen in 4-5 months. Also asked about the interiors of the Terrano. He said me that changes will be there, with the console wearing similar clothes to the Micra. I asked about the possibility of the addition of equipment and he said that equipments are under discussion.

Cheers,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 13th July 2013 at 14:26.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 02:18   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Had a chat with my SA. He said me that Terrano might be unveiled along with Datsun. He said launch would happen in 4-5 months. Also asked about the interiors of the Terrano. He said me that changes will be there, with the console wearing similar clothes to the Micra. I asked about the possibility of the addition of equipment and he said that equipments are under discussion.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Thanks for the inside info bud, can you also ask some more questions from your contact?

1. Any chances of an AT? I think a lot of people are looking for an AT crossover, since the ECOSPORT really did not live up to the expectations of many. Also, If Terrano or Duster doesn't come out in AT this year then I'm surely gonna wait for the Hyundai Crossover to release next year and ditch Duster/Terrano.

2. Any possibility of a 4WD? That would be absolutely awesome

And everyone, keep the leaks on Terrano coming-in!

Last edited by zen kobane : 14th July 2013 at 02:20.
zen kobane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 15:36   #230
BHPian

Caught these near KK nagar chennai, a couple of days back. I am not sure if its the terrano or the face lifted duster. Proportions wise it was close to duster. But the front and alloys were not similar to the current duster.

Couldn't get the pictures of the front.

Mods: Please move it to the duster facelift thread if it is not suitable here.

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan1.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan2.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan3.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan4.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissan5.jpg

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th July 2013 at 06:27. Reason: Adding watermark to pics
swami.n is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 16:42   #231
Senior - BHPian

That must be Terrano, or duster or some future Datsun SUV but they are all same.

Just wondering what are they testing on this ? Everything seem to be same except cosmetic changes and may be slight changes to dash etc. So are they testing for "rattles" in the new interior ?

Or is it going to have changes to suspension etc which will impact ride and handling(I remember Rapid and vento behave slightly differently due to the suspension setup)
Old 18th July 2013, 17:08   #232
Senior - BHPian

What is needed to be observed is if these test cars have drive shafts in the rear. Then these new launches will make a great case for themselves.
navpreet318 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 14:38   #233
Senior - BHPian

Mods: Please remove if this has been already posted
I came across this teaser site for Terrano with some contest going on
http://nissanterrano.in/
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:04   #234
BHPian

Terrano to come in 4 Wheel Drive guise as well!

One car that Nissan is betting big is the upcoming Terrano compact SUV which is based on Duster. If Terrano can accomplish even 3/4th of what Duster has done, Nissan will be happy, we feel!
Now, we were unsure of what engine options will the Terrano get considering that it might ditch one engine trim to prevent direct clashes. It was obvious that it will share Duster’s engines but will all the 3 variants be present was the question mark. Now according to a report by [COLOR=#ff6600]Overdrive.in[/COLOR], the answer is positive! Yes, Terrano will come in both petrol and diesel, with the 1.5L K9K diesel engine getting the 85PS and 110PS specs.

And there is another big revelation here: According to Overdrive, Terrano will also come in 4 wheel Drive as well which the Duster doesn’t, till now. 4-wheel drive is what the Duster lacks and many owners and potential customers have expressed their desire to own a 4WD Duster. Now, till the time Renault plans to get it here, these very people can consider getting the Duster under the Nissan badge.
Renault already sells the Duster 4 wheel Drive in international markets under the Dacia brand and all they needed to do was to rebadge it as a ‘Renault’ and sell it here. However, if the report is to be believed, it appears that Renault wants to give this first mover advantage to Nissan first.
Thinking further, if Terrano is speculated to be a pricier version of the already overpriced Duster with on-road prices crossing 13 Lakh for the top of the line variants, will the 4 Wheel Drive Terrano come close to 15 Lakhs?
We will come to know soon as Nissan is going to launch the Terrano, most probably, around September this year.

Source:http://motorbash.com/4x4-lovers-terr...nes-of-duster/
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanterranoduster.jpg  

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 22nd July 2013 at 19:05.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:38   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Mods: Please remove if this has been already posted
I came across this teaser site for Terrano with some contest going on
http://nissanterrano.in/
Looks like the contest is done. Saw a few retweets of the winners on @Nissan_India timeline
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:06   #236
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India website has put up a 'coming soon' banner for the Terrano. The launch is around the corner, I guess.

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-trno.jpg

Aside, some good news in the meanwhile : The upcoming Nissan Terrano sports utility vehicle will be the last cross badged product, says cardekho.com

Last edited by thoma : 22nd July 2013 at 20:10.
Old 23rd July 2013, 11:26   #237
BHPian

I guess overdrive.in is right and im clearly very happy!

This made me go back and recheck the spyshots of Terrano and guess what I noticed... one of them is a 4WD!!! It also explains why they need to run road-tests on an otherwise fully tested vehicle it is based on.

See for yourself, notice the rods between rear tyres:

P.S. I could be wrong, any experts on the matter out here?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanterranospypics3.jpeg  

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanterranospied1024x819.jpeg  

Last edited by zen kobane : 23rd July 2013 at 11:33.
zen kobane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:29   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
I guess overdrive.in is right and im clearly very happy!

This made me go back and recheck the spyshots of Terrano and guess what I noticed... one of them is a 4WD!!! It also explains why they need to run road-tests on an otherwise fully tested vehicle it is based on.

See for yourself, notice the rods between rear tyres:

P.S. I could be wrong, any experts on the matter out here?
I think you are right. 2WDs have single axle which would be horizontal while the elements seen here are at an angle. These could be silhouette of drive shaft+ independent rear suspension.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:01   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
..This made me go back and recheck the spyshots of Terrano and guess what I noticed... one of them is a 4WD!!! ..
This could not be the Duster too? I know you can test the duster without the camouflage, but well they could testing with it too. Any specific reasons you think this has to be the Nissan sibling?
Old 23rd July 2013, 13:04   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
This could not be the Duster too? I know you can test the duster without the camouflage, but well they could testing with it too. Any specific reasons you think this has to be the Nissan sibling?
Tail lights and no plastic cladding around in lower section, the profile seam running under handle and the obvious front grill.

The pics that I have posted are from a set of more pics with different angle shots.

Research you shall see.

Last edited by zen kobane : 23rd July 2013 at 13:07.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks