Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2013, 14:11   #331
BHPian

re: Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
The Duster's and Terrano's all sheet metal panels are same except the tailgate. Now Renault and Nissan can explore another option by offering a combo of Duster's front end and Terrano's rear end.

Sorry to spoil your mood. That is "dCi" badge to specify diesel variant. The same can be seen in Nissan Micra Diesel and Nissan Sunny Diesel variants.
They have infact made changes to sheet metal... look carefully by keeping Duster side by side. If you look close enough you will notice even the wheel arches are more straight now...

Edit:
Yep, it definitely is the dci badge that comes on Nissan cars, but Im still hoping its their CVT badge, as that also looks quite similar!

I hope they launch an AT!

Last edited by zen kobane : 18th August 2013 at 14:26.
Old 18th August 2013, 14:19   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
The Duster's and Terrano's all sheet metal panels are same except the tailgate.
Not exactly. Terrano's headlight requires change in the metal (unless the fender is plastic). Door is slightly different as well. Duster has a weird curved line going across.
The front bumper seem to be tapering in and looks like the grill is the one which takes impact in case of a collision, which is strange. Or it could be just a visual perception created by the angle of the photograph.
As I was suspecting, the B pillar merely has black paint and not a plastic insert.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 14:29   #333
BHPian

No integrated blinkers on orvms.
Orvms and door handles are silver colored. Nissan should have improved this in teranno.
Those alloys look tasteful!
Old 18th August 2013, 14:41   #334
BANNED

This one seems like a 'face'lift Maruti usually do to their cars. Some changes to headlight, grill and taillight. Everything except those sections remain the same. There is no point in arguing that Duster and Terrano and very very different. But that's what Nissan also may be looking for - get a piece of cake from Renault.
Old 18th August 2013, 14:52   #335
BHPian

It seems Nissan has turned the tables on Renault this times. What with the French brand maintaining a 'premium' image over its Jap partner with the likes of Scala and Pulse.

But it is evident that Terrano looks definitely a notch above the Duster and I know it will be pricier as well but I am not complaining.

Many complained about Duster's poor interiors but frankly speaking I never reached that stage where I could talk about how the seats were poor or some button were oddly placed. Simply because, the exterior was just too ugly for me. No offence to any Duster owner.

The Duster's front end is too bland from me and God son't even get me started on its rear. One of the most ugliest I've seen in recent times. For me the Duster was ROUND and DULL.

Whereas the Terrano is SHARP and SEXY.

The front grille is delicious with a mix of the Pathfinder and Armada design and the icing on the cake is the rear. Though I am not planning to buy a new car anytime soon but if I was I would be more than happy to choose Terrano over Duster even if I had to Rs. 50k extra.
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 16:20   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Looks less tempting than Duster, IMO. For Duster, the good thing in terms of looks was its front end. Now it is ruined.
Sorry Nissan, I have to agree with the above. Terrano looks less butch (masculine) than the Duster. More chrome and the less body metal at the back makes me feel so. Anyway, I'll wait for the front on pictures.

I implore, please leave that ORVM and door handles alone. The silver painting on them looks so dated.

For these changes, if at all, I don't believe they had to run extensive tests. Are you going to let us taste the AT or 4x4?
Old 18th August 2013, 17:10   #337
BHPian

The Terrano is a lot better looking than the Duster IMHO. Both the front and the rear are better looking than the bloated balloon like Duster. It looks a lot premium and urban, than its sibling (atleast on the outside). If Nissan can get pretty good interiors and price it in between the Duster and EcoSport, which is a distant possibility, it can be a real success.

Anything too much more than Duster, Ford will keep laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 18th August 2013, 19:41   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice work Nissan! Look forward to the interior pics. I hope they stepped those up a good couple of notches too.
The front end and alloys stand out the most for me. The rear tail lights are a tad too oversized for a mini SUV, seems like the rear is trying too hard to look macho.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:13   #339
BHPian

Looks great and premium! Most probably even the interiors would be inline with that of the Micra or Sunny. Hence it would command at least 50 to 80k more than that of the Duster unless Nissan shocks everyone with a stunner price.
Old 18th August 2013, 20:45   #340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
the Nissan version definetly looks better than the Duster IMO. But 2013 end is a long long way ahead and what with Nissan's present troubles with its dealers..
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Looks Brawnier , Angrier than the DUSTER , thanks to the omission of the CHROME Grille.
+1 to both. The Nissan version pictured here definably looks better than the Duster. The large horizontal slats on the grille pattern was seen on the Sunny that was replaced with a chrome moustache by Renault in the Scala. Here, it's a reversal, or so it seems.
lifebuoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 21:48   #341
BHPian

Is Nissan marketing team living in a bubble of their own or do they really have few tricks up their sleeve for Terrano?

http://nissanterrano.in

Look at this, they have a countdown up for the so called "BLOCKBUSTER SHOWCASE"... It will be lame for them to be calling this a blockbuster if it lacks any option of AT or 4WD.

Seriously Nissan, Im hoping you're not fooling yourself.
zen kobane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 22:17   #342
BHPian

This seems to be a superficial rework of mainly the front and rear light areas. One hopes there is significant rework of the interiors, in materials and hopefully design. But that will be a long shot.

It seems some who didn't like the Duster's looks prefer this, and if that converts into increased sales, that will be a win for both Renault and Nissan I guess, widening the market.
Old 18th August 2013, 23:07   #343
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Not exactly. Terrano's headlight requires change in the metal (unless the fender is plastic). Door is slightly different as well. Duster has a weird curved line going across.
The front bumper seem to be tapering in and looks like the grill is the one which takes impact in case of a collision, which is strange. Or it could be just a visual perception created by the angle of the photograph.
As I was suspecting, the B pillar merely has black paint and not a plastic insert.
Keen pair of eyes, Gunaji!

- The nose does look sharp, I mean literally. The swept-up chin looks awkward. Or it could be the angle of the photograph playing tricks on you.

- The swollen wheel-arches seem to have been retained.

- The weird slash across the doors seems to be missing. Or is it the colour playing tricks this time?

- Painted pillars look like a very ordinary DIY job. *Thumbs down* for that.

- Alloy wheels resemble the ones that are on the Renault Koleos, strangely.

- Black cladding has been given a miss and while this does give it a more premium look, I prefer black plastic cladding. It works on SUVs. It lends some contrast and breaks the monotony of the paint.

- The cheap silver plastic bits (ORVM covers, door handles) are present.

- Personally, I prefer the way the Duster looks from the back.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th August 2013 at 23:09.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 23:11   #344
BHPian

I don't get the gentleman who took the pics, he had all the time, yet he did not get any interior shots. We already had a bit of an idea of the exterior, it looks identical to the released sketches down to the alloy wheels.

Makes me wonder if the leak was a chance sighting or a company mandated affair.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 23:26   #345
BHPian

I feel that the nissan's version of the duster that is "terrano" doesn't bring anything ground braking over ther duster to the market.

The pricing will be crucial.Though i agree that it does look slightly more premium than the duster but it doesn't warrant a significant price escalation.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks