Team-BHP - Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/128481-nissans-duster-based-suv-terrano-full-pics-out.html)

Mod Note: Team-BHP's Official Nissan Terrano Review is live at this link. Please continue the discussion over in the review thread.

Thanks!

As per an ACI scoop Nissan have confirmed Duster based SUV, which could be possibly launched by 2013 end. Here is the link to ACI report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/321...based-suv.aspx

However, they are also skeptical that this sharing may be delayed by Renault, which is using the Duster to build brand & numbers in India.

the Nissan version definetly looks better than the Duster IMO. But 2013 end is a long long way ahead and what with Nissan's present troubles with its dealers..

Looks Brawnier , Angrier than the DUSTER , thanks to the omission of the CHROME Grille.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 2948104)
But 2013 end is a long long way ahead and what with Nissan's present troubles with its dealers..

This decision to delay Nissan's version of Duster by one year was taken at a global level. Hopefully, Nissan solves their issues with HAI by then.

This would provide choice for those who ll want a different looking duster(i am seeing too many dusters on road in both Bangalore and mangalore now a days) just like we used to see Swifts and i10s earlier

And would this be 30-40K cheaper like the other two cases ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 2948104)
the Nissan version definetly looks better than the Duster IMO. But 2013 end is a long long way ahead and what with Nissan's present troubles with its dealers..

+1.

End of 2013 is too long a wait. Ford Ecosport may disrupt Duster's party by then.

They shall add features present day duster to make it more desirable like 4X4 option, ESP etc. This looks mannered (read groomed) as compared to Renault Duster which looks more street smart (strictly speaking on visual appearance).

Even if Nissan manages to bring its version of Duster, dont forget Nissan's version will end up being costlier than the Duster.
Its basically Renault's cost for the car + Nissan's transfer price. So even if its comes unless its stylish and fully loaded, dont think it will attract the numbers similar to Duster

They could also keep the price same and offer safety features across all variants. It's still a long way off though. There is a dearth of reliability in the 8 to 12 lakh segment. Either the reliable players have no competing models or the models that are present are from unreliable brands. To be clear I'm not talking about crossovers/SUVs alone.

Nissan have a neutral image I think. This could work in their favor when there are so many people unsatisfied with VW, Skoda etc. in terms of A.S.S.

But to really make it work they need to ramp up their operations, increase the production level and ideally have a 2nd plant. The current setup isn't able to support the current demand as it is.

Thats a very good news indeed. Thanks Cardeep. :thumbs up

So by 2013 diwali, we might be seeing around 20K Duster + Nissan version of dusters being sold per month. The way Renault is trying to increase the production of Duster is amazing. And sharing the same platform with Nissan is very good.

The way these two companies are pushing more volumes into market is amazing. One car, different brands and different names, Different service stations => More cars which are identical on roads => More knowledge to all local mechs => Good service. ==> Customer is Happy with their brands.

If they are not stopped, they are going to overtake Maruti for sure in the next 2 years. :D

Bajaj is again doing the same thing with KTM and Pulsar series.

I am happy that, there wouldnt be much waiting by next year mid and duster doesnt end up being another Swift (Swift is the only car which had waiting since its launch)

Hope Nissan takes this opportunity to correct some of the Duster's faults. It's a brilliant brilliant car, but little things like the two speeds adjustment for the wiper-settings, the rudimentary seat-adjustment controls, the utter disregard to the petrol variant, lack of 4WD etc will go a long way in improving an already great car.

I'm not a fan of the ACI render. I'd much prefer this (below) But hey, I'm not the boss.

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanduster01pvt.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-nissanduster02pvt.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-dacia_duster_nissan_499744762.jpg

Source: Google image-search.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gemi_kk (Post 2948245)
Thats a very good news indeed. Thanks Cardeep. :thumbs up

So by 2013 diwali, we might be seeing around 20K Duster + Nissan version of dusters being sold per month. The way Renault is trying to increase the production of Duster is amazing. And sharing the same platform with Nissan is very good.

The way these two companies are pushing more volumes into market is amazing. One car, different brands and different names, Different service stations => More cars which are identical on roads => More knowledge to all local mechs => Good service. ==> Customer is Happy with their brands.

If they are not stopped, they are going to overtake Maruti for sure in the next 2 years. :D

Bajaj is again doing the same thing with KTM and Pulsar series.

I am happy that, there wouldnt be much waiting by next year mid and duster doesnt end up being another Swift (Swift is the only car which had waiting since its launch)

Where exactly did you see the volumes? Forget overtaking Maruti in 2 years, they should concentrate in providing reliable vehicles with impeccable service setup quickly. Opening 100 dealers is a waste if they cannot service cars to customers satisfaction.

Coming back to topic, how about a mini Pathfinder, Nissan?
2013 Pathfinder looks way wicked :D.

Thanks,

Nissan will have the edge as they have made some brilliant SUV's before not sure about Renault's SUV heritage ?
So the heart & head will chose Nissan brand be it an SUV or baby SUV like the Duster

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2948255)
Hope Nissan takes this opportunity to correct some of the Duster's faults. It's a brilliant brilliant car, but little things like the two speeds adjustment for the wiper-settings, the rudimentary seat-adjustment controls, the utter disregard to the petrol variant, lack of 4WD etc will go a long way in improving an already great car.

I'm not a fan of the ACI render. I'd much prefer this (below) But hey, I'm not the boss.

Attachment 1007976

Attachment 1007977

Attachment 1007978

Source: Google image-search.

The front grill does look way way better than the ACI one. I think that's the same design for the bigger Nissan SUV right? Still not a huge fan of the rear design. Will there be a better interior quality then?

Quote:

Originally Posted by acroback (Post 2948257)
Where exactly did you see the volumes? Forget overtaking Maruti in 2 years, they should concentrate in providing reliable vehicles with impeccable service setup quickly. Opening 100 dealers is a waste if they cannot service cars to customers satisfaction.

Coming back to topic, how about a mini Pathfinder, Nissan?
2013 Pathfinder looks way wicked :D.

Thanks,

First month : 1100+
Second month : 3000+
Third month : 4100+
And they have a waiting list of 21000 for Dusters. Doesnt this mean that they have huge demand?
Maruti sells 60K per month.

Nissan + Renault selling around 6-8 K per month. I know that its difficult. But it is definitely possible to overtake many other brands. They need another product which could click in the market like Duster. This itself will fetch decent volumes.

After all, Renault and Nissan need some time and more volumes to start more service stations. They cant open all service stations and then start producing cars. As the sales go Up, More cars come on Roads. which would get More Stations in all cities. This is how it goes. No company starts 200 -300 service stations and then start making cars. We need to give them some time. My 2 Cents.

I expected this from the start. This is also evident seeing that Duster prices have increased. I bet Renault is selling this car at HUGE profit margins. Nissan has enough room to gown down the price range.

PS: Funny thing is, there is nothing "Renault" about the Duster directly, because its based on Nissan B0 platform and designed by Dacia. Renault owning part of the former and whole of the later simply badged it as a Renault in India. Plus IMHO it looks more Korean than European.