Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 16:46   #1
BHPian

SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway

Dear All,

On the way from Sriperumbadur to Chennai, I noticed a new car on a truck without a registration. It looked very similar to the Estilo but was nothing like I had seen before. So after closing in on the vehicle I found out that the car was a SKODA!! and to my surprise an Electric Vehicle (EV). It had EV written on the back and "ALL ELECTRIC" written just below the side indicators next to the door. Does anybody have an idea about this car??

Here are the pictures.
SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway-skoda1.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway-skoda2.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway-skoda3.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway-skoda4.jpg

SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway-skoda5.jpg

Regards,
Anant

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st October 2012 at 19:18. Reason: uploading the pics after watermarking. Thanks!
anantu2001 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 16:55   #2
BHPian

This is indeed a good catch.But I think this may be for testing purpose only.I don't remember reading anything about Skoda's plan to launch any EV in Indian market.Anyway thanks a lot for sharing the info and I expect the experts to comment on this.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:11   #3
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway

I can see an aftermarket spoiler on it, which indicates it to owned by some, possibly an import ? Skoda officially has electric cars in markets outside ?

Did some googling and found Skoda is planning for production of electric cars based on the VW E-up platform, a few websites have also posted it by the name Skoda Citigo, the pics also feel to be very similar to the one spotted by you.

Source Link : http://evworld.com/news.cfm?newsid=27222

There is another difference though, the one you have spotted is a 4 door hatch while the one in pics on the link above is a 2 door hatch. Confused

Mods, if it not right on my part to post links like that here, please feel free to delete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantu2001 View Post
And by the way, there was a person sitting inside the car too!!

Regards,
Anant
Man, I missed that, you have eagle eyes or what ?
If it was a test car, it probably broke down or if it is an import, the owner obviously found it convenient to sit in like that, rather in the truck beside the driver which could cause serious strains to his private parts

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 31st October 2012 at 17:33.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:14   #4
BHPian

re: SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway

And by the way, there was a person sitting inside the car too!!

Regards,
Anant
anantu2001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 17:51   #5
BHPian

Thats a good catch, I have reported the post for watermarking. I suggest members watermark their pictures of new car spotting before posting. I have seen lot of pictures from Tbhp making way on other sites and blogs as scoops!
Old 31st October 2012, 17:56   #6
BHPian

Good catch!

But please tell me the VW group isn't serious about launching electric vehicles here.

They FIRST need to get their act together (after sales service/customer satisfaction wise) with their regular cars.

Last edited by speed kills : 31st October 2012 at 18:06.
Old 31st October 2012, 19:05   #7
gemi_kk

I feel, VW group found a new way to make more money.

If the electric car comes for a service, either replace the battery or change the Motor. Only two options. Bill amount would be either 1/3 or 1/2 of the car price. Service duration: once in one year or 15000 KM.

recollecting a joke on Skoda
Skoda @ 15000 km mark : Odo shows GAME OVER.

VW, There would be no use in lauching the best car ever made by any company over here. Your sales, service should be better. when you want to sell and make money, you should serve the customer. This is what called as ATTITUDE. Being german or Solid doesnt add any value. You should be Soft and Kind to customers, Understand their problem, pain with their cars (after all, you designed and made them. sold them too) and help them out in the best possible way.

Electric cars: 2 years ago, i could sense the death of petrol cars, with rising petrol prices.

Now i feel that, Death of diesel cars is about to come in the next couple of years. :(

Old 31st October 2012, 19:20   #8
Team-BHP Support

I am very very sure that this is not a Skoda or a VW. The logo may resemble a Skoda but it may also be a very similar chinese logo.

This car looks 100% chinese. The door handles are still pull type.

I am also feeling that this car is a Power Star Lanka Exona launched in 2009. Google does not show pics for this car at all.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 19:42   #9
BHPian

Can It be Zotye?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...v-spotted.html
Old 31st October 2012, 20:13   #10
BHPian

To me it feels like a PSTR-C208 from Power Star Engineering a group in Sri-Lanka .

The site says it can do a maximum speed of 80-100 km/h and has a range of 120 - 150 Km on a single charge which takes about 8-15 Hours .

Here is the link :-

http://www.powerstarlanka.com/powerstar_2009_016.htm

P.S. Thanks Vid6639 for pointing out that it could be from powestarlanka .

Last edited by Enigmatic : 31st October 2012 at 20:15.
Enigmatic is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 13:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
To me it feels like a PSTR-C208 from Power Star Engineering a group in Sri-Lanka .

The site says it can do a maximum speed of 80-100 km/h and has a range of 120 - 150 Km on a single charge which takes about 8-15 Hours .

Here is the link :-

http://www.powerstarlanka.com/powerstar_2009_016.htm
Thanks Enigmatic for the link. It indeed seems like the powerstarlanka product. I wonder how they could produce a much better looking electric car when we are still in the Reva phase!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 1st November 2012 at 20:27. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 1st November 2012, 20:01   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway

The webpage is so shoddily made and there aren't even clear images. Then, there's the following text. I'm wondering what kind of company this is.

Perhaps, another manufacturer has just brought it down for R&D.

Quote:
Curb Weight 1350kg
Maximum Gross Weight 1520kg
170 kilos only for passengers & luggage. A healthy Indian male weighs 75 kilos, hence it's a 2 seater at best?

Quote:
Maximum Speed 80-100km/H
80 or 100? Which one?

Quote:
Rated Power 15KW
The li'l 2 door superlight Reva has 13 odd KW on tap.

Quote:
Charging time 8-15 hours
8 hours of 15?

Quote:
Estimated Battery Life= 400times
Meaning a battery life of 1 - 2 years.

Quote:
We provide with 1825 days money back guarantee
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 22:05   #13
BHPian

Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car - "Exona"

This is a Chinese electric car "Changhe Ideal" (plenty of information on Google about it)

This was imported in SriLanka by Power Star Lanka (Pvt) Ltd and are selling it as "Exona".

Quote:
Power Star Lanka (Pvt) Ltd on Friday introduced “Exona”, a Chinese made electric car, to the local market during the EDEX exhibition in Colombo. This zero emission electric car has a top speed of 110 Kmh and can travel a distance of 150 km on a single charge. The company plans to set up an electric car manufacturing plant in Sri Lanka for the export market mainly Europe and West Asia. Pic by J. Weerasekera.
Clear image on and a bit more info on:
http://www.sundaytimes.lk/090125/Fin...mes/ft306.html

Seems like they are selling the car in bulk!
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:50   #14
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics : Power Star's PSTR-C208 Electric Car spotted on the Chennai Highway

Thanks guys for the feedback. I am not sure why they have brought it to India, but what I am sure is that it had a SKODA logo at the back.

Rest of the feedback is up to the experts to make \

Regards,
Anant

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks