Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2012, 01:04   #91
BHPian

Re: October 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
Duster is selling 1100 units more than the venerable XUV5OO! I am quite surprised by this as XUV offers a lot more for a slightly higher price. I guess more than SUVs, people want SUV-styled cars, even if those don't offer all the benefits for which people choose SUVs in the first place.
I guess this is because of the practicality (due to size), quality (sans the niggles) & price that Duster offers over XUV! Basically, the public wants a SUV and not specifically XUV, as you rightly inferred!
Old 4th November 2012, 01:40   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
The only doubt with Toyota is, Toyota reliability is damn good, but these two Etios brothers being exception. They are like orphans adopted into Toyota family. So i doubt these two orphan brothers reliability.

Also read somewhere that, Toyota's one injector cost is 40K + a labor of some 6K. what would happen to the customer if some of the injectors conk off? Rest of the portfolio of Toyota is proven. Maybe owners can say couple of words about this and clarify our doubts.
Etios brothers are not proven because they are too young and they had been designed for Indian (read third world) market. A good thing, because never heard of Honda or VW trying any model exclusively for us. They have just repackaged products available elsewhere. Incidentally, Ford has this done with Figo.

Checked the Injector cost for Etios/Liva. Costs Rs 11,950, including labour cost. So far, Topsel Toyota (the only Kolkata Toyota dealer) has not replaced any for Etiios brothers either in warranty or outside. Warranty is for 3 years or 1 lakh km and Kolkata not running any taxi on Toyota (here taxis can get be licensed only with Ambassador, Tata Indica/Indigo and Maruti Swift models), there aren't any replacements in one year. I should be feeling happy!

Last edited by subratasenn : 4th November 2012 at 01:44.
subratasenn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 11:20   #93
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Etios brothers are not proven because they are too young and they had been designed for Indian (read third world) market. A good thing, because never heard of Honda or VW trying any model exclusively for us. They have just repackaged products available elsewhere. Incidentally, Ford has this done with Figo.

Checked the Injector cost for Etios/Liva. Costs Rs 11,950, including labour cost. So far, Topsel Toyota (the only Kolkata Toyota dealer) has not replaced any for Etiios brothers either in warranty or outside. Warranty is for 3 years or 1 lakh km and Kolkata not running any taxi on Toyota (here taxis can get be licensed only with Ambassador, Tata Indica/Indigo and Maruti Swift models), there aren't any replacements in one year. I should be feeling happy!
That's really promising dude. the way toyota cars are made, they can last for couple of lakh km's. The history says it, Qualis/innova/altis/corolla/fortuner

Waiting for some ownership threads who clocked more than one lakh kms.
  (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 11:35   #94
Senior - BHPian

Is Manesar running on full capacity yet?

I think the i20 is at an all time high number. Impressive! Saw only one Elantra on road till now. I guess I will get to see more pretty soon.

The Duster is gaining and I see a lot of them on road now.
Old 4th November 2012, 12:06   #95

very sad to see competent cars not doing as well as expected and some of the not so competent cars doing exceedingly well.Is the value for money trait so strong as to discount the motoring standards and pedigree of some of the cars not selling well eg linea,punto,jetta ,rapid etc.
have bought a Jetta Tsi recently because i genuinely liked the feel and the motoring capabilities of the car.For people with less running,i believe a petrol sedan with decent mileage is a far better option than a diesel over a period of 5 years.
The upsurge of the SUV /mini SUVs is just a symptom of the disease of Dieselisation afflicting our car buying population.No SUV will give you the driving pleasure or dynamics of a sedan half the cost.
Am wondering if this craze for SUVs will keep up once our skewed pricing policies are eventually corrected.
Old 4th November 2012, 12:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Any trends/graphs available on increase/decrease of overall sales month on month, year on year? I am interested to see if this ongoing recession has dented auto sales at all.
Old 4th November 2012, 23:08   #97
Team-BHP Support

In the coming year, it would become very clear that market of even C-segment sedans would get invaded by X-overs. With subsequent launches,
there would be huge initial inroads into their market share, before they stabilise into a segmentation.

Having said that the value of D segment may further step down, depending on how many more SUVs in that price range are offerred. Today there are very few.
If that section gets filled up, then there should be real blood bath between sedans and SuVs.
Old 5th November 2012, 11:08   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Toyota definitely didn't have a bad month as compared to let's say Ford or GM.
Toyota's total surge of 14% in sales have come from basically Innova and Liva.

While Etios sales are down (that is true for almost every sedan in the segment), the Liva has probably picked up from Figo, Beat and Ritz going by the numbers of these three.

It will be interesting to watch this segment once Sail is launched. Liva vs Figo vs Beat vs Ritz vs Sail UV-A. Great quarter-final league table games to look forward to for another one year or so.
@ subratasenn, you probably missed our National car SWIFT in this race.
In my view, the competition in this segment must be:

Liva Vs Figo Vs Swift Vs i20 Vs Micra Vs Pulse Vs Sail Vs Polo.

* Vista and Fabia are not included because there are dedicated buyers for these who normally are not interested in the rest-of-the-competition

* Ritz (just the Swift's alternative) and Beat (a low-priced Diesel Hatck) are not in this league in my view. (Definitely not intending to provoke Ritz / Beat fans out there).

----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
For many it is the interiors that break the deal. I have plenty of friends who went for figo just because interiors felt cheap and never gave that premium feel
There were talks about toyota re working interior but looks like they want to milk more.
@ Rajesh, Liva's new Biege + black dual tone interiors is already out from August this year in their Diesel Top-End variant "GDSP". I took delivery of one in September and detailed pictures are available in my initial ownership thread.

---------
Quote:
Figo is an equally great car. People do have their personal choices in buying decisions. I love the handling of Figo, the more silent engine (as compared to Liva). But Liva gives better GC (no chance of brushing the underbelly of the car with 5 people and luggage), better FE (I am constantly getting 17.5 in B2B city traffic with AC on). I don't mind the black-grey interiors that the Liva offers -- I had always preferred this colour scheme over beige interiors. .......
I feel, Grey-black is better than Biege-Black intereiors in terms of maintenance. I hardly had to invest efforts to maintain the black interiors of my Alto for the past 5+ years, whereas it is quite bothersome with my Beige-Black Liva!

And I slightly differ on your view regarding the GC on a Liva. With 5 adults (and no luggage), the Liva touched really huge speed-brakers (not the standard ones, I mean the self-made ones at village stretches). I almost stopped the car at a similar speed-braker during the 2nd time, it still touched.

Recently read somewhere that the shock-absorbers in Liva are so much absorbant that it makes the car touch such high bumps. This is not an annoying / bothersome point though as it happened only twice in considerably hich bumps!

----------
Overall, Good to see an increase in Liva numbers in Oct! Hoping to see similar stories in the next months too for this VFM car.

Cheers!!
M

Last edited by Mister_M : 5th November 2012 at 11:34.
Mister_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 11:30   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
@ subratasenn, you probably missed our National car SWIFT in this race.
In my view, the competition in this segment must be:

Liva Vs Figo Vs Swift Vs i20 Vs Micra Vs Pulse Vs Sail Vs Polo.

* Vista and Fabia are not included because there are dedicated buyers for these who normally are not interested in the rest-of-the-competition

* Ritz (just the Swift's alternative) and Beat (a low-priced Diesel Hatck) are not in this league in my view. (Definitely not intending to provoke Ritz / Beat fans out there).

----------

Good to see an increase in Liva numbers in Oct! Hoping to see similar stories in the next months too for this VFM car.

Cheers!!
M
I didn't miss out on the Swift or the Polo or I20. I kept them out because they fall in the >7 lakh OTR price category.

The jostling of space in the sub 7 lakh category would be interesting to watch. Sail UV-A, because of its pricing has failed to come in here.

So it would mainly be: Figo vs Liva vs Ritz vs Beat vs Pulse vs Micra

Also, these cars are relatively new on Indian roads and some of them (Figo and Liva) designed exclusively for Indian/third world markets.

And you are right -- Liva's one month surge in sales figure can just be an one-off thing because of the ongoing festive discounts. Or is it because of the newly introduced grey-biege interior (which you seem to have opted for)?

Last edited by subratasenn : 5th November 2012 at 11:37.
subratasenn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 11:59   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Audi India certain to clinch projected sales target of 8,000 units by 2012; wraps off October with sales of 850 vehicles.

Quote:
Audi India, a completely owned subsidiary of German automobile manufacturer Audi, seems set to achieve its estimated sales target of 8,000 units by the end of 2012. The premium luxury and sports car maker ended the October 2012 month, with a remarkable sales figure of 850 units, a sharp 76 per cent climb as compared to 482 Audi cars sold in the same period last year. Evidently, Audi India has registered an astounding 55 per cent surge in its vehicle sales at 7,267 units in YTD period (Year-to-date) between January and October months of 2012, as against 4,692 units in the same duration last year
http://www.cartrade.com/car-bike-new...es-118990.html
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 12:15   #101
BHPian

A amazing thread as usual, GTO!

But, I also expected and sorely miss your comments section which forms the icing on the cake. Please make it standard each month.

Seeing the healthy plethora of compé in C2, the fact that one stupendous player in this segment could make most of the existing big weights a little uneasy, is very disappointing. Add to the fact that that company is a totally irresponsible, careless brat here in India.

MITSUBISHI, are you hearing? The current gen Lancer with just sufficient marketing and *** priced at around 6-10 lacs would ruin the party for everyone else. Add to that sporty looks with attitude and oomph, practicality, and the decent brand name. Along with decent levels of localisation, I think it is quite possible for Mits to bring it here. Now only if HM-Mitsu splits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post

...Toyota should bring the Rav4 at a good price and tap the market. .
Exactly what I thought. TKM should definitely pitch the Rav4 in this segment here in India, obviously manufacturing it locally! In fact, I think they should prospect on bringing a lot more of their very good JDM models. They could quite easily hit the top 3 chart then!
Old 5th November 2012, 15:01   #102
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
very sad to see competent cars not doing as well as expected and some of the not so competent cars doing exceedingly well.Is the value for money trait so strong as to discount the motoring standards and pedigree of some of the cars not selling well eg linea,punto,jetta ,rapid etc.
One's Past and his actions will decide on ones future. [Trying to do the best convertion from my mother tongue]

Fiat: They dont have their own sales network. Forget about service. They have tie up with the india's worst service network [sorry, Tata's are not actually worst, but worst with FIAT]. If i am a customer, i need to go to Tata to see a fiat product. For service i need to go again to Tata. Then why shouldnt i buy a Tata? Simple.

For Skoda's, As you know, the number of vehicles sold is directly proportional to the number of cases filed in Consumer forum. Why would any customer wants to have a relation ship with such a MAD/BAD/DUD company? If i wanna learn Foul language, then i would definitely go and buy a Skoda Just kidding... dont shout on me guys

Old 5th November 2012, 18:06   #103
Senior - BHPian

Really surprised at the sales numbers of Duster. It crossed 5k in its 4th month and overtook the segment leader Verna! I wonder if it will hold its sales figures in the months to come and I hope, Renault will not tarnish its A.S.S.

Hyundai sure has its ball rolling with record sales of i20. I suppose its the highest sales number that i20 has recorded.

Mitsubishi has surrendered all its guns and have lost interest in the Indian market it seems. Why cant they get the new Lancer in here? Skoda's sale is all but ho-hum. Hope their strategy revision helps them to plonk in some numbers.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 5th November 2012 at 18:07.
Old 5th November 2012, 20:42   #104
BHPian

@ Sups,

Chevrolet Promise is standard with every Chevrolet car other than Tavera & Captiva. One has to pay extra for Chevrolet Promise Cashless Ownership Offer (CPCOO).

Chevrolet Promise: Commitment from company that maintenence for 3 years/45000kms would be a certain amount. If it exceeds that amount the difference amount would be refunded if you show the bills.

CPCOO: Pay a certain amount (lesser than Chevrolet Promise amount) and for 3 years/45000 kms pay nothing for maintenence.

Tyres, battery and accidental damage are excluded from above.
Old 6th November 2012, 00:56   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
@ Sups,

Chevrolet Promise is standard with every Chevrolet car other than Tavera & Captiva. One has to pay extra for Chevrolet Promise Cashless Ownership Offer (CPCOO).

Chevrolet Promise: Commitment from company that maintenence for 3 years/45000kms would be a certain amount. If it exceeds that amount the difference amount would be refunded if you show the bills.

CPCOO: Pay a certain amount (lesser than Chevrolet Promise amount) and for 3 years/45000 kms pay nothing for maintenence.

Tyres, battery and accidental damage are excluded from above.
Yes, but not very promising if you have to pay extra. Others also have similar schemes. For example, Toyota, which has their SMILE scheme running, costing Rs 1800 plus tax per year for three years. Takes care of oil, oil filter, regular service.
Comes cheaper than Chevvy, which is about Rs 17000/- odd for three years for Beat!

Last edited by subratasenn : 6th November 2012 at 00:59.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks