Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2012, 00:09   #1
BHPian

Maruti workers to go on strike (again!!) Hunger strike this time

Well, found the other thread to be closed, so beginning a new one.
saw this article in a Malayalam daily today.

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/business/...ke-314933.html

Translation : " A section of maruthi employees are preparing for a strike again. 548 employees were dismissed by the management during their last strike. This strike is to force the management to take them back.

This time they are planning for a hunger strike. The employees was to ensure that it is a peaceful strike this time.
"

Not a good news for the auto industry. If this is true, we are gonna see the waiting periods to increase again.
nettooran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 01:13   #2
BHPian

Re: Maruthi workers to go on strike (again!!) Hunger strike this time

The hunger strike began from today at Manesar. The laid-off employees want re-instatement.
Old 7th November 2012, 01:26   #3
BHPian

Ahh!! Back to the good old days when one must wait months for the Swift!!

Honestly, after all the debate that took place in the previous thread regarding the story published by one of the workers himself, this doesn't seem too surprising. The discussion was heavy there about how much each of the sides was at fault. I am kinda getting ready to see that whole argument rekindle here all over again.!!
Old 7th November 2012, 02:29   #4
BHPian

Good news for the newcomer Sail. Do we see sales falling over? Vista has always benefited from MSIL Manesar strikes. Sail can capitalize even more!
Old 7th November 2012, 08:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti workers to go on strike (again!!) Hunger strike this time

Not again! This is alarming news but not surprising considering the fact that over 500 workers were sacked at one go.

It is for sure that in such large numbers, there must be error of judgement on many of those workers who were totally innocent and were victims of being present there at the wrong time. But if this is not solved quickly it may lead to another bitter round of tussle between the two parties.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

Ooops, MS back in news again. But the timing again is wrong, not during the festive season when MS wanted to make up for the long standing bookings and come back to red in the financial books.

Surely this is going to benefit the competitors. But what about those who are already on the booking list, do they pull out/withdraw the bookings. Last time it did happen isnt it.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

OH no, not again!
Something seems to be terribly wrong at Maruti plant in Maneswar.

I don't want to comment on whether the management was at fault or the workers demand was aggresive. But one thing is sure that the management has failed to manage the workforce at the Maruti plant.

I hope there is no disruption of production and the matter is settled soon by both the parties.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

They hit out when it hurts the most. Isn't it?
Earlier it was at the launch of the New Swift.
Now at festival time.
Sometimes makes me wonder if there is corporate conspiracy at hand.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:20   #9
Senior - BHPian

Look at it like this, - whenever a competitor launches a product in direct competition to Swift, or some contraption with 1.3ltr DDiS engine, the Manesar plant goes on strike. Maybe the competitors have to just grease the palms of a few key union hands to get a strike started.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Again? This is bad.

I thought the tensions were solved for good with a higher pay and all the last time.

Something wrong is happening at Manesar. I think the Gurgaon plant is also supporting this protest even though they are not striking.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:07   #11
BANNED

So they want murder to be legitimized? Hooda's Haryana is great!! I think the Unions are committing Hara kiri, since Gujarat is waiting.

Last edited by sgiitk : 7th November 2012 at 10:09.
Old 7th November 2012, 10:20   #12
gemi_kk

Now this is a ver bad thing from employees.

With this, No manufacturer would have any guts to reinvest in the same place again. Maruti will never invest again in the same place. They will move to either chennai or Gujrat.

What did the employees gain? They are loosing their jobs in the long run. Their kids might not have any opportunity to get jobs as they are scaring industries. This is not at all acceptable from them. They got very good hikes and now they are starting a fight again?

Agreed that some 560 were fired and i believe there is a very good reason for firing them. But getting them on board again is like having a Dynamite in the cockpit of Maruti.

Old 7th November 2012, 10:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

@sgiitk, i was specifically concerned about the demands, the news item seemingly makes one believe that the folks who were involved in murder are being asked to be taken back.

The other side of the story is the 500 odd sacked employees havent been charged with violence by the police (so their involvement is questionable), they were dismissed purely on suspicion.

Some of this strike blame also goes to the management, they have not been good at doing things right and keeping it fair is my opinion.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 13:09   #14
Senior - BHPian

These 500 folks are accused of being kingpins in the violence and subsequent murder!! So now these suspects want their jobs back so that they can continue on their murderous path. Shamelessness at its very best I say.
For all the folks supporting these 500 odd workers, please answer where in the world are murder and arson suspects reinstated into their jobs, before the investigation and trial is over?
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 13:24   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Only consolation with this strike is that its a hunger strike and nothing to do with violence.

If the person arrested is not guilty he could be taken back. But again the call is with Maruti.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks