Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2012, 22:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Ritz AT unveiled on Maruti website

This is awesome news.

Test drove the Brio AT a few days back, like everything except for the stiff suspension. It will be driven by wifey, 1-2 people in car 90% if the time, and no high speed driving - hence would prefer a softer suspension.

I guess in the cost of Brio AT, I will get a diesel AT if this is prized right.

I have been wondering for quite some time now that there is no Diesel AT on this side of 13-14L!
Old 8th November 2012, 22:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21
I have been wondering for quite some time now that there is no Diesel AT on this side of 13-14L!
Fluidic Verna and Scorpio are the diesel AT vehicles less than 14L.
Old 8th November 2012, 23:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Good to see AT cars picking up, finally. When I bought A-Star AT last year, my friends wondered why. It's too sissy according to some of them. But now they are changing their opnion. One friend bought Ritz Diesel around same time and he somewhat regrets now. He says he should have bought clutch-less AT because his Ritz Diesel clutch hardened to a point where his calf msucles ache from frequent gear changes. To hell with FE , he now says. If only we see a diesel AT now. It's about time. We have so many petrol AT hatches. Isn't it time we had at least one in diesel?
Old 9th November 2012, 09:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2012 at 13:33.
Equus is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th November 2012, 10:21   #20
BANNED

There is not much use in introducing AT / CNG / LPG or even any other rocket science in Ritz without changing that "mostly hated" rear, IMO.

If Maruti is keen on keeping those original 'unconventional' looks in tact, they have to launch a new car with more acceptable looks, for the people who are not looking for fashionable cars. These kind of customers may not opt for Swift and Ritz, and there is no other model available from Maruti in the B2 segment. So, they will definitely move to rivals' showroom, where they can choose among Figo, i20, Polo, Punto and Liva which are conventional designs.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun
If Maruti is keen on keeping those original 'unconventional' looks in tact, they have to launch a new car with more acceptable looks, for the people who are not looking for fashionable cars. These kind of customers may not opt for Swift and Ritz, and there is no other model available from Maruti in the B2 segment. So, they will definitely move to rivals' showroom, where they can choose among Figo, i20, Polo, Punto and Liva which are conventional designs.
The Punto, Polo and the i20 are some of the most fashionable cars out there! Interesting that you mention them in the same breath as the Figo and Liva, whose designs are conventional. The basic silhouette of the Swift has not changed much over the years much like the iconic MINI. Nothing unconventional about the Swift's design, IMHO. I personally like the rear of the Ritz but that's a subjective thing.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 11:45   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
The Punto, Polo and the i20 are some of the most fashionable cars out there! Interesting that you mention them in the same breath as the Figo and Liva, whose designs are conventional.
'Fashionable' may be a wrong word I used. What I was saying is those cars are much 'easy to digest' than a Swift / Ritz.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 14:39   #23
BHPian

A good move by Maruti, should be a worthy competitor to the i10 AT. The website does not clearly mention if both petrol and diesel come with it.
Old 9th November 2012, 19:34   #24
BHPian

For its intended purpose as a car living most of its life on urban roads, what turns me off is the non- availability of the ZXi trim on this auto variant. Rear wiper I can do without, but no power mirrors or driver seat height adjustment is kind of weired in a car that is meant to be self driven!
Old 9th November 2012, 19:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

So finally we get to see an AT in the crucial 6-9 Lakh Hatchback, wish they do the same with Swift. Probably they might await for the success of Ritz AT before they plonk in the gearbox to Swift.
Hopefully they put in the power windows atleast which makes it in-line with the car being more comfortable for urban usage.

Believe the AT is only for petrol and not for Diesel :(
Old 10th November 2012, 02:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Good move from Maruti - I think the Ritz is an able competitor for the i10 AT in terms of space and may better it in mileage.
Would have been better if they would have offered the AT in both vxi and zxi variant - the vxi only AT loses out on electrically adjustable ORVMs, rear wash / wipe, Airbags and a couple more things.
Old 10th November 2012, 07:40   #27
BHPian

Just wondering if Ritz AT then shortly Swift AT is on its way?
That would be awesome and would make Maruti undisputed king of ATs under 10L.
Old 10th November 2012, 08:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

A Diesel Automatic would be the perfect first timer's Car, economical for someone coming in from a two wheeler and no confusion with gears, learn how to release the clutch etc.

TATA should have got the first mover advantage by getting a diesel INDICA

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2012 at 13:35. Reason: Correcting typo. Please proof-read posts before submitting
Old 10th November 2012, 08:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Excellent move! This will surely lure customers looking for an automatic car but have no other options to look at other than i10/A-star and Brio. I always liked Ritz even though many people were put off by its shape. One thing I want to ask - a 4 speed automatic - is that bad? I mean is the difference between 4 and 5 speed that great? I do not know much about Automatics but I guess 4 speed is more than enough for at least city driving right? Can some one please list advantages of 5 speed over 4 speed automatic
Not an expert. But my i10 AT has a 4 speed gearbox, and performs amazingly well in the city. On the highway, she does pretty decent, but not as good as an MT i10. I guess the 4 speed box accounts for the low FE too..
Old 10th November 2012, 10:27   #30
BHPian

Called up the local MSIL dealers and as per them the A/T version is only launched in NCR as of now. One of them had no clue about the A/T variant on the Ritz at all. The dealer who has heard about it has no information on pricing or availability here. Hope it gets launched pan India soon. As for pricing I think it would be less than the Honda Brio as the Rtiz Vxi costs 4.76 ex showroom. Add to that the cost of the A/T box and it would probably touch 5.5 which is still less by about 30K than the Brio.

Really good news for A/T lovers in India now.

OT: Why does the MSIL website not reflect the updated phone nos. of the dealers? I can understand outdated phone nos. for the service stations but at least the dealer list should be kept updated.

Most Viewed