Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 12:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP! All-New Mercedes A-Class caught testing in India

I might buy this for my wife in a couple of years from now.

A second-hand Petrol after 4 years should be around the 10 lac mark, given the constant rising of petrol prices. This is to get entry into the Merc Club.

I hope maintenance costs are much lesser than C Classes.

- Hope Merc Offers an AMG on this too
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 19:55   #17
BHPian

Re: All-New Merc A-Class caught testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
The base petrol B Class and the base Diesel A class are both priced at 21.2k pounds OTR in UK. So if they are only going to be bringing the diesel model here it could touch 20L ex showroom or maybe match the petrol B class price here too like it is in UK

But the B class that is priced ~21.5L in India is not the basic variant is it ?
I happened to see this in Auto Car program yesterday, the launch is in 2013 with ex-showroom of 18L. When I tuned into the channel they had already done the review so couldn't see if its petrol or diesel. But I heard its coming with 7 speed DSG. The guy on the channel asked all enthusiasts to hold on to the cheques for few months to await this and many other models coming up in the hatch segment. So I guess its not too long a wait for A-Class to hit the showroom.

If its 18L ex-showroom, it may be upto 22L on road at Bangalore. This is a good buy in my opinion. If they offer 7 year loan with 90% ex-showroom, I guess a lot of these would show up on Indian roads!
srinih75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 17:21   #18
BHPian

An honest review by Auto Express.

Looks real good!
Old 15th November 2012, 17:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I might buy this for my wife in a couple of years from now.
- Hope Merc Offers an AMG on this too
OT: You want to buy an AMG Merc for your wife?

Don't worry, all you get on offer is AMG sport kit and no AMG Engine forget it! But I am awaiting for the diesel version to come out, not because diesel is cheaper but because to burn some rubber Interesting torque figures in the top of the line A200 sport version. But on the other hand, I am pretty sure this will come with a 7 speed DSG and the lower variants too (will be auto box in any case!).

If Merc offers a 6 speed manual, a few enthusiasts might buy to fulfill their thirst of owning a hot hatch.
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 00:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
But on the other hand, I am pretty sure this will come with a 7 speed DSG and the lower variants too (will be auto box in any case!).

If Merc offers a 6 speed manual, a few enthusiasts might buy to fulfill their thirst of owning a hot hatch.
I read that the car is expected in both petrol and diesel versions but both would be powered by the 7 speed G-tronic auto box. The manual definitely is something which Merc should consider bringing down with the A-class. A manual with a panoramic sunroof is something on my wishlist (however in all likelihood that doesn't seem probable)

Its nice to see Mercedes Benz bringing its premium hatch to India and I hope other manufacturers too bring down their respective models. Its high time the 10L bracket for a hatch is removed and people get over the "dicky waali gaadi" mentality and start buying what they want and not what others think they should.
Old 19th November 2012, 20:31   #21
vij
BHPian

Read somewhere that this will make its way only towards the end of 2013. Too long a wait.
Old 22nd November 2012, 13:44   #22
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Looks much better than the B class!

Source: Super Cars,Super Bikes & Exotics in Pune fb page
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
SCOOP! All-New Mercedes A-Class caught testing in India-.jpg
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:36   #23
vij
BHPian

Wonder when the bookings will start. Planning to book one - whether I go through with the full purchase eventually is another matter

Last edited by vij : 23rd November 2012 at 23:43.
Old 12th April 2013, 11:42   #24
Senior - BHPian

From yesterday's Bloomberg Autocar Show Scoop section - Hormazd Sorabjee confirmed that along with A180 BluEFficiency and A200 CDI, Mercedes India is going to launch 2014 A45 AMG too in the second half of 2013
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 11:41   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Mercedes to Launch the A class in May, 3 months ahead of schedule, tweets SVP. The A180 in petrol/diesel automatic variants. Speculated pricing 22- 25 lakhs!

Cheers!
Old 26th April 2013, 14:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Im not too sure if this will sell well at the 22-25L price being speculated. Also then the CLA which is a booted version of this car will then sell at close to 29-30 ! The C Class is available at around 32L and that would seem to be a better deal than the CLA.

The Mini's have not done very well in India due to the pricing and i see this hot hatch going down that road as well. The car is very hot and really well designed and it could be a big success at around 18L.
Old 26th April 2013, 15:05   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Im not too sure if this will sell well at the 22-25L price being speculated. Also then the CLA which is a booted version of this car will then sell at close to 29-30 ! The C Class is available at around 32L and that would seem to be a better deal than the CLA.
Agree with you. I was expecting they price the sedan version at less than 25L on road and the hatch version at less than 19-20L on road. This is what I have been reading in various news articles as well in different online magazines. I also watched some reviews of the Sedan version and it looked so-so car (not disappointing atleast).

They are also providing AWD versions in some countries, I hope the AWD makes it's way in India as well. There are very few RWD or AWD cars available in lower price segments.
Old 27th April 2013, 01:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij
Wonder when the bookings will start. Planning to book one - whether I go through with the full purchase eventually is another matter
Got an invite for the preview of the car on May 4th. Launch should be around the corner.
Old 27th April 2013, 12:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

IAB have reported a sighting of the car on a trailer on the Eastern Expressway in Mumbai. Here is link to their report & the image:

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/04/m...d-mumbai-73411

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/147857.jpg
Old 27th April 2013, 14:06   #30
BHPian

Wasnt the B class priced in the 22-25l bracket? If so, then this should hopefully be a little cheaper.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks