Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 22:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Auto Expo moves to Greater Noida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Guys, a bit off-topic(Mods can move the post to proper thread, if any) : When will be the Auto Expo in 2013? Usual time in January 2nd week or dates will be announced only later? Heard back in '12 Expo that '13's expo may get delayed to January end or February. Is that true ?
Umm.....My friend! You're wrong here. Auto Expo generally happen after 2 years. So, The next Auto Expo should be in 2014 and not 2013.

Coming back to thread, great news indeed! I went to the 2012 Expo and the crowd number was very high and also the infrastructure of Pragati Maidan wasn't upto the mark of Int'l Motor Shows. People were in such a hurry as if they had to catch some train! Just imagine, an Int'l motor show in India with the infrastructure disappointing! This strategy to shift the Expo venue to Noida is a good decision but Government must spend cash to build the infrastructure required for such shows in India. After all, this is the need of hour for Indian shows. I hope 2014 Expo sees some improvement in this department.

Indians pay a lot of taxes and in turn aren't provided the infrastructure which everyone aspires. Do you agree?

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
S@ndy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 22:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

I personally think (and hope I am wrong) is that it will change little. Yes the brochure collectors will be lesser, but our numbers are WAY too high - global fairs look EMPTY in comparison. Even in greater noida, there will be enough folks gatecrashing the party - though it should be lesser for sure. Let's see.
Old 15th November 2012, 22:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

No Metro connectivity is going to hamper the footfalls big time. And in the absence of public transport the organizers will have to ensure ample and convenient parking. Lets see...
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 13:51   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
No Metro connectivity is going to hamper the footfalls big time. And in the absence of public transport the organizers will have to ensure ample and convenient parking. Lets see...
I'm sure they'll try to have shuttle-buses from the closest public transport location to the place.

Even this year, they had a lot of systems in place (internal bus routes, etc) but pragati maidan was just bursting at the seams!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 14:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

The Expo area in Greater Noida has vast grounds available for parking.
Sure, without metro, expect lesser footfalls. Casual visitors will be much lesser, definitely.

Since this area is not a hub, expect less traffic chaos too. For example, F1 had well managed traffic this year, all thanks to wide roads and ample width of service lanes.
Old 16th November 2012, 15:15   #21
BHPian

I feel that 30%-40% footfalls could have been reduced at Pragati Maidan itself, by rationalizing the 'glamour-quotient' of the event. Might have been easier than shifting the venue.

A good percentage of the current crowd in general hours appears to be primarily interested in the models (not the automotive variety) and freebies.

Nevertheless, this is good planning from a longer term perspective
Old 16th November 2012, 18:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Since this area is not a hub, expect less traffic chaos too. For example, F1 had well managed traffic this year, all thanks to wide roads and ample width of service lanes.
F1 had Vodafone going gorilla on Airtel with DND free pass. I guess that wont be free for Autoexpo. Friends got stuck in traffic jams while on their way back. It might not be as bad as the current venue but if 60k F1 visitors can cause bottlenecks think of 200k visitors to GN if not 300k on a weekend.
Old 16th November 2012, 20:01   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r

F1 had Vodafone going gorilla on Airtel with DND free pass. I guess that wont be free for Autoexpo. Friends got stuck in traffic jams while on their way back. It might not be as bad as the current venue but if 60k F1 visitors can cause bottlenecks think of 200k visitors to GN if not 300k on a weekend.
Almost everybody and their uncle used the " media" pass because of the connectivity and distance to pragati maidan.
I for one don't believe the same to be willing to commute this distance, no matter what freebies lie on the route.
Plus, you've got to take into account the staggered entry and exit, rather than the mass entry and exodus of the race.

Last edited by mayankk : 16th November 2012 at 20:04.
Old 16th November 2012, 21:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk

Almost everybody and their uncle used the " media" pass because of the connectivity and distance to pragati maidan.
I for one don't believe the same to be willing to commute this distance, no matter what freebies lie on the route.
Plus, you've got to take into account the staggered entry and exit, rather than the mass entry and exodus of the race.
Yes, as I mentioned earlier, it's a good move. Execution still a bit sceptic about it. Cheers!
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks