Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2013, 20:09   #121
BHPian

re: VW Polo 1.6L GT TDI coming EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
I also Spotted the car near VW plant, i checked the Gearbox and it was Manual. looks wise overall car is same as GT TSI.
Well there you have it! Gearbox is manual. Although wishful thinking maybe we could expect both to launch within months of each other? ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Can you please PM the current OTR after all discounts on the high line diesel
Sorry Shashank, I overlooked this part, I don't seem to have PMs enabled since I'm a new member, not sure if I could post the prices on the main board.

Members?
Old 17th June 2013, 21:47   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefiu View Post
Well there you have it! Gearbox is manual. Although wishful thinking maybe we could expect both to launch within months of each other? ;]
I hope they do. If its a 105bhp car and is launching with a manual box I hope it will be priced less than 10.5, since i'm paying nearly 1.2l more than the regular highline for that engine and nothing else. A max of a lakh's premium is all i'm willing to pay irrespective of how great the car is.

Quote:
Sorry Shashank, I overlooked this part, I don't seem to have PMs enabled since I'm a new member, not sure if I could post the prices on the main board.

Members?
You can probably e-mail me using the emial option on my profile? I can't e-mail you either.I'm also looking out for the Polo 1.6TDI amongst many other cars, so we can stay in touch and may be negotiate for a good deal if we're buying at the sametime.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 17th June 2013 at 21:49.
Old 17th June 2013, 23:54   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Dude, have you driven the Polo GT TSI with DSG? I used to exactly think like you. But one TD and I was completely blown away. All myths shattered. The DSG is a revelation. I think this is the best combo for Polo GT TSI to truely unleash the potential of TSI engine, even better than having manual tranny. VW has done best for Polo GT TSI by mating it with DSG.
Haven't checked out Polo GT TSi yet but have experienced DSG in Passat 1.9 DSG. It felt awesome with slick & quick shifts adding to the thrill of the machine.

Will like to reserve my further comments till it Test Drive the one.
Old 18th June 2013, 00:24   #124
BHPian

As per my calculation from the VW India website, the weight difference between a Vento Diesel and Polo 1.2 diesel is 75 kgs. Assuming that that 1.6 liter 4 cylinder diesel would be a bit more heavier than the 1.2 liter 3 cylinder diesel, I'm not sure how much engine performance the GT TDI would gain over the Vento. Also seems like it's going to be a manual transmission, so basically it's just the customer's choice whether he/she would like to pay an additional 50/100k and get a boot.
Old 22nd June 2013, 12:38   #125
BHPian

Quote:
I hope it will be priced less than 10.5, since i'm paying nearly 1.2l more than the regular highline for that engine and nothing else. A max of a lakh's premium is all i'm willing to pay irrespective of how great the car is.

You can probably e-mail me using the emial option on my profile? I can't e-mail you either.I'm also looking out for the Polo 1.6TDI amongst many other cars, so we can stay in touch and may be negotiate for a good deal if we're buying at the same time.
Not sure if I'm allowed to do this, mods please edit if disallowed. I don't have the option to email either, I guess all these features will be enabled once I'm a permanent member.

GT TSI - 9.88 after discounts
1.2 TDI highline - 8.74. this is specifically for the metallic shadow blue. Not sure if they have an excess of this colour or if there's something else. I had test-driven the same colour - go figure :P

As per SA's email these offers are valid till 30th. Funny though even for the GT TSI the conditions say 7 day delivery period. Dunno if he just copy pasted or they actually have the cars now (no colour was mentioned either).

If the price difference between the highline petrol and the GT TSI are anything to go buy, we could see up to 2 lakh difference between the highline diesel and GT TDI, but if its just having a manual, then the difference should/could be reduced. There is also the consideration of higher tax due to the larger displacement.

Initially I was planning to purchase by next month, now I'm gonna be delaying till at least October to see how the pricing pans out and what of this GT TDI model. There should be some discounts during the Eid Al Adha / Diwali period.

My initial eagerness to purchase the car has fizzled down and now I'm just willing to wait and watch!
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:36   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Initially I was planning to purchase by next month, now I'm gonna be delaying till at least October to see how the pricing pans out and what of this GT TDI model. There should be some discounts during the Eid Al Adha / Diwali period.

My initial eagerness to purchase the car has fizzled down and now I'm just willing to wait and watch!
I feel they will not bring in that DSG here, but one cannot rule it out completely. I had a chat with the GM and he said they're still to get any test models of the GT TDI (generally done 3 months before launch), so the launch could be sometime in October/November though can't say anything certainly. It looks like the Cross Polo will launch forst followed by the GT TDI so we may have to wait quite a bit before the launch happens.
If the car has same features as the current highline and no DSG it would be slightly more than 10L OTR in bangalore
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:00   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

...so the launch could be sometime in October/November though can't say anything certainly. It looks like the Cross Polo will launch forst followed by the GT TDI so we m......
I spoke to a someone from VW who told me that if everything goes as per schedule then the GT TDi will launch in Oct followed by the Cross Polo in Dec and the Vento 1.4 Tsi in early 2014.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2013, 18:50   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
... Vento 1.4 Tsi in early 2014.
Nice, now will this be mated to a DSG Auto? Not sure. It might put the Jetta at a little disadvantage, but this is a niche only VW can quickly achieve. Need to pin this on the watch list.
Old 22nd June 2013, 23:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I spoke to a someone from VW who told me that if everything goes as per schedule then the GT TDi will launch in Oct followed by the Cross Polo in Dec and the Vento 1.4 Tsi in early 2014.
How sure are you about this? Also, will the engine be the same as in Vento ? I'm car-less as of now as I sold my Polo so looking for an upgrade What GM told me was they'll get the car in their workshop a month or so before launch
Old 23rd June 2013, 01:20   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How sure are you about this? Also, will the engine be the same as in Vento ? I'm car-less as of now as I sold my Polo so looking for an upgrade What GM told me was they'll get the car in their workshop a month or so before launch
The phrase 'if everything goes as per schedule' clearly indicates that even that person cannot be a 100% certain about the launch month. Yes although he did mention that it shall share the Vento's diesel heart.

He also mentioned that the Vento 1.4 TSi is under serious consideration and 'may' replace the 1.6 petrol motor by the first quarter of next year.

Last edited by S2!!! : 23rd June 2013 at 01:21.
Old 5th July 2013, 09:19   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd tweets (ACI).. It would be the Polo 1.5 TDI, Launch early 2014!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th July 2013 at 09:30.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 09:25   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hormazd tweets (ACI).. It would be a Polo 1.5 TDI, Launch early 2014!

Cheers!
The 1.5 TDI would not be eligible for any tax benefits right? Can we expect a realistic price point now?
Old 5th July 2013, 09:55   #133
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The 1.5 TDI would not be eligible for any tax benefits right? Can we expect a realistic price point now?
1.5 TDi will be eligible for tax benefits. Isn't that the sole reason why they are downsizing from Vento's 1.6?

Petrol - 1.2 L max.
Diesel - 1.5 L max.
Overall length excluding spare wheel - 4m.
Old 5th July 2013, 10:15   #134
BHPian

coming from " Hormazd "we can be sure I guess .
I think they are going to replace the 1.2 TDI with the 1.5 , that will take care of the turbo lag and the cry for more power .
In that case will they plonk in the DSG coupled with the 1.5 and offer us a GT TDI ?
Old 5th July 2013, 10:24   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
In that case will they plonk in the DSG coupled with the 1.5 and offer us a GT TDI ?
This would be a highly speculative option. Don't think so they would offer this variant.

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks