Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2014, 12:13   #1531
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Is that 'Active' variant written on the boot? If so, it's a good thing to see rear washer/wiper/defogger even on the base variant.
This is definitely not the active. It must definitely be the top end variant given the amount of chrome on the front and rear bumpers , the music system, the automatic climate control and "blue and me" buttons seen in the shot of the interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Yeah. The font for Punto definitely looks like the same on the Evo version in Europe. The variant in the picture is not 'Active', it looks more like 90HP in italics to me. I had the same decal on my car initially, this looks very similar.
But the current 90HP has red stitching on the steering and the gear knob whereas this doesn't have it. To me it looks like the badge says "evo"!

As felt by others here, the front doesn't look as good as the outgoing one, but the interior surely makes up for it.
I am in the market for a luxury hatchback that handles well and have been waiting for this facelift for a while now.
Though i wish I could extend my budget and get the new fiesta titanium, it looks like this would most likely be my next car!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 12:18   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;3470157

Exclusive spyshots of the new Punto facelift. (Punto Evo it seems?)
Source : Team Fiat MotoClub
Awesome update Sagz.

Thank you for sharing the same. I think the design of Punto deserves such 'Sporty' colours at least, if not anything more.

Quote:

Looks quite good I must say. Now I am waiting to get those tail lamps as spare parts and retrofit them onto my Punto .

On the facelift itself, I personally didn't like the new front face bit. It is a huge departure from the beautiful rounded, flowing lines of the previous version.
I totally agree with you Karthik. May be the snaps don't tell the entire story, but I already have a feeling that the current Punto will still remain the most beautiful hatch in India.

OT - Karthik you should stop waiting for 'Spare' parts and 'Spare' some time for others too, like the update on your Essassee bro . Its been long due now.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 4th July 2014 at 12:20.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 12:45   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Not Punto Evo. Not Punto 2012 either. The rear lights look like the Punto 2012, but the front looks like no Punto yet released elsewhere.
I meant the badging.Not the looks.
The badge says 'EVO 90HP'
Old 4th July 2014, 13:15   #1534
BHPian

Aah!! That Punto looks simply smashing. While I own and love the current Punto for its fine Italian artistic design, this Punto is more like an Hollywood action entertainer.

Well, Fiat has waken up and have been making all the right moves within their limited cards after splitting from Tata. That gentleman Mr. Nagesh not only talks well, but seems to be executing his plans well too. Some bright days ahead for Fiat!
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:43   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Two observations:
1) Wrong placement of the Fiat emblem on the front, it was better looking on the grill
2) Rotary air vents (side) instad of the fixed ones type. Hope the quailty of these to be improved a lot from the earlier fragile ones.

As Karthik said, the existing Punto Front looks are way far better than the new ones. Rear washer/wiper+ defogger in base variant is a huge welcome change. It all will now boil down to the pricing, if they get it right it might bring some relief to Fiat.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 13:57   #1536
Senior - BHPian

Agree with most of you, prefer the front of existing Punto, rear is almost same except for new Tail-lamp and chrome at the bumper.
The new interiors (resembling facelifted Linea) looks good! Pricing will be at par with existing Punto & maybe revised up by 10 - 20k.
finneyp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 14:07   #1537
BHPian

Looks a stunner

I am in the market for a sub-10 lakhs hatch/crossover/pseudo/compact sedan with a good engine that drives & handles well and the options are fantastic over the next 3 months.
  • New Punto
  • Ecosport
  • Zest / Bolt
  • New Polo

Tough decision to make, but great situation to be in
Old 4th July 2014, 14:12   #1538
BHPian

Now thats a better facelift than that of the Linea is what I would say. The exteriors may not look as clean as current Puntos but I am sure it will appeal to a larger audience. Although I love both the current and new Puntos front end I have come across many people who hate it and says the front of the old Punto looks similar to a Lizard. This should appeal to the masses with the chrome and other stuff. And the interiors despite being black looks classy and even better than the beige on the new Linea at least in the pics. And what about the alloys? Are they 15 or 16 inchers? Also giving a matt black vinyl wrap on the big chrome slat in the front grill should make this car a lot more sporty. Just tried my luck with paint and its not bad. Somehow chrome grills on hatchback doesnt go well for me. I had wrapped the chrome grill on my Polo too with matt black vinyl and it did make a difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-puntoedit.jpg  

SUPERSPORT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 14:20   #1539
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh no, My car has lost two of its unique things -the tail lamps and the indicator mirrors.
But no worries, I still have the alloys

Quote:
Looks quite good I must say. Now I am waiting to get those tail lamps as spare parts and retrofit them onto my Punto
What other parts can "we" retrofit?

Quote:
On the facelift itself, I personally didn't like the new front face bit. It is a huge departure from the beautiful rounded, flowing lines of the previous version.
+1, this looks like a huge sea fish with its mouth wide open

Quote:
That said, the interiors are
definitely looking better than the bathroom grade plastics of the outgoing version. The cockpit looks once again very similar to the new Linea's design, albeit with matte black instead of beige.
Yes, the black looks far better than the beige

Quote:
Seems like the grille has lost the 'Multijet' badge. I wonder if Fiat plans to hide the engine information.
With just a badging in the front, it was already difficult for people to make out the fuel type in the current Punto. with no badging, only the sound (if closeby) or the tailpipe (if you are behind) can tell the story.

Quote:
The font used to write 'Punto' is same as the one on European Punto Evo, right?
I somehow feel its not the font style on the evo. I think its the same the the one on the current punto

Quote:
Is that 'Active' variant written on the boot? If so, it's a good thing to see rear washer/wiper/defogger even on the base variant.
That word looks like "active". But Other photos show chrome on the rear bumper, front bumper, 90HP, climate control AC, leather gear knob, leather steering cover, steering controls; Which is misleading.

I initially thought it might be from different cars, but 90HP active!!! It would be interesting to see the final outcome

Or maybe its not active at all and some kind of engine badging-VGT or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Two observations:
1) Wrong placement of the Fiat emblem on the front, it was better looking on the grill
+1, The logo looked so good on the grill

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 4th July 2014 at 14:21.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 14:48   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
With just a badging in the front, it was already difficult for people to make out the fuel type in the current Punto. with no badging, only the sound (if closeby) or the tailpipe (if you are behind) can tell the story.
I think T-jet or Multijet badging will be there on both sides just below the A piller. Badging will replace the present side indicators like in facelift Linea.
mnvvishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 14:57   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
this looks like a huge sea fish with its mouth wide open

I somehow feel its not the font style on the evo. I think its the same the the one on the current punto

Or maybe its not active at all and some kind of engine badging-VGT or something like that
Blacken those chrome strips on the fog lamp housings and give the car the medium grey colour; that would look like a mini Maserati!! The bumper design resembles Maserati.

Font style is exactly the same as that on Punto Evo; it was revealed in an earlier spy shot.

It is not an 'active' badge. I think it reads EVO.
Old 4th July 2014, 15:02   #1542
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
I think T-jet or Multijet badging will be there on both sides just below the A piller. Badging will replace the present side indicators like in facelift Linea.
I guess you are talking about the Multijet/Tjet badge on the fender
Take a closer look at the pictures, this Punto seems to have eliminated that too.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 15:24   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
Unlike Linea, Punto gets all new body panels at the front. So they have eliminated the indicator slots
Old 4th July 2014, 16:00   #1544
BHPian

Looks stunning in that color option! There was a discussion few days back on sunroof being visible on the Punto in the new ads currently on air. Doesn't look like the case in the production versions . While not entirely clear, a provision for sunroof is indeed visible in the new ads. Would be great if that is provided at least as an option.
Old 4th July 2014, 16:19   #1545
Team-BHP Support

Also, why on earth are they switching to bonnet-style washers?? Those are so passe and outdated now! Moreover, they stick out like a sore thumb on the bonnet . The previous version of washers on the plastic panel above the wipers suited the car much better, me thinks.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed