Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 14:14   #1726
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Something we all missed maybe? Is this a clue for the T-Jet?
What if that's a reference to Multijet?

IMO, T-Jet should have been brought on the Evo.
Abarth should get the 1.4 Multi Air.

I personally liked the job Fiat has done on the exteriors and interiors barring some portions of the overly done bling makeup. The facelift really deserves the TurboJet.
Old 25th July 2014, 19:30   #1727
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Fiat will launch Punto Evo on 5th August.

Source:ET
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2014, 23:51   #1728
BHPian

When a superb and Octavia can share a common engine , why couldn't the fiat do the same ? A linea and punto with T-jet .
swathyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 02:14   #1729
BHPian

I wonder what is stopping them from launching the AMTs and the automatics? They pretty much invented the AMT box, right?
Old 26th July 2014, 09:54   #1730
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I wonder what is stopping them from launching the AMTs and the automatics? They pretty much invented the AMT box, right?
Market for Fiat = small. Market for AMT = small. Market for Fiat+AMT would, I expect, be quite negligible. Plus AMT never became popular in Europe.
Old 26th July 2014, 10:41   #1731
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Market for Fiat = small. Market for AMT = small. Market for Fiat+AMT would, I expect, be quite negligible. Plus AMT never became popular in Europe.
Logic is great. But if we look back, what works there never works here. The best example is VAG group cars. they sell there but not here. Reason aside.

Fiat should try as much as they can. They will find a cracker at some point. Probably, till then they might end up having couple of duds in their portfolio. But if they stop trying, they are dead at that point itself. GM tried it, but cracked the market with Tavera and some with spark. However they couldn't retain the heat. I am confident that FIAT will be able to hold on, if such scenario comes.

Realistically speaking, they never had Duds in their portfolio, however market perceived otherwise. Damn!

Last edited by gemi_kk : 26th July 2014 at 10:43.
  (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 10:54   #1732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Your "logical" explanation can also be interpreted the other way.
Market for Fiat = small. Market for AMT = small. Market for Fiat+AMT= market for fiat + market for amt= quite significant

It doesn't matter if they are popular in Europe or not, AMTs are becoming really popular in India and Fiat have one of the better AMT technologies in the world.

Last edited by Marauder : 26th July 2014 at 10:55.
Old 26th July 2014, 12:23   #1733

The new headlamp design on 2014 Fiat Punto adds so much of awesomeness to the car. I was never a fan of the old Punto, but I am totally floored by the new version. Eagerly waiting to get my hands on this beauty!
Old 26th July 2014, 18:21   #1734
BHPian

Autocar have uploaded their first drive video. The car looks smashing in red colour. The all black interiors of the 'Sport' variant look very nice. The dull engines get a mention in the video too as expected.

theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 11:44   #1735
Lij
BHPian

The Punto Evo looks refreshing in the red. The interiors also look brilliant, similar to the Linea. Unfortunately no T-Jet, but would like to see if there is any change in performance for 1.4l petrol.
Eagerly awaiting the drive report of T-BHP
Old 27th July 2014, 12:16   #1736
BHPian

Looks really awesome. Fiat knows how to use chrome without being garish. Pity the engines still lack the zing because otherwise its a brilliant car
Old 27th July 2014, 14:31   #1737
BHPian

Looks Amazing!!!
Want to buy one in red as soon as possible.

Does anyone know which engine is faster- the petrol 1.4 or the 90hp diesel?
Old 27th July 2014, 15:27   #1738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Looks Amazing!!!
Want to buy one in red as soon as possible.

Does anyone know which engine is faster- the petrol 1.4 or the 90hp diesel?

Petrol 1.4 is decent around city but low FE, 90 HP has turbo lag so it's not so great in city but far better on highways. Take a test drive of both & decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 18:05   #1739
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Shootout between the Punto Evo, Polo & the Swift by Motorbeam.

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/volksw...wift-shootout/
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 18:46   #1740
BHPian

If I am not accused of comparing apples and oranges, what would make a better buy- the Punto Evo 90HP or the Polo 1.5TDI?

Most Viewed