Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 09:24   #1891
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
But yes - all said and done - Atleast they should have offered a Tjet variant considering the falling petrol prices. Anyways the 1.4 NA variant doesn't get tax soaps compared to TJet.
The Tjet too does not get tax sops as the engine capacity is over 1200cc.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:04   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Please see the video review. Its much better and lot more positive. If you can live with the sluggishness and not so roomy rear then Avventura is a thing to watch out for.
I have seen the review. End of the day for me what matters is whether its good to drive or not. It is meant to be a soft roader and if the performance is sluggish like our Punto, it will be a pain driving it in city as well as highways.

Anyways lets hope that people do like it and it sells well. I have nothing against it !
Old 9th September 2014, 11:21   #1893
BHPian

To me it looks like a proper softroader.Something which can do manali-leh drive with no fuss. I will be happy if it can somehow muster a sale of 1k plus every month.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:22   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Does the additional 90kilos make the Avventura car heavier than the Linea T Jet? If it does, then even a T Jet won't work. What this car needs is a bigger diesel engine. I won't bother with a petrol motor under the good of a Avventura.

Waiting to see this car in the flesh. Looks really good.
Old 9th September 2014, 11:29   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Does the additional 90kilos make the Avventura car heavier than the Linea T Jet? If it does, then even a T Jet won't work. What this car needs is a bigger diesel engine. I won't bother with a petrol motor under the good of a Avventura.

Waiting to see this car in the flesh. Looks really good.
Its just ~60 kgs heavier than Punto Evo, right there in linea trajectory.
Old 9th September 2014, 12:03   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
90HP is just not happening for this car ! Period !
For Avventura, with its increased weight and support system to carry additional weight, Fiat has to either increase the torque output by a considerable margin or put in the latest gearbox(which I think is not possible for the current numbers Fiat is selling).

The current Punto(diesel) is almost undrivable on Masinagudi-Ooty Ghat road. For any newbie driving on this section, the Punto can literally wrack his nerves and freak him out.

If I'm on the market, I'm just not going to consider the Avventura, considering it's been designed and positioned as an life style vehicle. I feel the engine is just not going to give support to that claim.

Probably Fiat might have tuned the Avventura accordingly, a TD will tell.

I'm expecting the Linea state of tune with considerable improvement in low end torque delivery, but I'm not too sure about a positive result, because there is only so much that 1.3MJD with that lousy gearbox can do.

Though the car looks very good, the heart of the matter looks very weak.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 9th September 2014 at 12:11.
Old 11th September 2014, 10:41   #1897
Team-BHP Support

Fiat has started accepting bookings for the Avventura.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Fiat's India strategy revealed-avventura.jpg
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 12:15   #1898
Senior - BHPian

I've come to know through a sales executive that 22nd September is the launch date. Also there is going to be quite a premium over Punto.
Old 11th September 2014, 12:28   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Related sections on the website up and running as well now
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-screencapturewwwfiatindiacom2014avventura.jpg  

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 13:10   #1900
BHPian

So, the Fiat website claims to offer 4 different models. But really speaking there are just two cars but in slightly different skins and variants. But it is possible that car buying public will fall for this trick and buy few more cars with Fiat badges. It remains to be seen if Fiat is lucky enough.
Old 11th September 2014, 22:02   #1901
BHPian

It seems Avventura training is going on currently and I have photos of the production model. I wish this gorgeous color was available on the punto evo anyway, here they are:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-1410453053623.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1410453076561.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1410453094007.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1410453112163.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1410453130417.jpg  

Last edited by Shanksta : 11th September 2014 at 22:05.
Shanksta is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 02:33   #1902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, the Fiat website claims to offer 4 different models. But really speaking there are just two cars but in slightly different skins and variants.
Volkswagen India website lists the following models -

1. The new Polo
2. Polo GT TSi
3. Polo GT TDi
4. Cross Polo.

5. Vento
6. Vento TSi
7. The Vento Konekt.

They claim to have 7 different models - but in reality they also have just two cars (Discounting Jetta). FIAT is just claiming only 4 models from 2 cars. 'Swalpa adjust maadi sir'
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 09:58   #1903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, the Fiat website claims to offer 4 different models. But really speaking there are just two cars...
Things would bright if you use the correct term (IMHO): "platforms" instead of "cars".

+1 to Crazy...

Also look at MSIL (the Swift, Ritz and Ertiga sharing the same platform) and Toyota (Etios, Liva and the new Cross).

Also what would you think about Porsche then?
Old 12th September 2014, 19:21   #1904
Distinguished - BHPian

IndianHoods.com has scooped out the Avventura introductory brochure, which lists the details of features and color shades on offer.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventurabrochure.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventurabodycolors.jpg

In addition, they have exclusive info that the Avventura will be launched in 3 diesel & 2 petrol variants.

Quote:
Fiat will launch the Avventura in 3 diesel variants – Active, Dynamic and Emotion – while the petrol engine will be available only in entry and middle-level trims.

The exterior design and fitment on all the variants will remain same that means 16-inch alloy wheels, beefy body cladding, body-colored ORVMs and door handles, electric compass and tilt meter, along with usable roof rack that has a pay load capacity of upto 100 kg will be loaded as standard fitments throughout the range. One more interesting bit about the Avventura is its spare wheel will also have an alloy rim, unlike its competitors those offer steel rim instead.

However, inside, the basic trim will come loaded with basic features like front power-windows, power steering, remote central-locking and rear parcel tray. The Dynamic will get additional equipments like audio system with multi connectivity options, rear-power windows, fabric insert on door trim and door arm-rest, electrically adjustable ORVMs, height adjustable driver seat and anti-lock braking system with EBD as well.

Then the top-of-the-line Emotion variant (not available in petrol) flaunt a plethora of high-end features including audio controls on steering wheel, dual stage front airbags, 3- Point ELR seat belts with pre-tensioner and load limiters, rear wiper and defogger, auto climate control with rear-ac vents and read out and voice recognition along with more cake and ale.
SOURCE - Indian Hoods & Indian Hoods

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th September 2014 at 19:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 13:40   #1905
BHPian

Guys!! just got info that the Avventura will be priced lower than the new Linea. Also the top-end diesel wouldn't cost more than roughly 8.5L ex-showroom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks