Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 20:32   #1921
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

The Fiat Avventura Youtube ad - "Live Alive".

Old 15th September 2014, 20:54   #1922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This colour is called Bronzo Scuro.

That is how it looks on my Jet+ Ciao
The color looks smashing on the tjet.
I had seen one when I was looking for a used tjet. Unfortunately it was sold before I could start the negotiations. Hope Fiat brings back this color.
Old 15th September 2014, 22:29   #1923
BHPian

Stupid question, if the spare wheel arm is not locked properly will it be swinging around while accelerating? That would be dangerous on Indian roads where vehicles drive very close to each other. Hope there is some safety feature added to it.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:41   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
Stupid question, if the spare wheel arm is not locked properly will it be swinging around while accelerating? That would be dangerous on Indian roads where vehicles drive very close to each other. Hope there is some safety feature added to it.
No question related to safety is stupid

Hopefully, there will be a warning similar to door-open warning. How does it work in other Indian cars with swing-arms (I can only think of Sumo, which had no warning I believe)?
Old 16th September 2014, 12:04   #1925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post

"Bronzo Scuro"...sounds exotic. Checked out Google translate and it means "Dark Brown" in Italian! Isn't it amazing how *everything* sounds better in Italian!

Your T-Jet looks great by the side of an expressway.
You are right. In fact, the words ending with 'O' always sound good especially for names of cars and Italian language has many such words ending with 'O'.

Linea (Sounds good). Line (sounds pretty normal)
Punto (I love the sound the word makes). Point (sounds cheap)
Bronzo Scuro (Premium). Dark brown(normal)
Vespa (feels good). Wasp (sounds ok ok)
Avventura (sporty). Adventure(Nothing new)
Palio-Prize (Doesn't suit a car)
Uno-One

Mahindra&Mahindra have now made it a rule that their cars should end with the letter 'O' and hence they changed the name of Logan and Reva just for this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim_peter View Post
Good question actually. But Since Punto and Linea always had this door ajar warning for the 5 doors, I'm pretty sure they would have put this for the 6th 'door' as well. If they have missed it, it would be bad and risky too

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 16th September 2014 at 12:08.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 21:55   #1926
BHPian

Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep coming. More inside!

Got a call from the fiat dealer in Mumbai as I had enquired for an abarth 500 6 months ago. He told me car is launching next month and expected in the range of 30 lacs.

Will fiat be able to sell for such a steep price ? I hope better sense prevails and price is lower.
Old 16th September 2014, 22:46   #1927
Senior - BHPian

30 Lakhs I was hoping for something like a 19-20 OTR Dilli. Will talk to the dealers here and if this is correct, its' time for plan B i.e. to book a Polo TSi AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Got a call from the fiat dealer in Mumbai as I had enquired for an abarth 500 6 months ago. He told me car is launching next month and expected in the range of 30 lacs.

Will fiat be able to sell for such a steep price ? I hope better sense prevails and price is lower.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 01:35   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Linea (Sounds good). Line (sounds pretty normal)
Punto (I love the sound the word makes). Point (sounds cheap)
I was going to quote the same examples in response to Vipul Another current Fiat car that has a geometrical name is the boxy Cubo (meaning Cube) written as Qubo.
Old 17th September 2014, 08:56   #1929
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
This colour is called Bronzo Scuro. This was exclusive to the TJet+ was available only in the first edition and is now seen on the Aventura.
Its called Bronzo Tan now, and looks a shade darker than the Bronzo Scuro on the Linea TJet. Would have preferred the old Bronzo Scuro given a choice.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:57   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post

If i am not wrong, the localization for the Abarth 500 will begin only in 2015. So the price range can be expected to reduce then !
Old 17th September 2014, 10:13   #1931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
If i am not wrong, the localization for the Abarth 500 will begin only in 2015. So the price range can be expected to reduce then !
I thought Abarth 500 will always be CBU, meant for building Abarth brand. On the other hand, it will be Abarth Punto that will be made locally. No?
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 11:25   #1932
BHPian

My wife and I go crazy about the Chrysler 300, so crazy that my wife waited in the Taxi rank in Amsterdam till she got a Chrysler 300 and then hopped into it :-).
If it's CBU that Fiat and Chrysler sell in India, would there be possibilities of a model like 300 being sold in India. If models like Jaguar XF etc(for their size) can sell in India so can 300. It's got amazing road presence and space for a luxury segment car.
Old 17th September 2014, 11:51   #1933
Senior - BHPian

Neither Fiat nor Chrysler have the brand equity here to make people bring out their cheque books. In the full size executive sedan segment only the three Germans are able to sell. Unfortunately here for all our enthusiasm about looks, handling, feel and what not ultimately the only thing that sell are Kitna deti hai? Resale hai kya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatro View Post
If models like Jaguar XF etc(for their size) can sell in India so can 300. It's got amazing road presence and space for a luxury segment car.
Old 18th September 2014, 21:15   #1934
BHPian

A little birdy just informed that Fiat is mulling over introducing AMT variants on Punto and Linea. Market research might start soon (after the festive period) and if they are convinced about the interest level (potential market size), then they might "make the move". Let's hope the respondents echo what we all feel and Fiat decides to make the move.

Btw, I don't think Chrysler badge would have the same baggage of negative emotions that Fiat has. Chrysler 300 looks and feels very premium. I remember paying a premium for Chrysler 300 every time I took a taxi in Philadelphia. It might have a market here especially in fleet of Luxury hotels.
Biraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 19:19   #1935
BHPian

Who is looking more beautiful :-) ?
Attached Images

Most Viewed