Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 19:23   #1981
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Zest does not get 16 inch alloys in 'All its variants' like the Avventura.
My point - Even Zest has alloys in all its variants. Not specifically comparing the size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Is this really so? Can someone elaborate this further since none of my cars which we have had over the years ever had alloy wheels on them !
+1. Even I am intrigued. Might get aftermarket ones if they really enhance safety of a car.
Old 8th October 2014, 22:46   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1. Even I am intrigued. Might get aftermarket ones if they really enhance safety of a car.
Is it true? Oh..my god.. I think as enthusiasts, we should consider buying cars only with alloy wheels, since they provide better safety compared to cars with steel rims (mostly bought by the "common man"). We should also try to see the optimum speed at which the alloys kick off the safety mechanism.

If the spec provided is true, thoroughly disappointed by the lack of basic safety features in the lower variants - which would have attracted a plethora of criticism if this was done by any other manufacturer. And it is just comic to see the addition of spunky features like alloys getting hailed as "segment first" and safety oriented.
Old 8th October 2014, 23:11   #1983
BHPian

Generally speaking,

Increasing spares availability of ALL models including the ones stopped long back, would go a long way in building confidence of existing Fiatians. This should be a KEY priority in their multi-pronged strategy.
Improving the present visibility should be another priority...

I guess these are 'basics'. But they seem to be lost /overlooked somehow...
Old 9th October 2014, 00:01   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Is it true? Oh..my god.. I think as enthusiasts, we should consider buying cars only with alloy wheels, since they provide better safety compared to cars with steel rims (mostly bought by the "common man"). We should also try to see the optimum speed at which the alloys kick off the safety mechanism.

If the spec provided is true, thoroughly disappointed by the lack of basic safety features in the lower variants - which would have attracted a plethora of criticism if this was done by any other manufacturer. And it is just comic to see the addition of spunky features like alloys getting hailed as "segment first" and safety oriented.

Erm.. I wouldn't associate alloy wheels to a safety feature directly. As far as my knowledge goes, Alloy wheels are mainly used to reduce the unsprung masses in the car, which definitely does have a profound effect on the ride and handling of the vehicle. However, the driver having the capability or even the chance to use it in a accident related scenario is completely ambiguous and cannot be given as an advantage or as a disadvantage. Hope this helps!

Arvind
Old 9th October 2014, 15:23   #1985
BHPian

With some reading on the net and one of the threads on t-bhp (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...oy-wheels.html), its not too difficult to realize benefits provided by alloys largely contribute to make the car/driving safer.

If Fiat had ignored the safety features (ABS/Airbags) in middle/upper variants I would have been worried. There may be a handful of cars in market that provide ABS/Airbags as standard, excellent!, still, you will always find someone who will say, BS!, please save me another 40/50K give me a barebone base variant.

Bottomline:- No matter what one does, its not very hard to find critics. Blame it on natural human tendency to criticize than appreciate.

The fact that one would get 16" signature OEM alloys as standard across all variants sounds exciting to me. If one wants additional safety he can go up the notch.

Guys, That's me!
Autocop is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 12:07   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
With some reading on the net and one of the threads on t-bhp (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...oy-wheels.html), its not too difficult to realize benefits provided by alloys largely contribute to make the car/driving safer.

If Fiat had ignored the safety features (ABS/Airbags) in middle/upper variants I would have been worried. There may be a handful of cars in market that provide ABS/Airbags as standard, excellent!, still, you will always find someone who will say, BS!, please save me another 40/50K give me a barebone base variant.

Bottomline:- No matter what one does, its not very hard to find critics. Blame it on natural human tendency to criticize than appreciate.

The fact that one would get 16" signature OEM alloys as standard across all variants sounds exciting to me. If one wants additional safety he can go up the notch.

Guys, That's me!
I somehow don't understand. Yes, alloy wheels contribute to better handling/control but the real effect can not be that much.

Also, I would totally prefer the equation wherein ABS n 2 Airbags are standard across the variants, or at least except one base variant, but alloys offered in the toppest or top 2 variants. What I mean to say is that ABS and Airbags are life saving mechanisms. ABS help prevent a situation and Airbags save your body to collide with other stuff in the car, to save you in case of an accident.

Also, as far as better handling is considered, a Ford with steel wheels would be in more control than a Hyundai with their diamond cut alloys. Handling/control are more an attribute of suspension, steering and other such aspects more than the alloys. To sum it up, alloys contribute towards dynamics, but too less to be considered as something which contribute towards safety.
Old 16th October 2014, 01:59   #1987
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Avventura vs Ford EcoSport – Shootout

Read more at http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/fiat-a...TEckhKXLTLg.99

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventuravsfordecosportreview.jpg

Avventura is small but the character matters

Image courtesy - motorbeam.com

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 09:45   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Avventura is small but the character matters

Cheers!

Vinu
Thank you Vinu for sharing this article.

But from where I see it, Neither Fiat nor Aventura really have anything to brag about here against Ford or Ecosport.

Neither is Aventura Bigger, Faster or More Frugal. Yes dynamics matter but I am quite sure Ecosport is not too far behind in this category.

So experts, other than for just being a Fiat Fanatic, can somebody give me One Good Reason why one should buy Aventura over Ecosport ??

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th October 2014 at 09:47.
Old 16th October 2014, 10:17   #1989
Team-BHP Support

Fiat could launch the 500 Abarth in November.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 10:28   #1990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
So experts, other than for just being a Fiat Fanatic, can somebody give me One Good Reason why one should buy Aventura over Ecosport ??
Vik0728, First of all, I feel that Avventura should not be compared to the Ecosport at all. Ecosport has only Duster as its competition and Polo cross, Etios cross and Avventura are in one league IMO. However, the motorbeam article (Quoted below) has put the verdict nicely IMO.

As the article says, "its a good alternative to the Ecosport" - and a lot better one at that compared to the other two so-called "cross" cars. But it fares better than the Ecosport in very few areas; In areas that the mass market is not too keen about and hence I predict that the numbers will be again very low as with the other fiats today.

Quote:
Verdict – Between the Ford EcoSport and Fiat Avventura, both cars excel in various parameters. The EcoSport wins the interiors and performance rounds while the Avventura wins the exteriors and dynamics rounds. As an overall vehicle though, the EcoSport just manages to be better as it’s a more complete package and more convincing as a compact crossover/SUV. Fiat will price the Avventura aggressively, offering it for much cheaper than the EcoSport. Yes the Avventura is the more desirable car here and considering it will offer a lot of value, we finally have a genuine alternative to the popular EcoSport.

The Fiat Avventura is a very appealing car with sharp dynamics and a splendid ride quality, it’s only let down by its engines which don’t have the same punch as the competition. The EcoSport is the better car but the Avventura is a splendid effort which makes for an excellent alternative to the Blue Oval.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 10:43   #1991
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Vik0728, First of all, I feel that Avventura should not be compared to the Ecosport at all. Ecosport has only Duster as its competition and Polo cross, Etios cross and Avventura are in one league IMO.
Perfect Hemanth, agree completely with you on that.

Please correct me if I am wrong here but Aventura's dimension actually puts it squarely in Ecosport territory, if not Duster's. It is probably the 'True Cross-over' among the currently available options.

I am not trying to pin down Fiat here, but I just cannot reason out why they could not put the 1.4 T-Jet on Aventua alone. With the predictions from experts, Aventura will not sell anything close to 'Hot Cake' sort.

Then why not give something exquisite to Aventura, like a 1.4 Tjet, especially with Fuel prices going towards de-regulation.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th October 2014 at 10:45.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:08   #1992
BHPian

Motorbeam has very clearly mentioned that Avventura can be a very good alternative to Ford Ecosport and it makes sense too. Suddenly now people starts discussing how one vehicle is better than the other - as one can see both the vehicles have its own forte and this debate will never end. We, teamBHP members should show little bit more maturity than those outside - we know the strength of these cars in and out and better than many other customers outside. Cool down guys - it is FIATs modest attempt to introduce a true crossover - who ever likes, please go buy it.
vinodvayyat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 11:28   #1993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I am not trying to pin down Fiat here, but I just cannot reason out why they could not put the 1.4 T-Jet on Aventua alone. With the predictions from experts, Aventura will not sell anything close to 'Hot Cake' sort.

Then why not give something exquisite to Aventura, like a 1.4 Tjet, especially with Fuel prices going towards de-regulation.
If you ask me why sun rises from the east and not from the west, I can probably find an answer and tell you but I can't answer this
Seriously, no one has an answer to this question. When it come to this topic, Fiat has let down the best of its fans too IMO.

But even then I feel, a Tjet Punto/Avventura wouldn't have made a big change in the sales numbers apart from, maybe, a differnt picture in your TBHP avatar

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 16th October 2014 at 11:29.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 11:57   #1994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Vik0728, First of all, I feel that Avventura should not be compared to the Ecosport at all. Ecosport has only Duster as its competition and Polo cross, Etios cross and Avventura are in one league IMO. However, the motorbeam article (Quoted below) has put the verdict nicely IMO.
Actually Ecosport shouldn't be compared with Duster.

Ecosport and Avventura are very much comparable in my opinion. Quickly went through the dimensions of these cars. And also considering both cars are spec'ed with similar power (Diesel), they are very much comparable.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-compare.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 12:16   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Went back a little more than a month on this thread to see if the video had been posted earlier , did not find it hence posting for anyone who might be interested.

Autocar First drive

puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks