Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 20:28   #211
BHPian

Do we know any specific launch dates for the Abarth remaps? Is this from a public source of information? I will write to Fiat tomorrow to check about the details.
Old 8th February 2013, 09:37   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Do we know any specific launch dates for the Abarth remaps? Is this from a public source of information? I will write to Fiat tomorrow to check about the details.
The Abarth Punto itself is rumoured sometime in Q3 post June 2013. However, not really sure with the launch date of the Abarth Performance Kits.
Old 8th February 2013, 10:26   #213
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Got news from some fiat guys. Punto Abarth will be locally made thus benefiting the company to place a competitive price. It might be placed in 10 to 15 lakhs. Also the abarth version will feature its 1.4 Tjet engine which will crank 165hp. Also for better handling it will have new suspension and braking system.
Also there might be exclusive Abarth showrooms to launch the new Fiat brand in India.

I have one question... Will ever the Multi-air technology come in India, how does it differ from Fords Ecoboost engine. I think both the technologies are similar but with different names. Please help me......
Old 8th February 2013, 11:37   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujay bhandare View Post
I have one question... Will ever the Multi-air technology come in India, how does it differ from Fords Ecoboost engine. I think both the technologies are similar but with different names. Please help me......
Ecoboost is always turbocharged (as of now). Multiair engines without turbocharger exist too.

Multiair does not make sense in India. Its production costs are high. Also, apparently it is a pain to drive the 875cc Multiair engine in crawling traffic. Its peak power supposedly comes at higher RPMs. It might work in the streamlined traffic in Europe, but Indian traffic conditions are quite different!
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:56   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep line up spotted in India!

Quote:
The first Jeep product to hit our shores will be the iconic Wrangler.
The next Jeep model seen in the spy picture is the Grand Cherokee(Codenamed WK2).
Initially, both the Wrangler and the Grand Cherokee will be offered as CBUs.
There are two more models in the pipeline for Jeep in India. The first of these is a B-segment SUV that could share underpinnings with the upcoming Fiat SUV and the second is a C-segment offering that might be based on the Jeep Compass – currently the smallest model in the Jeep global lineup.
http://www.autocarindia.com/News/331...p-spotted.aspx
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 13:01   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jeep line up spotted in India!..
Adding the spy shot from ACI.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeep.jpg

Copyright - Original uploader.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 17:51   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Spotting these test mules, should give us an idea of when this would be launched.

I expect Fiat to launch these in the next 6 months.
Old 11th February 2013, 18:16   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Some interesting scoop news from a rather trustworthy source: Fiat plans to launch Abarth performance kits for Punto sometime in late 2013.

Can you please confirm if this is just a verbal/rumor as some of the people on another forum were unable to validate this. they said it is a rumor. Can you share the official mail from Fiat, if any?
Old 11th February 2013, 18:30   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can you please confirm if this is just a verbal/rumor as some of the people on another forum were unable to validate this. they said it is a rumor. Can you share the official mail from Fiat, if any?
Like I mentioned before, I cannot give confirmation on behalf of someone else. It was told to me by a trusted source who is part of a Fiat dealership in Bangalore, and he did mention that performance kits would probably make it to the market before the full blown Abarth cars start getting sold. This was from a brand building exercise perspective with current owners, before they go all guns blazing with Abarth car showrooms.

Not sure how the other forum invalidates something by hearsay, but the source who told me about the performance kits option was definitely aware of it because Fiat has told dealers about the kits. There is no official confirmation, which was why I had phrased my words carefully when I mentioned about the scoop .

Slightly OT, but me or you contacting Fiat directly may not fetch direct replies. Why will they directly confirm such confidential roadmap information over simple emails, if their plan is later in Q3 or thereabouts? As of now, everything remains a speculation until launch date approaches, as is the case with every car launch. I will update the thread if I hear of any new development.

P.S - even I am holding on to my plan of plonking a tuning box on the multiJet, because I want to wait for the REAL Abarth performance kits, if ever they launch them. If you manage to get some more news, do share it with us here.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th February 2013 at 18:36.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 19:06   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Adding the spy shot from ACI.

Attachment 1049592

Copyright - Original uploader.
I have been seeing these three Jeep's doing rounds in Pune for the past two days in my locality & all three have a proper Pune license plates. None of them are on temp registration and all being driven by single driver with no equipment attached or camo.

I don't see them being test mules.

Cheers!
Old 11th February 2013, 19:44   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuseinZS View Post
I have been seeing these three Jeep's doing rounds in Pune for the past two days in my locality & all three have a proper Pune license plates. None of them are on temp registration and all being driven by single driver with no equipment attached or camo.

I don't see them being test mules.

Cheers!
These are CBUs, so it may NOT require all those equipments to test anything as these are production ready stuffs!

Now, could you tell me why all 3 vehicles are always in a convoy unless these are test mules?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 21:31   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
These are CBUs, so it may NOT require all those equipments to test anything as these are production ready stuffs!

Now, could you tell me why all 3 vehicles are always in a convoy unless these are test mules?
Now a days there are quite a few data loggers, so I believe there is no need to carry the equipment along during the drive.

Also the convoy is a give away and more so since FIAT had officially announced they would launch the Jeep brand, the testing has to begin somewhere down the line. Its good that it is happening sooner. Ultimately the customer has choices.
Old 11th February 2013, 22:20   #223
BHPian

I have seen them over the last two days and always in two's never all three together. I'm not saying they are or are not test mules, just add to the thread that they are pretty much on the roads and on permanent registration numbers.

Them being here can mean anything.
Old 12th February 2013, 11:43   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
P.S - even I am holding on to my plan of plonking a tuning box on the multiJet, because I want to wait for the REAL Abarth performance kits, if ever they launch them. If you manage to get some more news, do share it with us here.
fair enough. To the best of my knowledge, Abarth is a petrol engine so how will Abarth offer remaps for our Multijets?
Old 12th February 2013, 11:56   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
fair enough. To the best of my knowledge, Abarth is a petrol engine so how will Abarth offer remaps for our Multijets?
Abarth is the tuning division of Fiat, not an engine by itself . They take normal Fiat road cars, and offer performance versions of those cars - eg. 500 abarth, Punto Abarth, etc.

The 1.4 T-Jet engine doing duty in most Abarths is very much the same Fiat engine with extra tuning to pump out 185PS.

They can very well be capable of performance kits for Multijets too. Performance kit is not only a remap, it will also soup-up the suspension, interiors, brakes, etc - everything which influences performance and the drive experience. How this performance kit is priced / retro-fitted / serviced is beyond my imagination at this point. Lets hope it works for us drooling customers/enthusiasts.

P.S - Tata took the help of Abarth to tune the 90HP multiJet to produce 104HP in the vista Extreme crossover concept, so they aren't averse to tuning diesels.

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th February 2013 at 12:02.
KarthikK is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks