Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2013, 20:44   #436
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Fiat's "Make The Move" ad is up on Youtube. Not sure if this is already being aired.

nkrishnap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 22:55   #437
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

There is another line of thought going on at Fiat.

With a developed auto ancillary market in Pune, Nasik and Chennai sourcing drivetrain systems has become very convenient in India. The idea is to produce export vehicles here.

Even body tubs for the Jeep Wrangler can be built here now totally outsourced.

One possible line of thought going around is to launch Jeep Wrangler in India at about 10 Lakhs, as a direct competitor to THAR CRD e. The engine would possibly be a Fiat Diesel churning out about 120 to 130 bhp, perhaps the 1.6 l overbored to 2.2 l.
Reportidly some versions of the prototype are undergoing tests in India.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2013, 22:56   #438
Senior - BHPian

the fiat site is now updated with the tjet.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...e-updated.html
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 08:26   #439
BHPian

One quick query. From the Fiat website Linea Diesel emotion seems to be having all round disk brakes.

Is this a typo (where they have copied TJet specs and pasted) or does Diesel Emotion Linea comes with All Round Disk brakes ?
Old 13th April 2013, 08:42   #440
BHPian

Yes, They have put T-jet back on website, so all petro heads, good news for you
asdon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2013, 14:38   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Fiat's "Make The Move" ad is up on Youtube. Not sure if this is already being aired.
I have not yet come across this ad in TV. But make the move seems to be the right move by fiat.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 14th April 2013 at 20:59. Reason: Removing video embed from quoted post.
Old 13th April 2013, 14:54   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
One quick query. From the Fiat website Linea Diesel emotion seems to be having all round disk brakes.

Is this a typo (where they have copied TJet specs and pasted) or does Diesel Emotion Linea comes with All Round Disk brakes ?
No. The brochure clearly states that all round disc brakes are ONLY for T-jet variants and not for the diesel.
Attached Images

Old 13th April 2013, 17:29   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
I have not yet come across this ad in TV. But make the move seems to be the right move by fiat.
I saw this adv on the TV also today. The problem is that FIAT launched a pretty nice campaign for the Linea also a couple of years back. That didn't help much either and a campaign like this one seems to only appeal to the fans. Remember the grow up campaign by Royal Enfield? This is good to build up an emotional rapport with the fans and enthusiasts but is not going to do anything at all for the general public, and that is the public FIAT really needs right now to survive in India.
Old 14th April 2013, 00:09   #444
BHPian

FIAT seems to have nailed it.

This new aggressive plan should be the right direction forward.
Besides, the Punto is now getting old, it was first released in 2005. Its high tine Fiat refreshed its line.

The Abarth should really help in changing the scene, especially for all petrol heads. But i really hope they release a diesel variant!
Old 14th April 2013, 15:23   #445
Senior - BHPian

I got very excited to see the Linea T-Jet back on the FIAT website. So I spoke with a salesperson from Vecto Motors, Bangalore.

He had no clue whatsoever about the re-launch of the T-Jet, and made me wait while he went and checked out the FIAT website himself.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 20:14   #446
BHPian

I'm slightly disappointed because I expected a facelift on the current running line, especially since they have gone solo with their operations they could have at least given some additional features :(. The t-jet is great news for torque lovers, will they be fitting this engine into the punto?
Old 14th April 2013, 23:44   #447
BHPian

Dears,
I was at the Milan National Science Museum today. Maybe, FIAT could rewrite history by launching something in these lines..?

Honestly, I did not know, FIAT made fighter jets. With all the talks on FIAT and allied strategies, this is once again, a proof of the company's true capabilities, experienced lifesize. In the aeronautics section of the museum, there was an Alfa Romeo plane engine of the 50s, a 350HP unit, with the logo still intact, a photo which I will try to post. I have clicked it for sure, but cannot find it.

I am not apologising , even if this post might be slightly OT : I believe FIAT lovers should have a look at this.

PS: My drive here, is a 65HP petrol Punto, Mk2, seasoned, mellow yet a cougar!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-img_20130414_145637.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img_20130414_145731.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img_20130414_145753.jpg  

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 14th April 2013 at 23:53.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 00:42   #448
BHPian

These were the famous Sabre jets (F-86) used by Pakistan Air Force in 1965 and 1971 wars. These were the mainstay of PAF and were highly successful in air to air combats. Designed in USA, they were license produced by Fiat and in fact Mitsubishi also.
skm1967 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 01:46   #449
Team-BHP Support

FIAT now offers 3 years standard warranty / 5 years extended warranty? Is this available for existing owners?

I believe mine comes with 4 years/ 1.5L kms.

Source -
http://overdrive.in/details/3171/Fia...51-dealerships
Old 15th April 2013, 09:44   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
FIAT now offers 3 years standard warranty / 5 years extended warranty? Is this available for existing owners?

I believe mine comes with 4 years/ 1.5L kms.

Source -
http://overdrive.in/details/3171/Fia...51-dealerships
I dont think this 3+2 years warranty will be available for existing owners even if it meant paying an amount and taking it. But on the other hand, I would have been glad if they did provide this option at a nominal cost.

Most Viewed