Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:37   #526
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I had a look at the test drive cars in Vecto motors here last week, and I didn't spot any changes in the interiors of the 2013 Punto. The alloy wheel color has changed from (old) silver-ish to a greyish gun metal finish. That's perhaps the only cosmetic difference between the 2012 and 2013 Puntos. Everything else remains the same as far as I know.

Don't expect any major overhauls for the interiors and exteriors until the 2014 Punto Evo is launched; that's a whole new car itself. The 2013 Punto is very much the same 2012 Grande Punto being dragged into performing duty till the Evo takes over.
Apart from the alloys on the Punto, the emotion variant now gets chrome inserts for the AC vent and the dashboard I believe.

The changes to the Linea are the third headrest (middle seat) is removed, the biege is made a couple of notches lighter and not many other changes on the Linea too.

These changes are not worthy enough of even being called the yearly refresh so forget the facelift
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:45   #527
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Apart from the alloys on the Punto, the emotion variant now gets chrome inserts for the AC vent and the dashboard I believe.

The changes to the Linea are the third headrest (middle seat) is removed, the biege is made a couple of notches lighter and not many other changes on the Linea too.

These changes are not worthy enough of even being called the yearly refresh so forget the facelift
Thanks Krishna . By the way, do the Linea's alloy wheels also have a changed color to gunmetal grey? I was feeling that way looking at their new brochure.
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:48   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Krishna . By the way, do the Linea's alloy wheels also have a changed color to gunmetal grey? I was feeling that way looking at their new brochure.
No the top end Emotion variant still has retained the 2012 design of turbine blade + the color. Not too sure about the dynamic version which has the 15 inch wheels. My guess is the Linea is not altered with respect to alloy colors. However, nothing can be stable at FIAT
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:56   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps the only thing was the seat color which is now Grey (was black earlier) on Dynamic and Emotion 75HP variants. The alloy wheel color has changed from (old) silver-ish to a greyish gun metal finish.
If the change in seat color is the only change, then there is NO change at all in the dynamic variant. I own a 2012 dynamic 1.3 which came with grey color seat! And yes, this variant does not have alloy wheels! So nobody knows what has changed in the 'refreshed 2013 Punto' !!
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:24   #530
Team-BHP Support

Note: Instead of continuing on Johy's ownership thread, replying in the relevant thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
vb-san, I had been to the Hyson Fiat at Thrissur for fixing a few rattles that had developed on my 1.3 EP Punto. I must say that they do an excellent job. The SA, Mr. Madhu is gem of a person. Since my car is close to 3 years old and is out of warranty, I asked for the bill and I think they felt bad about it.
Hey, thanks a lot for the feedback, appreciate it. I will surely go and check out the T-Jet when I am in Thrissur next time. I know it’s not the right practice always, but I normally walk out of a shop/establishment if the customer service is not satisfactory, even if the product they sell is excellent. Now that Fiat is taking huge steps in building back, I expect the independent dealerships to manage it better.

The irony is, the so-called bad dealerships (VW, Ford, Skoda etc.) had been quite excellent with me in their interactions, and those nice ones like Toyota were ready to give a TD only if I commit to buy!!
Old 3rd May 2013, 15:41   #531
BHPian

One thing changed in 2013 models is the increased GC to 185mm (or is this from 2012 models itself). Somebody actually mentioned on this thread that Punto was a disaster to drive with this increased GC. I hope the same isn't true with T-Jet.
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:34   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
One thing changed in 2013 models is the increased GC to 185mm (or is this from 2012 models itself). Somebody actually mentioned on this thread that Punto was a disaster to drive with this increased GC. I hope the same isn't true with T-Jet.
This was a change made in 2012, not 2013. 2012 models came with increased ground clearance- For 1.3 diesel, ground clearance was increased to 185 mm and 1.2 petrol FIRE to 195 mm.
I have to disagree with the view that handling has been affected post the increase in ground clearance!
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:53   #533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The GC upgrade happened in 2012 cars itself. I strongly disagree with that opinion of the 2012 cars having bad handling. I have both cars - one before the GC upgrade (T-Jet with 170mm) and another after (Punto with 185mm), and can safely assure you the difference in handling with increased clearance is not too much, probably an excuse for nitpicking to put it better, just kidding.

Punto and Linea still continue to be the best in handling even after the GC upgrade. The competition is still far behind, barring the Figo which is also a good handler and comes in second. I can only make out the difference in handling if I start cornering aggressively in the T-Jet, then immediately take the Punto and try the same way (I've tried this in Nandi hills when my friend and I had taken both cars). At all other times, the difference is subtle and not very perceptible. People will only know the difference if they drive a pre-facelift Fiat and compare.

Let me put it this way - if the T-Jet was used as a reference benchmark and got a 10/10 for handling, I'd probably give the Punto an 8 or 8.5/10. The competition (barring Fords) will probably be at 4, 5 or 6. The Linea with 185mm should be even more stable than the Punto considering it is a sedan with a longer wheelbase and better weight distribution. They have just increased the height, not softened the suspension, so 1.5cm shouldn't make too much of a difference even theoretically.

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd May 2013 at 17:09.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 08:59   #534
BHPian

Quote:

Someone who drives a old version (2010/2011) should be able to answer that, i have a 2012 increased GC version punto, my colleague has a 2011, he drove mine and said he felt the speed and that speed masking was not as precise as his 2011 GP and the car lacked poise as we gained speed, so most probably like you said, in high speeds the new GP with increased GC should definitely not able to match the old version's driving feel comfort and handling.
Old 4th May 2013, 11:49   #535
BANNED

Summary of changes in 2013 Punto

-variants remain the same (1.2 active, dynamic, 1.4 emotion in petrol; 1.3 active, dynamic, emotion and 90 HP in diesel)
-new vocal white replaces bossa nova white
-New grey upholstery in active, dynamic and emotion (except 90 Hp multijet) variants
-all emotion and 90 HP variants gain seperate audio remote
-90 HP multijet gains red stitching on steering wheel
-emotion and 90 Hp variants gain gun metal alloys
-90 HP differentiators from regular emotion-old design fabric, chrome inserts on dashboard, AC vents and handles and chrome outside door handles plus red stitching on seats, steering and gear knob.
-No mechanical changes

Summary of changes in 2013 Linea

-No mechanical changes
-T-jet gains auto headlamps and rain sensing wipers to be launched in dynamic and emotion variants
-Active and dynamic variants get new beige upholstery fabric design
-rear sun curtain and chrome exterior side mouldings/ bumper mouldings deleted from dynamic
-GC of active and dynamic variants stand at 185 mm and emotion variants at 190 mm
-New vocal white replaces bossa nova white
-Dynamic and emotion variants with blue and me gain seperate audio remote
-variants: 1.4 active and dynamic (petrol); 1.4 TJet dynamic and emotion (turbo petrol); 1.3 active, dynamic and emotion (diesel)
-Rear disc brakes standard only on all T-jet variants.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th May 2013, 12:32   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Summary of changes in 2013 Punto

-emotion and 90 Hp variants gain gun metal alloys
Thanks for the great piece of info Pavan.

One question. If I want to swipe my current OEM Punto alloys with these new ones, will the dealer provide any buy back?

I have been planning to get my alloys painted matt black since ages, but would prefer these factory finish gun metal alloys.
Old 4th May 2013, 19:56   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Summary of changes in 2013 Linea
-New vocal white replaces bossa nova white
That's a good change they have done. This bossa nova white was really "bassy" looking and looked much inferior to White Honda City/Fludic Verna etc.

I wish they had done this change in 2012. I surely would have gone for this new color instead of Oceanic Blue.

BTW recently I had a very pleasant experience of exclusive Fiat workshop. Not only my car was repaired but they had few accessories in stock which I wanted and others they got me in a week time. Bought covers for A pillars and a pair cost me just 580Rs.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 4th May 2013 at 20:00.
Old 4th May 2013, 20:36   #538
BHPian

what about the new palio? does fiat have plans of bringing it here?
Old 4th May 2013, 20:46   #539
BHPian

Need advice. My BIL is planning to replace his 4 year old i10. He was keen to check out the punto after I gave him full gyan on their future plans and revamped structure (thanks to this thread) Now he had one big question, when is the punto evo planned to launch next year and is it worth the wait ? his purchase plans are for diwali and it would be a big blow if it is rolled out in the first quarter of 2014 as he said he can wait if that is the case. Also, will the engine undergo any upgrade along with other changes.
Old 5th May 2013, 08:29   #540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
That's a good change they have done. This bossa nova white was really "bassy" looking and looked much inferior to White Honda City/Fludic Verna etc.
Choice of Color is entirely subjective. While you welcome this, I am sad because of this move. BNW is one of the best White shade available in the market and also Fiat owners favorite. How? BNW is rated first among the color choice in a Fiat Forum.

Oh Yes. What is more shocking than Fiat discontinuing this color is that you rated this inferior to that of City/Verna.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks