Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 14:09   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
With a week to go to have the facelift Linea unveiled during Auto expo, the trainings have started in batches.
I hope you are wrong (about 1.6MJD not coming to India). I am sure you too hope you are wrong

One question though: if Linea is going to continue with same engines, what's the training for? As far as we have seen in photographs from Turkish Linea, the facelift is limited to front bumper, grille, boot lid and probably tail lights.

Are they going to introduce such new features as cruise control (as spotted in a test mule by someone)?
Old 31st January 2014, 14:48   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I hope you are wrong (about 1.6MJD not coming to India). I am sure you too hope you are wrong

One question though: if Linea is going to continue with same engines, what's the training for? As far as we have seen in photographs from Turkish Linea, the facelift is limited to front bumper, grille, boot lid and probably tail lights.

Are they going to introduce such new features as cruise control (as spotted in a test mule by someone)?
Its not just your wish, I too am wishing that I am terribly wrong . Anyways, was sort of thinking of 1.6 MJD Linea to upgrade, but now will hold to the current one for some time and later then decide what is on offer in the market to suit my requirements.

These trainings do happen even on the current ones available, more like a refresher training. But since its a facelift, the would be some changes and the technicians would be trained for the these. For example the cruise control on the Tjet, new interiors, etc.
Old 2nd February 2014, 09:14   #993
Senior - BHPian

Saw this T-jet specimen unloaded from one truck and uploaded into another at manesar yesterday.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-20140201_143435.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-20140201_143444.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-20140201_143453.jpg
sidindica is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 12:29   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Saw this T-jet specimen unloaded from one truck and uploaded into another at manesar yesterday.
Heading to the Auto Expo.

Looks the facelifted one, did you manage to see interiors, is the interior also new?

Hope it is showcased as well as launched at the Expo, member selfdrive says launch will be in May/June
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:43   #995
BHPian

Just when you thought everything was over with the zest, here this comes with a huge bang!
Attached Images

Naparajito is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:24   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Just when you thought everything was over with the zest, here this comes with a huge bang!
Looks like the Avventure (Or adventure?) with the bracket for the rear mounted spare wheel. Looks so classy in the pic - will have to see how it fairs in real.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:22   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Looks like the Avventure (Or adventure?) with the bracket for the rear mounted spare wheel. Looks so classy in the pic - will have to see how it fairs in real.
I did some research and here is what I got. My research indicates the wheel is 225/45/R17. Attached a picture of the same. And obviously the 1.3MJD doesn't required dual exhaust tips and these wheels. The watermark actually covers up info.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-17-inches.jpg  

Last edited by Naparajito : 3rd February 2014 at 20:24.
Old 4th February 2014, 09:17   #998
BHPian

This pseudo SUV (a la Ecosport) could just prove be be the fillip that Fiat needs desperately, but if it comes with the same century old looking interiors, God Save the King.
Old 4th February 2014, 10:11   #999
BHPian

are they going to show it as a concept model?

rear fog light enclosure looks like a dummy one.but the finish quality is way better than the earlier spy image.

Fiat India’s Managing Director, Mr. Nagesh Basavanhalli, was quoted telling a newspaper that the R&D for the car was carried out in Fiat’s Indian technical center (located in Chennai) with support coming from headquarters in Italy.

source: IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-adventure.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-adventure-01.jpg  

Old 4th February 2014, 10:40   #1000
BHPian

I would just like to say-people who think its just a cross punto will be proven wrong.Its a radically designed new cuv.watch out for 6th feb.
And yes,no punto nomenclature.Its pure and simple-Fiat Avventura
Old 4th February 2014, 10:41   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
This pseudo SUV (a la Ecosport) could just prove be be the fillip that Fiat needs desperately, ...
Psudeo SUV?? A Punto with a boot mounted spare tyre is the last thing which will be noticed in the Indian market. Fiat is just making a fool of themselves with these kind of things. They can (and should) channel their energies in better things like sales & A$$ than launching such models.
Old 4th February 2014, 11:30   #1002
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat claims it is a new CUV, to rival Ecosport and Duster!

Quote:
The new SUV, Avventura, is built on Fiat's existing platform that has given birth to the Punto and Linea. Fiat will position it as a contemporary urban vehicle (CUV), and the vehicle will be launched later this year.
The research was done at the Technical centre India from support from HQ in Italy. A 4x4 in the offing. Exports to be from India to S Africa and Asian markets.

Jeeep Launch deferred due to slowdown in the auto segment here.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/29846477.cms

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th February 2014 at 11:36.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2014, 14:23   #1003
Senior - BHPian

If CUV means Compact Utility Vehicle, Fiat at least should be given credit for identifying the category of its vehicle sensibly.

No Abarth Punto unveiling at the Expo?

Last edited by k_ajay : 4th February 2014 at 14:32.
Old 4th February 2014, 15:46   #1004
Senior - BHPian

If they really offer 4X4, that would be a segment first. But how many people will actually buy it? I think, less than 5% of Avventura's total sales would come from 4X4 model.

Also, Punto's exhaust pipe is on the left side of the car. Are they going to attach a dummy exhaust tip for the car to look more attractive?

Let's wait and see how the face looks like.
Old 4th February 2014, 16:55   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
I would just like to say-people who think its just a cross punto will be proven wrong.Its a radically designed new cuv.watch out for 6th feb.
And yes,no punto nomenclature.Its pure and simple-Fiat Avventura
Same chasis as Punto, same engine as Punto, same interior seating dimentsons. How can this be radically different. Just curious.

Only differences I can see are newer bumpers, spare tyre arrangement, maybe different GC, slight exterior refreshes, possibly new dashboard.

To make a judgement call, only the above cannot make this succeed.

Most Viewed