Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 19:01   #1051
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Lot of people think having a spare wheel at the back makes it an SUV, we have seen enough in the Weird and Wacky thread. Maybe we have to blame the innocent Tata Safari It was a real looker when I was young and it defined SUV for me, it had quite an impact in India.

Coming to the Punto, I love the interiors. Would have made better sense if they had given a space saver tyre or run flats. If the engine specs are really impressive, I will go for it and remove the swing arm and go for alternate options.
Old 5th February 2014, 19:44   #1052
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

If someone doesn't wants the spare tyre to hang around causing inconvenience, then simply put it in the usual place in the boot and still you have a good looking, practical hatch with best interiors.
Old 5th February 2014, 19:55   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the pics, it's clear it's not a mini-suv nor has Fiat made the mistake of positioning it as one (smart on their part and realistic as well).

Why did they not choose to remove that hatch mounted wheel and sell it as a new variant of the Punto with a T-Jet? Would have loved it with all those updates then.

Now, it's just a confused vehicle. And it's still a hatchback (even with 200mm GC if that is true).

Fiat has made the effort, now only market acceptability remains. We'll see.

Abarth 500 is not a well thought of in my opinion. Abarth Punto would have been much better as Punto at least has some/decent amount of brand recall. A Fiat 500 is hardly spotted on the road and not all deep pocketed customers are going to be having awareness that matches the level of us enthusiasts.

Front View. Projector headlamps too.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventureimagesautoexpo6.jpg

Looking at this photo, the ground clearance does seem to be nice/adequate.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatavventureimagesautoexpo4.jpg

New photo credits: http://www.motoroids.com

The interiors look lovely. Also I suppose Fiat is going to market this as an adventure vehicle seriously I guess. Take a lot at the 2/3 small dials one can see above the center A/C vents (first one almost looks like a compass).

The orange stripes along the tread is almost useless once we take it to the road. Considering the sporty interiors, twin exhaust pipes and larger front disc brakes + rear disc brakes, I want to guess this is the T-Jet or the 1.6 MJD (i'm kidding right? ). No front foglamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
First open the rear spare wheel which turns sideways then open the hatch in usual upwards way.
Thanks tbppjpr. I've now seen the pics too. People complained of the rear hatch operation of the EcoSport. Customers are going to bemoan the Avventure's tailgate operation even further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
If someone doesn't wants the spare tyre to hang around causing inconvenience, then simply put it in the usual place in the boot and still you have a good looking, practical hatch with best interiors.
Post removal of the spare tyre enclosure fitment, some exposed elements won't look so nice, spoiling the currently cohesive design expression. Take a look.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-avventurasparetyre.jpg

Last edited by k_ajay : 5th February 2014 at 20:15. Reason: Adding text.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 21:45   #1054
BHPian

I like the design. Coming to the issue of the rear wheel and opening of boot this is a issue with all SUV's including ecosport where there has to be space at the back to open the door. Why single Fiat out about this?
Old 5th February 2014, 22:26   #1055
BHPian

Fiat designers should consider a (for lack of better term) Skoda type boot door. i.e. there should be an option of opening only the rear windshield (Honda Brio type), which shall suffice for small items and security checks. the other option would be to open the entire rear hatch door (the way it opens now).

If Fiat plays its cards well, Avventura can do to it what Duster did to Renault. NB: comparing based on effect on sales + branding, not the car segment/capabilities.
Old 5th February 2014, 22:50   #1056
BHPian

By putting that wheel out at the rear, they've effectively increased the boot space, haven't they?
Old 6th February 2014, 21:13   #1057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post

The interiors look lovely. Also I suppose Fiat is going to market this as an adventure vehicle seriously I guess. Take a lot at the 2/3 small dials one can see above the center A/C vents (first one almost looks like a compass)......

]
A friend who has seen this at the Auto Expo says the dials are a compass and ramp angle indicators. I doubt these will make it to production though.
Old 7th February 2014, 09:27   #1058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
By putting that wheel out at the rear, they've effectively increased the boot space, haven't they?
Purely by numbers. I do NOT think the design of the boot has been changed for this, which means there could be the wheel well still be present and we may NOT be able to use it.

Can't finalize till we see the under body pics as well.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 09:49   #1059
Senior - BHPian

One important feature missing in the Avventura is the provision of good under thigh support for the seats. The rear bench looks totally flat, even the front seats are equipped with the bucket type supports but these miss the under thigh support. I hope Fiat addresse this issue too.
Old 7th February 2014, 15:50   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Purely by numbers. I do NOT think the design of the boot has been changed for this, which means there could be the wheel well still be present and we may NOT be able to use it.
If that remains same then its very useful for the subwoofer without need of compromise with the boot space.
Old 7th February 2014, 16:32   #1061
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat at the Expo.

Old 11th February 2014, 13:01   #1062
Senior - BHPian

2014 Fiat Linea Facelift brochure (courtesy Motorbeam):

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1fiatlineafaceliftbrochure.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2fiatlineafaceliftbrochuredetails.jpg
Old 12th February 2014, 13:54   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Both are global models brought to India, while Aventurra is India specific (with Italian name)currently !

Cheers!
Actually, I'm struggling to think WHICH car did Fiat ever launch in India without an Italian name? Uno (One), Palio (horse-race), Siena (city in Tuscany), Punto (Point), Linea (Line), 500 (Cinquecento - 500 in Italian).

Of course, there was the Palio Weekend and the Adventure but both of these were variants of the Palio, not completely new cars in themselves.
great_guns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 11:35   #1064
Senior - BHPian

IAB have managed to get hands on the specs sheet of the Linea refresh, as per them:

Quote:
Fiat will spec the sedan with cruise control, radio with voice activated commands, automatic headlights, rear AC vents, rear armrest with integrated glovebox, automatic wipers, wing mirrors with integrated turn signals, leather upholstery, collapsible rear curtain, 16-inch alloy wheels, ABS, EBD and ambient lighting.

The diesel variant of the Linea will be powered by the existing 1.3-liter engine outputting close to 90 PS.

The refreshed petrol Linea will see power coming from either the 1.4-liter naturally-aspirated engine, or the 1.4-liter T-JET turbocharged motor.
More details here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/2...-leaked-120512
Old 15th February 2014, 11:47   #1065
Senior - BHPian

So in essence there are only 2 new things

Cruise Control
Integrated indicators on the mirrors

Everything thing else is already present on the existing car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IAB have managed to get hands on the specs sheet of the Linea refresh, as per them:

More details here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/2...-leaked-120512

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks