Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2014, 12:31   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

IAB rendering of 2014 Punto facelift!

Fiat's India strategy revealed-iabrendering2014fiatpuntofacelift.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/wp-conten...o-facelift.jpg

Gorgeous

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 13:01   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Dont understand Fiat's logic of camouflaging only the rear while keeping the sides open. Does this mean that the refreshed Punto will be having changes done only to the rear and that too to the rear lamp cluster? Beats me.

There was an article in TOI yesterday (Zigwheels section) about the Fiat Abarth 500 being planned to be launched in the 22-24 L price range. The car will be launched near October 2014. As per the article, the Abarth will have turbocharged 1.4L engine churning out 137 PS or 163 PS depending on the state of tune.

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...24-lakh/18130/
Old 29th March 2014, 13:21   #1203
Senior - BHPian

New twist in the tale

Motorbeam keep on spotting Punto facelift with different Alloys and front Grill design from what we had spotted earlier.

Now, will Punto be differentiated between 90HP and 75HP with different Alloys and Grills or to our surprise the earlier one may be a T-Jet in disguise

Here are the spy pics from Motorbeam

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2014fiatpuntofaceliftontest_01.jpg

Source : http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/...ft-On-Test.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2014fiatpuntofaceliftontest_02.jpg

http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/...ift-Wheels.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2014fiatpuntofaceliftontest_03.jpg

http://www.motorbeam.com/wp-content/...lift-Front.jpg

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 13:21   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post

Attachment 1224508

Gorgeous

Cheers!
If they give us this, then hats off to Fiat. What a soulful car..!!!

Thank god for this. Thank god that they're making money somewhere and elsewhere.

In my opinion, you're way ahead, Fiat.
Old 29th March 2014, 14:18   #1205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the spy pics from Motorbeam..
That's some massive ground clearance. Easily a 190 mm?? It will be nice to have the 1.4L added to this car. It really needs it.
Old 3rd April 2014, 00:14   #1206
BHPian

Just came across this article. Though Jeep & its baby siblings are no where to be seen in near future, they definitely seem to be making good numbers for Fiat in US.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ategy-pays-off

Fiat, please bring the fleet here.
Old 3rd April 2014, 09:56   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!
It's unlikely the Punto will get this front. This is the Avventura front and the main reason they designed this was to differentiate it from the Punto. It would be a stupid idea to give the Punto & Avventura a similar front end, but one can never say with Fiat !

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 3rd April 2014 at 09:58.
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:43   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
It's unlikely the Punto will get this front.
But check this link http://www.****************/fiat-ind...#post841896346

Note: the asterisk part is teamfiat'dot'co'dot'in.

The closeup of Headlamps reveal that it is kind of Avventura design.

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2014, 10:55   #1209
Team-BHP Support

+1.

I also feel Punto might get the same design for India, and it's good. Looks classy yet modern and sharp. And with the interiors from the new Linea- makes for one desirable package.

I hope the scorpion claw like alloys spotted earlier is that of a TJet. Hope.
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:25   #1210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
It's unlikely the Punto will get this front. This is the Avventura front and the main reason they designed this was to differentiate it from the Punto. It would be a stupid idea to give the Punto & Avventura a similar front end, but one can never say with Fiat !
I do NOT think the ROI will anything be good if they restrict these panels to Avventura alone. I do NOT think Avventura is going to sell even half of regular Punto if they come up with that cladding rear mounted wheel etc. So they better have it for normal Punto as well.

The product differentiation can be made by the cladding, even if they don't plan the rear mounted spare.
Old 3rd April 2014, 12:55   #1211
BHPian

Quote:

Gorgeous

Cheers!
This is the car that is most probably going to be launched as the New Punto.

Unlike the New Linea, this is a quite convincing replacement in case it is launched.

Btw, I don't find the new interior and dashboard design classy. It looks incomplete and lacks character the older one had. I hope my opinion changes once I get to see the car in real.
Old 3rd April 2014, 16:45   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
This is the car that is most probably going to be launched as the New Punto.

Unlike the New Linea, this is a quite convincing replacement in case it is launched.

Btw, I don't find the new interior and dashboard design classy. It looks incomplete and lacks character the older one had. I hope my opinion changes once I get to see the car in real.
I suspect you are right about the market not being 'convinced' by the new Linea, at least not enough to, say, treble its sales. But it is convincing to old linea owners like me since it addresses all their demands, except of course for the 1.6mjd.

The Avventura is exciting and, who knows, may sell well. in any case it adds resonance to the brand, esp the punto.
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:59   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Just came across this article. Though Jeep & its baby siblings are no where to be seen in near future, they definitely seem to be making good numbers for Fiat in US.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...ategy-pays-off

Fiat, please bring the fleet here.
Fiat has delayed the Jeep launch but presumably they will still stick to the perspective plan they announced last year. The local manufacture of a B-Jeep with fiat engines was mentioned for 2015, though 2016 would be more realistic now. And they said the same for a C-jeep too, the global Compass/Patriot replacement presumably. 2017?

What excites me personally though is the possibility that Fiat will have a version of the b-Jeep for the Indian market, to compete at Duster/Terrano prices. Though its sibling the 500x will surely work out too expensive for India. Or is the fiat b-suv just the Avventura? Which would be a pity because the Fiat brand in India might by then be able to handle a product @Rs. 11-12Lakhs, with the more expensive 'fiats' being branded Jeep .
Old 8th April 2014, 15:25   #1214
BHPian

I really don't understand the value proposition of the Avventura. It is a hatch at the end of the day. If Fiat really wants to take on the compact SUV segment, they already have a gem in their backyard... the Palio Adventure!

All they have to do is

1. CHANGE the Palio branding and call it some exotic Italian name.
2. Get this look (http://www.mundoautomotor.com.ar/web...mment-page-39/)
3. Plonk the 90BHP, 1.3 MJD mill. They can add the 1.6 whenever they launch it.

All of this is so easy to do and Fiat will have a new segment in its line up. This will surely take the fight to the Dusters, Ecosport, etc.

Fiat really needs a new car and Avventura, for me, just doesn't cut it as a new product! If they launch the Adventure, then I'll be the first one to book it.
madhav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 21:19   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
I really don't understand the value proposition of the Avventura. It is a hatch at the end of the day. If Fiat really wants to take on the compact SUV segment, they already have a gem in their backyard... the Palio Adventure!

All they have to do is

1. CHANGE the Palio branding and call it some exotic Italian name.
2. Get this look (http://www.mundoautomotor.com.ar/web...mment-page-39/)
3. Plonk the 90BHP, 1.3 MJD mill. They can add the 1.6 whenever they launch it.

All of this is so easy to do and Fiat will have a new segment in its line up. This will surely take the fight to the Dusters, Ecosport, etc.

Fiat really needs a new car and Avventura, for me, just doesn't cut it as a new product! If they launch the Adventure, then I'll be the first one to book it.
The Avventura is meant to compete with the Ecosport (which is also just a hatch--the fiesta) at those aggressive prices. And while this is debatable, it has been pretty strongly styled to differentiate it from the Punto, for only a little more money.

There will be more SUVs coming from fiat: the b-Jeep Renegade (and a cheaper Fiat-badged version?), the c-Jeep to be made in Ranjangaon + the Jeep imports. Or so said the longterm perspective plan Fiat revealed last year. They are on schedule for the fiat brand but Jeep is delayed. Let us see.

An avventura t-jet will do very fine for me, later in the year!!

Most Viewed