Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 20:07   #496
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
KarthikK, rating the review a truly well deserved 5 stars. You've truly set a new benchmark for showroom previews.

Jokes apart (Thought only you can pull it off eh? )

Quote:
- I'm happy they have merchandise. Its really difficult to get even small things like keychains for fiat cars.
Some of those keychains look quite deceptive in size. The Fiat keyring original one costs ~2k!! Beat that! My fake one that I got through eBay costed 200 bucks *lol*.
Quote:
But parking space is a big problem. And what is the intention of this caffe? I truly don't understand.
The intention is just to build up curiosity among automotive fans I guess. Automotive themed cafes I don't think will ever work in India. That too, this one is from the all popular Fiat. Not sure how much of a success this will be as a caffe itself. It will become a showroom which also serves coffee and beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
Excellent Report there, Karthik. Its always a pleasure reading your Reports/Ownership Reviews/Travelogues.

This is music to my ears too I live closeby to this Caffe in Koramangala near Sony World signal. Hoping to book my T-Jet from these guys. Any news of Service Centre being associated with this Caffe.
Thanks floyd.bell! Service centre will not be here. That is for sure. Since this is from the KHT group, service station will be at Whitefield area, opposite CMRIT college. The Fiat Caffe will just sell cars, and of course, coffee!
Old 29th April 2013, 10:05   #497
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Coffee mugs, key chains, pens, watches, scale models, etc
KarthikK - Any idea how much does the Punto scale model cost? I have been hunting for one since ages, but no luck.
Old 29th April 2013, 10:24   #498
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
KarthikK - Any idea how much does the Punto scale model cost? I have been hunting for one since ages, but no luck.
The scale model Punto costs you 650 bucks or rather 645 bucks. Do pm me if you need any help regarding this.
Old 29th April 2013, 10:41   #499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Some of those keychains look quite deceptive in size. The Fiat keyring original one costs ~2k!! Beat that! My fake one that I got through eBay costed 200 bucks *lol*.
2000?

Ok, but is it worth it in terms of quality? I wonder what Abarth keychains will cost, considering the 'premium' nature of it.

Will these FIAT Caffe showrooms cater to Abarth and Jeep as well?
Old 29th April 2013, 10:49   #500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
2000?

Ok, but is it worth it in terms of quality? I wonder what Abarth keychains will cost, considering the 'premium' nature of it.
It definitely looked good from the outside. Not sure how durable it will be with Indian usage conditions though.

Quote:
Will these FIAT Caffe showrooms cater to Abarth and Jeep as well?
Highly unlikely they will mix up brands. Abarth in UK works as an independent brand, and they share no connection whatsoever with Fiat showrooms/service centres, not even the Fiat logos will be displayed anywhere inside Abarth facilities. They function under their own dealerships known as 'Abarth Studios'.

I am guessing the same model will be adopted for India also. Even if the proprietor happens to be the same as for Fiat here (eg. Vecto/KHT/Aadya), the Abarth facility should be different or else the brand value will be diluted. Only time will tell I guess.

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th April 2013 at 10:54.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:08   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat will be launching a new Fiat Caffe in Bangalore sometime in May 2013.

Attachment 1078256

Nice review KarthikK. Any idea How much the jersey costs? It's difficult to figure out how many thousands it costs from the figure.
Old 29th April 2013, 12:32   #502
Senior - BHPian

I will have my fingers crossed to see how the concept of a Caffee works in India. Personally, I wouldnt get enticed by such a setup to buy a new car. Lets see how the public perceives this.

2000 bucks for a key chain? I am sure most other merchandise would also cost very expensive. Why such a thing? Why cant Fiat localize the manufacturing of these items and sell them at reasonable prices? Have they forgotten that merchandise also can be a medium of marketing the brand?

If prices are reasonable, I would want to buy many items from them.
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 13:12   #503
Senior - BHPian

Just mentioning this in case anyone can make use of it , one can pressurize the sales guy to throw in some stuff if you are buying a car , i managed to get in 2 items from the merchandise set as part of the deal with the car.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 14:03   #504
BHPian

I have few questions, pretty naive at that.
1. What is the speculated new spec of forthcoming Linea T-Jet. Will Auto Headlamps and Rain sensing wiper be available as an add-on for old timers like me?
2. What sort of logical and sensible add-ons can be available from Abarth for Linea T-Jet?
3. Any speculation about other 'good' Fiat accessories such as 17" alloys etc.? Man I just love them. If available I will certainly go for an exchange.

Fingers crossed ! .
The new Fiat caffee is very close to my office in EGL. Maybe someday we can have a get together there. I cross this place daily twice. Waiting for it to get fully fledged.
Old 30th April 2013, 09:46   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Authentic hot Italian coffee/espresso
Frankly; all I would ask for is to serve chicory free India filter coppee. Ours is the best coffee in the world.

It would also be nice if the chaps in the store know something about the cars on display.

IPL fans may not like my comment but this is something I never want them to display on the tube. Fashion TV would be more like it. F1, MotoGp and Premier League comes next. I am not a fan of any of these shows.

It will be nice to have all the old Fiat adverts, India and International put up on the walls.

Display a naked car with all the mechanicals in place.
Old 30th April 2013, 09:56   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
It will be nice to have all the old Fiat adverts, India and International put up on the walls.

Display a naked car with all the mechanicals in place.
I passed this message on to Mr. Sanjay as well as Nithin to place the cut through engines similar to the Pune caffe. Not a bad idea to let the buyers know about the technology.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 10:03   #507
Senior - BHPian

Highly OT, but couldn't resist to post: I feel like falling on the floor and crying out loudly. Why aren't such things there for Chevrolet ?
(I wish there were more smileys to describe my emotional breakdown)
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 10:20   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The scale model Punto costs you 650 bucks or rather 645 bucks. Do pm me if you need any help regarding this.
Are you sure?
I checked the price list at a Fiat Showroom and it was 333 bucks.
Old 30th April 2013, 10:23   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Are you sure?
I checked the price list at a Fiat Showroom and it was 333 bucks.
Yes, this was the price that was told to me as of yesterday and the scale model Linea is not available as of now.
Old 30th April 2013, 10:35   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yes, this was the price that was told to me as of yesterday and the scale model Linea is not available as of now.
Strange,since i got a Quote of 333 at the showroom,seems like prices at Fiat Caffe are exorbhitant.

Btw Purchased a Linea keychain for 107 bucks

Most Viewed