Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 10:35   #511
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yes, this was the price that was told to me as of yesterday and the scale model Linea is not available as of now.
I dont think that these small merchandise items have the price printed/embedded on it, rather they would be just having price stickers pasted by the dealer itself. So they can put any amount above the actual 'MRP' set by the company.
Old 30th April 2013, 11:09   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
I dont think that these small merchandise items have the price printed/embedded on it, rather they would be just having price stickers pasted by the dealer itself. So they can put any amount above the actual 'MRP' set by the company.
Not really. The scale model has a product code and can be sourced like any other part or accessories. So the dealers hand in pasting whatever price is very remote. The prices might have gone up and 645 bucks for a scale model isn't overpriced IMO.
Old 30th April 2013, 11:38   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
After Delhi and Pune, the third Fiat Caffe opens tomorrow in Bangalore .

Thank you very much.
Just saw this.
Will it be open tomorrow.
Would love to go down there in the evening

EDIT:Ooops , it s closed tomorrow

Last edited by InControl : 30th April 2013 at 11:50.
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 12:11   #514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
Nice review KarthikK. Any idea How much the jersey costs? It's difficult to figure out how many thousands it costs from the figure.
I'm not too sure about the individual pricing of the items. I just managed to pick up the cap, which I believe was ~350 bucks. The next time I pass by the caffe, I'll take a snap of their complete price list and upload it here for the benefit of fellow BHPians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Just mentioning this in case anyone can make use of it , one can pressurize the sales guy to throw in some stuff if you are buying a car , i managed to get in 2 items from the merchandise set as part of the deal with the car.
Very good idea. Especially the pricier small accessories such as pens, watches, keychains and coffee mugs should be readily used by the customer for blackmailing tactics when buying a car here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I have few questions, pretty naive at that.
1. What is the speculated new spec of forthcoming Linea T-Jet. Will Auto Headlamps and Rain sensing wiper be available as an add-on for old timers like me?
Considering those things are already there on the 2012 Linea Emotion, those should be making it to the 2013 T-Jet. As far as I know, retrofitting the auto headlamps and rain sensing wipers on older Lineas like ours is not an easy job. I tried doing it, but the sensors are new components, plus the mirror (IRVM) assembly and the associated wiring setup from sensors to ECU to headlamps/wipers is not present in the older Lineas. It requires quite a bit of electrical connections to be changed, and might lead to problems.
Quote:
2. What sort of logical and sensible add-ons can be available from Abarth for Linea T-Jet?
I don't think too many things will be available for Linea. Abarth has done work more on the Punto than on other Fiats. Maybe once they bring their performance kits, we could have T-Jet remap options to choose from. Until then, nothing for Lineas is my guess.
Quote:
3. Any speculation about other 'good' Fiat accessories such as 17" alloys etc.? Man I just love them. If available I will certainly go for an exchange.
I doubt such things will be offered since it will directly conflict with their warranty policy. You could still try importing the 17" alloys from UK or other European buyers on eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post

Thank you very much.
Just saw this.
Will it be open tomorrow.
Would love to go down there in the evening

EDIT:Ooops , it s closed tomorrow
It is not formally open yet. They have some promotional event called 'Fiat Funday' on weekends which is perhaps the only time you can get a preview of the caffe. Or you could just wait until Mid-May when the Caffe officially opens up

Last edited by KarthikK : 30th April 2013 at 12:18.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 12:25   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
It is not formally open yet. They have some promotional event called 'Fiat Funday' on weekends which is perhaps the only time you can get a preview of the caffe. Or you could just wait until Mid-May when the Caffe officially opens up
Agreed that the Caffe is officially not inaugurated yet, but they are taking bookings at the Caffe from the 1st of April 2013 unofficially. Though completely not sure as to why they would want to do that without everything being in place. For example the EDC machine not available, DMS not available . This ulitmately will affect the customer in the end with a not so good experience.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 13:42   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat India has scheduled the relaunch of Linea T-Jet in the month of June

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/04/f...#ixzz2Rvrf7zUH
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 13:51   #517
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Fiat India has scheduled the relaunch of Linea T-Jet in the month of June

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/04/f...#ixzz2Rvrf7zUH
The news in this article is a lift off from the previous post that Karthik and myself provided. Nothing new in the article.
Old 30th April 2013, 18:50   #518
BHPian

Finally I made my way to still under construction Fiat Caffe and was pleasantly surprised to find Deepak there. He is the sales manager from KHT and a pretty good buddy of mine. Had a nice 2 hour chat with him over 'free' coffee ;-) .. thanks to him, but I was a lab's monkey to test their new coffee machine lol ! ..

He said the remap options will be available from Abarth for our T-Jets and the Fiat Caffe will have an outlet for Abarth as well.

BTW FYI the official inauguration of Fiat caffe is on 11th May, I am in for it. Please let me know if any one is coming in so that we can go together.

I checked the merchandises and got shocks one after the other. E.g. the Fiat jacket for 15k, T-Shirt for 8.5k , I mean come on these are way more expensive than Ferrari stuffs! Deepak said there will be more merchandises available on 11th, many may be reasonably priced ! ..

I am in for a key chain.

He said that India will be the hub for parts supply chain and chennai will be central warehouse for South zone. This news was music to my ears.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 19:06   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
He said the remap options will be available from Abarth for our T-Jets and the Fiat Caffe will have an outlet for Abarth as well.

BTW FYI the official inauguration of Fiat caffe is on 11th May, I am in for it. Please let me know if any one is coming in so that we can go together.

I checked the merchandises and got shocks one after the other. E.g. the Fiat jacket for 15k, T-Shirt for 8.5k , I mean come on these are way more expensive than Ferrari stuffs! Deepak said there will be more merchandises available on 11th, many may be reasonably priced ! ..

I am in for a key chain.

He said that India will be the hub for parts supply chain and chennai will be central warehouse for South zone. This news was music to my ears.
Yes, the inauguration is on the 11th of May 2013. Count me in for the event.

True the accessories are heavily priced. The quality of the lower priced ones are nothing to write home about. The ones that are good are very costly so the cheaper quality or the higher cost both does not cut for me.
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:26   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
[left]Fiat India has scheduled the relaunch of Linea T-Jet in the month of June
The site says no change in specs. So in the relaunch, what is expected: price change, attractive schemes or what else?
Old 2nd May 2013, 11:36   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
The site says no change in specs. So in the relaunch, what is expected: price change, attractive schemes or what else?
There a couple of additions in the feature list, the automatic headlamps and rain sensing wipers are carried forward onto the Tjet from the 2012 editions.
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:17   #522
BHPian

Saw the Fiat ad in Times of India today about the 3 year comprehensive warranty on punto. It says check out the Punto 2013 but did it even undergo any cosmetic changes this year (expect the interiors AFAIK). The brochure has changed a little compared to 2012 model though.

Also, with the new plan on spare inventory can we expect the prices to go down or atleast be controlled.

Request the gurus to enlighten me if I have missed anything.

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 3rd May 2013 at 12:34. Reason: Added some more points
Old 3rd May 2013, 12:50   #523
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod: Some of the discussion on Seat Belts & Pre-tensioners from this thread has been moved here
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:20   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Saw the Fiat ad in Times of India today about the 3 year comprehensive warranty on punto. It says check out the Punto 2013 but did it even undergo any cosmetic changes this year (expect the interiors).
What are the changes to the interiors in the 2013 model? looks like I missed out that update.
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:30   #525
Team-BHP Support

I had a look at the test drive cars in Vecto motors here last week, and I didn't spot any changes in the interiors of the 2013 Punto. Perhaps the only thing was the seat color which is now Grey (was black earlier) on Dynamic and Emotion 75HP variants. The alloy wheel color has changed from (old) silver-ish to a greyish gun metal finish. Those are perhaps the only cosmetic differences between the 2012 and 2013 Puntos. Everything else remains the same as far as I know.

Don't expect any major overhauls for the interiors and exteriors until the 2014 Punto Evo is launched; that's a whole new car itself. The 2013 Punto is very much the same 2012 Grande Punto being dragged into performing duty till the Evo takes over.

Last edited by KarthikK : 3rd May 2013 at 14:36.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed