Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2013, 23:00   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Unless the T-Jet is priced sub 10L it would remain a non mover. The common man doesnot have much faith in a FIAT and unless they literally make the jaws drop with their killer pricing nothing will matter to the masses. See how ARIA is faring simply because asking one to pay 15 lakhs + for a Tha Tha oops sorry TATA needed much more than just goodies on board.
Old 13th May 2013, 01:54   #587
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
This is an unsubstantiated and baseless statement. Fiat still has a long way to go to pull media and market attention. Other manufacturers have also given media ads, Fiat is not doing anything new that other manufacturers have already not done !
Unsubstantiated is the allegation on me

Fiat has a long way to go, true. But is there any other similar manufacturer who can claim so much attention, on autoportals and magazines, about a certain new showroom opening? I guess, no one can.
The excitement shown by petrolheads on Fiat doing something is spot on, unlike for any other manufacturer.
These are my purely personal views so please dont allege me again for unsubstantiated statements.

autocarindia recently had a pretty highlighted link on their home page about a new Fiat dealership in Delhi for one example.
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 11:03   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Unless the T-Jet is priced sub 10L it would remain a non mover.
In India, Pricing is the key. Good products are flops if the pricing is wrong. Like Fiesta, Jazz, Aria, Evalia, Kizashi. Similarly Ordinary cars with killer pricing have been blockbuster hits like the Figo, Eeco, Cruze.

IMO the T-Jet engine should be standard across all linea with price range (7~9)L. Strip some features if you have to but a petrol sedan with exshowroom price above 9L is overpriced. And to be honest it does not feel incredibly powerful. It feels par for the course whereas most 1.6L naturally aspirated petrols feel underpowered.
Old 18th May 2013, 19:51   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post

Unsubstantiated is the allegation on me

Fiat has a long way to go, true. But is there any other similar manufacturer who can claim so much attention, on autoportals and magazines, about a certain new showroom opening? I guess, no one can.
The excitement shown by petrolheads on Fiat doing something is spot on, unlike for any other manufacturer.
These are my purely personal views so please dont allege me again for unsubstantiated statements.

autocarindia recently had a pretty highlighted link on their home page about a new Fiat dealership in Delhi for one example.
Sorry please dont mistake me..I was only talking about Fiat and their campaign and no personal allegations intended on you !
Old 21st May 2013, 14:21   #590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For a market share of just around .5% by sales, Fiat still pulls such attention by media (auto magazines/webportals) as relatively is pulled by a new version launch of a certain model by any other manufacturer. Opening of a new showroom by Fiat is an occasion that no other similar brand can boast of (for all the right reasons or wrong)
Quote:
But is there any other similar manufacturer who can claim so much attention, on autoportals and magazines, about a certain new showroom opening? I guess, no one can.

Fiat has tried multiple times to crack the Indian market and hasn't met with reasonable success at all, in spite of being a big name in the rest of the world. The media attention is on them now since they have decided to go independent, and are 'aggressively' ramping up sales and service network strength.

It is not about excitement of a certain new showroom opening. There is nothing to get 'excited' about a showroom or two. The fact that they are setting up their own shop and restarting business here has the automotive journalists sitting up and taking notice. The media attention is not just because Fiat is opening new showrooms/service centres. That is considered as normal or 'expected' for other manufacturers since they've been doing it all the while. The attention is more because Fiat is coming out of their extended 7 year hibernation period (when they were with Tata) and finally doing something to get moving on their own. I don't remember any other manufacturer who slept for so long and woke up , so other manufacturers opening showrooms won't obviously make 'news'.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st May 2013 at 14:24.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 16:20   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Similarly Ordinary cars with killer pricing have been blockbuster hits like the Figo, Eeco, Cruze.
While i agree to the message (on pricing), i don't see Cruze as ordinary. It appeals to the enthusiast and it comes loaded with features. And with the latest revision its no longer having a killer price as well.

And in general, its not fair to keep Cruze with Figo and Eeco
Old 3rd June 2013, 20:48   #592
BHPian

Saw a Linea test car(Red plates) near Nal Stop, Pune. Not sure which model they are testing. Was having tea near-by and it passed me before I could click it. Didn't see any smoke, maybe petrol?
nim_peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 12:21   #593
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from one the NCR dealers a week ago - totally non T-Jet related , they called me to invite me to the showroom for a function.

I asked about the T-Jet (and said to hell with the function ) and he said expect in July. Mentioned that the news is it being available from June and said that they have got word saying July.

Not implying this is accurate at all , just updating everyone. Hope there will be no additional delays.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2013, 13:48   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
I asked about the T-Jet (and said to hell with the function ) and he said expect in July. Mentioned that the news is it being available from June and said that they have got word saying July.
This is not very good news

How authentic will be this piece of news?

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...june-10503.htm
Old 5th June 2013, 14:19   #595
Senior - BHPian

After the stunt FIAT pulled in April with the launch i simply cannot say how is right and who is wrong , i am hoping ofcourse that the sales person i spoke to at Fiat has the incorrect information , it would not be the first time that someone from the dealership knows less than what the market does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd.bell View Post
This is not very good news

How authentic will be this piece of news?

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...june-10503.htm
Old 6th June 2013, 07:34   #596
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat To Launch Linea T-Jet On 8th June.

Quote:
The event will take place at the Fiat Caffe in Delhi
http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/fiat-l...t-on-8th-june/[/COLOR]
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 11:28   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Fiat To Launch Linea T-Jet On 8th June.

I don't think FIAT is launching T-Jet on 8th June. FIAT has called for a press conference at FIAT Caffe, Delhi where Mr. Nagesh, FIAT MD will be addressing the media. May be he will talk about the launch date for T-Jet in this conference. Also, we can expect to hear some news on the Abarth as well

I had called Aadya Motors yesterday and they mentioned that T-Jet launch should happen sometime next week, not sure of the exact date. The test drive vehicle has been dispatched and they should receive it within couple of days.
floyd.bell is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 20:43   #598
Senior - BHPian

Fiat India's facebook page has been updated with the following photo:
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiat_cover_page.jpg

This could mean that there is a launch slated soon? Could be the T-jet.
Also, Chrysler group is the official partner of the superman movie 'man of steel'. So, could this be a launch from Chrysler? Jeep?
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 21:40   #599
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Fiat India's facebook page has been updated with the following photo:

This could mean that there is a launch slated soon? Could be the T-jet.
Also, Chrysler group is the official partner of the superman movie 'man of steel'. So, could this be a launch from Chrysler? Jeep?
Cannot be Jeep. Linea is clearly shown. Its got to be the Jet.

Man of Steel. Hmmm, suits FIAT cars.
Old 6th June 2013, 22:11   #600
Senior - BHPian

Yes. It has to be the TJet. Hope Fiat gives us atleast 2 models at competetive pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks