Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2013, 14:20   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

I am definitely in line for it , have been for a while now , hope they get all the information out fast , get test drives organized quickly and deliveries faster!! All goes well i am ready to book next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
^^So, I stand corrected. So, who all are going to buy one now?
Old 8th June 2013, 14:26   #617
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The Normal active is 7.12 and the Fire dynamic is 8.12. Starting at 7.60 means in all possibility that it is an Active level trim of the T-Jet. and all variants would be about 40-60,000 more expensive than the fire.

So that would logically out the ex-showroom of the tjet Dynamic at 8.60-8.60 and the Emotion possibly/hopefully at 9-9.20 Lacs. Since there is no Emotion variant for the 1.4 fire its a bit difficult to predict.

However if one goes historically which is that the Tjet Emotion was more expensive than the Diesel emotion , then the Tjet Emotion could carry an ex showroom price tag upwards of 9.60 Lacs.

Ofcourse , conjecture still at the end of the day.
We can compare with the Diesel prices since the equipment level would remain same between the Petrol and the Diesel. The difference between Active and Dynamic diesel is 1L and that between Dynamic and Emotion is 40k. So, if Active is priced at 7.6L, Dynamic will be 8.6L and Emotion can be priced around 9L Of course Optimistically speaking
Old 8th June 2013, 18:27   #618
BHPian

Guys calm down and be ready to hear the fact

I am at the fiat caffe in delhi as there is an event with cocktail here tonight and there are banners reading the linea tjet starts @ 7.6

The tjet launch is in Mumbai and happening on monday

Polo tsi @ 7.99 with dsg and much powerfull, more capable and a sedan at near about same price but with manual transmission so wats ur take on the pricing

Dont know if this would be for active or dynamic though
namit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 07:37   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh the cruelty of choice :-).

So looks like a clear choice between the fully loaded DSG Polo with compact dimensions (ease in crowded city driving/parking) but cramped interiors or a much bigger fully fledged base-spec sedan (assuming Active will not have ABS etc.) but with a manual gearbox.

Neither will enjoy good resale whether after 3 years or 5 years! Polo also saddled with the Mechatronics issue which COULD bite a owner in the unmentionables at some point in time ;-) T-Jet should be rock solid in terms of engine/transmission life.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 08:53   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Oh the cruelty of choice :-).

or a much bigger fully fledged base-spec sedan (assuming Active will not have ABS etc.) but with a manual gearbox.
As per the details given in the brochures / web-Site, T Jet has only two variants Dynamic and Emotion. Both has ABS & Airbags .

Kiran
Old 9th June 2013, 14:22   #621
Senior - BHPian

Fiat should also bring the Twinair engine that produces (at present maximum) 104 bhp in petrol version & 80 bhp in the CNG verion. In fact, the CNG engine is the World Green Engine Of The Year 2013 (report courtesy IAB - http://indianautosblog.com/2013/06/f...ear-2013-80174)

In CNG mode the engine manages 3.1L to 100 kms mileage . Please FIAL plonk the mill in Punto & unleash the same to Indians. Also, try introducing a CNG variant of the T-Jet, & I am sure your sales efforts will pay off.
Old 10th June 2013, 09:24   #622
BHPian

The T-Jet at a cut price will be a drool-worthy option.

On the subject of the Abarth Punto, initial reports in Jan / Feb had pegged the lauch date around June. But there seems to be absolutely no news on it. Magazines haven't mentioned it anywhere as well in their recent issues.

Has anyone heard anything on the Abarth Punto? When is the launch plan and is it going to be the T-Jet in Linea tune or a souped up version?
Old 10th June 2013, 10:34   #623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Guys calm down and be ready to hear the fact

I am at the fiat caffe in delhi as there is an event with cocktail here tonight and there are banners reading the linea tjet starts @ 7.6
How can it be?

Current petrol range is as follows.

Linea Active 1.4 Petrol - 7.12
Linea Dynamic 1.4 Petrol - 8.12

Linea Dynamic T-Jet - ??
Linea Emotion T-Jet - ??

When 1.4 NA petrol itself is priced at 8.12L for the dynamic variant, how can T-Jet be priced at 7.6L for the Dynamic?

UNLESS T-Jet is getting launched even in the Active variant (I highly doubt it since the website is already updated with model range) at a 50k premium over the NA versions.

EDIT: T-Jet has an ARAI rating higher than NA petrol? Never knew that. T-Jet gets 15.7 kmpl compared to 14.9 for the NA petrol.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th June 2013 at 10:42.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:43   #624
Senior - BHPian

At an ex-showroom price of 7.60 Lacs, this will probably be the Active variant of the Tjet and not Dynamic. As speculated above the Dynamic will probably be in the 8.5-8.75 range and the emotion above 9 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
How can it be?

Linea Dynamic T-Jet - ??
Linea Emotion T-Jet - ??

When 1.4 NA petrol itself is priced at 8.12L for the dynamic variant, how can T-Jet be priced at 7.6L for the Dynamic?

UNLESS T-Jet is getting launched even in the Active variant (I highly doubt it since the website is already updated with model range) at a 50k premium over the NA versions.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:50   #625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
At an ex-showroom price of 7.60 Lacs, this will probably be the Active variant of the Tjet and not Dynamic. As speculated above the Dynamic will probably be in the 8.5-8.75 range and the emotion above 9 Lacs
But isn't the website already updated with the model range? 1.4 NA petrol comes in Active and Dynamic variants, while 1.4 T-Jet comes in Dynamic and Emotion variants.

If the speculations about the 1.4 T-Jet Active is indeed true - I hope T-Jet is replacing the entire NA petrol engine range in the lineup. It should only be T-Jets and Multijets!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 10:53   #626
Senior - BHPian

You are right , the website has had the T-Jet listed since April 2013 which was the original time frame for the relaunch . And this is exactly what i made a note of a few posts back as well.

Either we will see an update to the website (hopefully today) with the Active variant listed or otherwise , shockingly, its the price for the Dynamic model. I highly doubt the latter as the T-Jet , for all logical reasons , should be more expensive than the 1.4 Fire across the range.

Quote:
But isn't the website already updated with the model range? 1.4 NA petrol comes in Active and Dynamic variants, while 1.4 T-Jet comes in Dynamic and Emotion variants.

If the speculations about the 1.4 T-Jet Active is indeed true - I hope T-Jet is replacing the entire NA petrol engine range in the lineup. It should only be T-Jets and Multijets!
Old 10th June 2013, 11:11   #627
BHPian

Quote:
How can it be?

Linea Dynamic T-Jet - ??
Linea Emotion T-Jet - ??

EDIT: T-Jet has an ARAI rating higher than NA petrol? Never knew that. T-Jet gets 15.7 kmpl compared to 14.9 for the NA petrol.
In another 4 hrs the mystery would unveil and by your logic i guess the petrol lineup to only have tjets and it makes sense too

And if this price is for the dynamic tjet then fiat got it spot on

Fingers crossed
Old 10th June 2013, 11:36   #628
Senior - BHPian

I hope there are not some 2012 cars parked somewhere? No idea but this has been the case with Puntos collected back from Tata-Fiat joint partnership. They are offereing 75 BHP Punto MJD for 4.90 - 4.99 Lac (Active). These cars have been produced between Oct - Dec 2012 and are available with the new Fiat exclusive dealers.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:04   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I hope there are not some 2012 cars parked somewhere? No idea but this has been the case with Puntos collected back from Tata-Fiat joint partnership. They are offereing 75 BHP Punto MJD for 4.90 - 4.99 Lac (Active). These cars have been produced between Oct - Dec 2012 and are available with the new Fiat exclusive dealers.
I don't think there was any remaining old stock of T-Jet / T-Jet+ from 2011/2012, else it would have been lapped up long, long back. Some of the last remaining pieces including even ex-demo cars were picked up by BHPians, updates of which were posted on the Linea T-Jet review thread.

Also, all old stocks will be offered at heavy discounts and the fact that they are old stocks (rotting in factory yard) will be conveyed to the customers before-hand I guess, since the VIN will always be there for proof of manufacture date. Even now, if you enquire about a Punto, the sales execs will usually offer the choice of getting old 2012 models at good discounts OR getting the 2013 model without too many freebies.

The T-Jet being launched now is the newly produced one with a couple of add-ons - automatic headlamps and automatic rain-sensing wipers, and perhaps an increased ground clearance of 185mm.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:07   #630
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely correct , the older stock was completely sold out. I was in line to buy one of those vehicles and then they were all exhausted.

There is one person who is reporting that the Tjet might get a touchscreen system - i am just posting this here for reference , not confirming that this would be present

It has also been reported that the new FIAT Linea T-Jet is likely to have many new features such as touch screen infotainment system, GPS and satellite navigation

http://automotivehorizon.sulekha.com..._newsitem_6980

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I don't think there was any remaining old stock of T-Jet / T-Jet+ from 2011/2012, else it would have been lapped up long, long back. Some of the last remaining pieces including even ex-demo cars were picked up by BHPians, updates of which were posted on the Linea T-Jet review thread.

Also, all old stocks will be offered at heavy discounts and the fact that they are old stocks (rotting in factory yard) will be conveyed to the customers before-hand I guess, since the VIN will always be there for proof of manufacture date. Even now, if you enquire about a Punto, the sales execs will usually offer the choice of getting old 2012 models at good discounts OR getting the 2013 model without too many freebies.

The T-Jet being launched now is the newly produced one with a couple of add-ons - automatic headlamps and automatic rain-sensing wipers, and perhaps an increased ground clearance of 185mm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks