Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 12:28   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The T-Jet being launched now is the newly produced one with a couple of add-ons - automatic headlamps and automatic rain-sensing wipers, and perhaps an increased ground clearance of 185mm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
It has also been reported that the new FIAT Linea T-Jet is likely to have many new features such as touch screen infotainment system, GPS and satellite navigation

http://automotivehorizon.sulekha.com..._newsitem_6980
Instead of this, they should address the basic issues such as uneven gaps, improper fit and finish (even on the 2012 models). Also, few basic features like eletronically folding ORVMs, larger bottle holders, AUX input, etc should be taken care of before going for anything else.

But looking at the features list on their website, I really dont think they would be offering anything radically different other than maybe an updated upholstery.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 10th June 2013 at 12:34.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 16:15   #632
tez
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

still no news.... prices are also missing on fiat india website
Old 10th June 2013, 16:22   #633
Senior - BHPian

Saw this just a few minutes before in FB...
Attached Images

sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 16:29   #634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Saw this just a few minutes before in FB...
Perhaps someone should remind them that some owners had already unleashed the "ultimate power" 2 years ago itself . Just some days ago, we were all commenting that their marketing department always lagged behind. Now Fiat is going all guns blazing, marketing and hyping up a production restart of a model which was already sold before. Quite funny to watch the extremes .

I wonder how this re-launch will dent the sales of Polo GT in the days coming ahead. If they price the T-Jet top variant competitively, it is a no-brainer for enthusiasts! As a T-Jet owner, I'm glad to see the product has made it back to the market finally. I don't have to worry about driving around a 'discontinued car' anymore *smiles*

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th June 2013 at 16:33.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:22   #635
BHPian

Linea T-Jet Prices announced:
Active Rs 7.6L, Dynamic Rs 8.4L, Emotion Rs 8.8L (ex-showroom, Delhi)

Active Rs 7.87L, Dynamic Rs 8.73L, Emotion Rs 9.11L (ex-showroom, Mumbai)

From Autocar India Twitter page:
Quote:
Autocar India ‏@autocarindiamag
2013 #Fiat #Linea #TJet Delhi prices >> Active Rs 7.6L, Dynamic Rs 8.4L, Emotion Rs 8.8L (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Quote:
Autocar India ‏@autocarindiamag
2013 #Fiat #Linea #TJet Mumbai prices >> Active Rs 7.87L, Dynamic Rs 8.73L, Emotion Rs 9.11L (ex-showroom, Mumbai)

Last edited by nipcarlover : 10th June 2013 at 17:23.
nipcarlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:23   #636
BHPian

2013 T-Jet Engine Features:

114 PS @ 5000 RPM

207 NM @ 2200 RPM

Highest torque offered in its segment. Around 30% more than the competition and more importantly at a much lower RPM.

15.7 kmpl ARAI

Focus has been more on City driveability, more so importantly on Stop n Go traffic conditions.

Comes in 3 Variants.

Active, Dynamic and Emotion

Active Feature List:
ABS
All 4 Disc brakes.
185mm GC
Electric OVRM
Auto On/Off Headlamps
Rain Sensing Wipers

* ABS+EBD Standard across all variants

Dynamic Features List
All features from Active +
Blue n Me
15" Alloy Wheels
Dual Airbags

Emotion Features List:
All Features of Dynamic +
16" Alloy Wheels
205/55 R16 tyres
190mm GC
Leather Seats

General Features
15000km Service Interval
3+2 yrs Warranty
57 Active Exlusive dealers
17 more coming up
TOTAL 74 Exclusive Dealerships

Mumbai Ex-showroom Prices

Line T-jet Active : 7.87 Lakhs
Line T-jet Dynamic : 8.73 Lakhs
Line T-jet Emotion : 9.11 Lakhs

Delhi Ex-showroom Prices

Line T-jet Active : 7.6 Lakhs
Line T-jet Dynamic : 8.4 Lakhs
Line T-jet Emotion : 8.8 Lakhs

source

Edit: For some reason the source does not show up, don't know if it is allowed to post from other forums.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 10th June 2013 at 17:31. Reason: added specs
basilmabraham is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 17:48   #637
BHPian

The price and feature combination looks delicious for sure. This might be the deal of the year for enthusiasts.

Really hope that FIAT has fixed the panel gaps and interior quality. If they can't fix it in half a decade, wonder why people would still trust them. One of my friends was totally sold on T-Jet 2 years back, but rejected it solely on the basis of interior quality (said it was worse than his Alto ).

But with just 30-40k difference between 1.4 FIRE and T-Jet, wonder why the 1.4 even exists - it is less powerful, has lower claimed efficiency, no all-round discs. I see no point in having the variant, especially when the market is not absolutely crazy for it.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:58   #638
Team-BHP Support

The Active version or even the Dynamic version of the T-Jet can be a tuner's delight. For someone who wants to mod the heck out of a turbo-petrol (doesn't care about losing the bells and whistles) yet doesn't want to compromise on safety aspects of ABS and Airbags, or all-disc setup, this (T-Jet+ active) is the perfect recipe for modification nirvana southwards of 15L.

My guess is they might soon discontinue the 90PS FIRE variants, since there is no reason for them to continue to exist! They are neither significantly cheaper to buy, nor are they significantly more efficient than their turbo'ed counterparts.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th June 2013 at 18:00.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:08   #639
BHPian

I would think that the Emotion is pretty good value as it comes with 16" wheels and tires which would easily cost >30k and leather seats which would again easily be >20k for the Italian leather for a mere 40k extra over the Dynamic. Whether one wants these is a point of personal preference. Personally, I would not mind spending 40k for leather and 16" wheels. I would not go for the Active as it does not have airbags, and in a fast car like this, I feel airbags are essential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The Active version or even the Dynamic version of the T-Jet can be a tuner's delight. For someone who wants to mod the heck out of a turbo-petrol (doesn't care about losing the bells and whistles) yet doesn't want to compromise on safety aspects of ABS and Airbags, or all-disc setup, this (T-Jet+ active) is the perfect recipe for modification nirvana southwards of 15L.
Agreed, tuning potential is quite massive as turbo'ed engines are normally easier to tune. Also, the Linea has pretty much the best suspension setup this side of 15 lacs, meaning that whatever extra power is generated can easily be handled by the chassis without the need to upgrade the suspension/brakes unlike many other cars in the segment.

Last edited by nipcarlover : 10th June 2013 at 18:10. Reason: Added a point
nipcarlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 18:13   #640
BHPian

Wow! The active variant's quite loaded too. Basic safety features like all disc brakes, ABS and EBD are there and it is a seriously tempting buy.

I hope this killer pricing continues into the new Linea when it gets launched in early 2014. Remember that the 2014 Linea will get the T-Jet (along with the 1.6 MJD), while the current one will become the Linea Classic and will get the NA 1.4 engine and the 1.3 MJD.

EDIT: Just as I said this, Hormazd Sorabjee tweets: "Don't expect new Fiats for next couple of years. Mild refreshes is all you'll get. Company betting big on Jeep in short term"

Then what about that big presentation they had where they talked about the new Linea and Punto in 2014 etc etc? Anyways, I'm happy with this T-Jet launch for now.

I guess that we may get the Turkey facelift in 2014.

Last edited by amitg79 : 10th June 2013 at 18:22.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:18   #641
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
I would think that the Emotion is pretty good value as it comes with 16" wheels and tires which would easily cost >30k and leather seats which would again easily be >20k for the Italian leather for a mere 40k extra over the Dynamic. Whether one wants these is a point of personal preference. Personally, I would not mind spending 40k for leather and 16" wheels. I would not go for the Active as it does not have airbags, and in a fast car like this, I feel airbags are essential.
Absolutely! Even back when it was called the T-Jet+ (emotion as it is called now), I found that there was amazing value for money in this product at a 10.5-11L price tag. 16" wheels, 205/55R16 tyres, all 4 discs, leather seats, superb handling and the feel of the turbo-petrol engine itself make it superb value for money for an enthusiast. Paying an extra 60-70k for those is very well justified when buying the car for personal use. Retrofitting those extras outside will run into over a lac rupees.

I was referring to the Active version's tuning potential, because those customers will anyway be stripping away all these bells and whistles (which they might consider useless) and fitting aftermarket stuff or might even tune the car for motorsports, so they just need the core product when modifying it.

Last edited by KarthikK : 10th June 2013 at 18:33.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:39   #642
BHPian

Mouth watering prices indeed for a turbo charged drop dead gorgeous sedan. The 'expensive' Polo TSI may get directly affected.

KarthikK - Since you own a t-jet, pls clarify:
1. will the increased GC in Emotion variant affect handling badly to the extent of being a deal breaker, especially for Linea's reputation?
2. will the increased rim size and tire width in Emotion result in odo errors? how is Fiat handling the errors across variants. sorry for this noob query.

I wish Fiat the best. It deserves good tailwinds in India.
Old 10th June 2013, 19:15   #643
BHPian

I week back I took a test drive of the current version (Linea 1.4L Fire). I noticed humming sound while driving, as if it is cabin shell resonance. I was a bit surprised because I thought Fiat car body shells are heavy. Has anyone else noticed such a thing? Will the T-Jet be any different? Will try to test drive the T-Jet over the weekend.
Old 10th June 2013, 19:20   #644
Senior - BHPian

Now only thing I hate is its GC, what the heck man, I don't want a suv kinda gc in a car, which is otherwise a drivers delight.

The 15" alloys in dynamic looks puny, with 185 GC. And obviously it does affect the handling as well.
Old 10th June 2013, 22:50   #645
BHPian

Absolutely, utterly insane pricing ! Having just bought one used, the 2013 Tjet prices are a bit of a pleasant (and unpleasant for those like me) surprise. I fully expected the prices to higher in fact, than those in 2011/12 , given the excise structure and overall car price hikes. So color me shocked !

The Active variant is the big surprise, though a not that feature packed based on what I remember of regular Linea brochures.

The Dynamic TJet less than Polo TSI ??? Guess VW won't be selling too many TSIs except for the ones looking for an autobox in the first place - the enthusiasts probably will shift preference to the Linea.

How did they drop the price this much , probably savings in import duty , seemingly from what I read about the engines being fully manufacturer in India now.

Last edited by Ricci : 10th June 2013 at 22:52.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks