Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2013, 17:50   #676
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
However- another unsung hero is the refinement. A diesel will always be a diesel. The way TJet screams in the turbo zone is a welcome change from the diesel clatter- one encourages you to push it more, the other requests you to back off the throttle.
Totally agree with you there. Being a petrol, the refinement is in a different league altogether, and like you perfectly put it, the T-Jet's low-bass growling exhaust note urges the driver to push the revs higher. In comparison the MultiJet howls and clatters beyond 3k on the tacho, prompting the driver to upshift earlier and get out of the noise zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
CD sir. I am looking for a replacement for my 2010 Fiesta 1.6. With my Fiesta ,my legs starts aching in B2B traffic. I believe its due to long clutch travel. Will T-Jet fit the bill?
My opinion is you should probably check out the T-Jet on a test drive and specifically check the pedal ergonomics before taking a decision. Ergonomics are a very personal thing and comfort level varies from person to person. Most Fiats, including the T-Jet are known for longer-than-usual clutch travel, but it is something you will get used to in a while. That said, the T-Jet's seats are extremely comfortable and cause almost zero fatigue even after 500-600 km of continuous driving. The cockpit area itself is very spacious too. Overall ergonomics are very decent.

On the clutch travel, I am 6'1" and I drive the Punto Sport for 70km everyday in B2B traffic. The clutch travel used to bother me for the first week, but later my feet just got used to it. Ditto with the T-Jet.

If this is something which bothers you a lot and could be a deal breaker, a Fiat of the current crop may not be the right car for you. Both T-Jets and MultiJets have long clutch travel, and some people find Fiat ergonomics strange. Only you can decide how bad/good it is. On a lighter note, after a test drive I'd be surprised if you overlook that gem of an engine for pedal comfort .

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th June 2013 at 18:08.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 17:57   #677
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
CD sir. I am looking for a replacement for my 2010 Fiesta 1.6. With my Fiesta ,my legs starts aching in B2B traffic. I believe its due to long clutch travel. Will T-Jet fit the bill?
Though this question was meant for CD, but I can also confirm that T-Jet also have a very long clutch travel.
If this is one of the main criteria for your purchase, you will be really disappointed.

The Ad shown in puchoo's post justifies the car's image and I remember it seeing it regularly on TV but lemme tell you, at that time it was not even 0.01% possibility of me buying that car otherwise I would've definitely watched it with more interest.

Last edited by carwatcher : 12th June 2013 at 18:03.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2013, 19:41   #678
BHPian

The detailed specs and features of the T-Jet are up on Fiat's website. Below is the link to the same. The Active variant does not have ABS with all 4 Disk brakes. The prices are not updated though.

http://www.fiat-india.com/specifications/?vehicle=Linea

Last edited by Torque123 : 12th June 2013 at 19:43.
Old 12th June 2013, 20:04   #679
BHPian

^ as pointed in another thread, that site is screwed up. does not work/display features correctly.
Old 12th June 2013, 20:44   #680
BHPian

As of now all discussion is on the new Linea. I suggest all discussion after the launch this week should be moved to the official test drive thread so that all discussion on the new Linea TJet can be centralised.
Old 12th June 2013, 21:56   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque123 View Post
The detailed specs and features of the T-Jet are up on Fiat's website. Below is the link to the same. The Active variant does not have ABS with all 4 Disk brakes. The prices are not updated though.

The prices seem to be somewhat in line with what has been quoted in the last few pages. This is what I see as the Bangalore prices:

Active Rs.7,82,210
Dynamic Rs.8,65,555
Emotion Rs.9,02,210
Old 13th June 2013, 09:08   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It even displays the Active variant to have an efficiency of 20.4kmpl while the Dynamic and Emotion variants have 15.7kmpl Basically it appears that they have simply copy-pasted the Active MJD variant features into Tjet Active variant

The prices displayed for Pune appears to be in line though.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 13th June 2013 at 09:09.
Old 13th June 2013, 09:47   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post

It even displays the Active variant to have an efficiency of 20.4kmpl while the Dynamic and Emotion variants have 15.7kmpl Basically it appears that they have simply copy-pasted the Active MJD variant features into Tjet Active variant

The prices displayed for Pune appears to be in line though.
True about the copy paste job. Ever since the new website was up, it's showing 4 disc brakes for the emotion diesel variant. Oh Fiat..:-)
Old 13th June 2013, 15:53   #684
BHPian

Quote:

Received a call from the Fiat SA (Chennai Velachery showroom). He says Active variant has all 4 disk brakes, ABS, Auto headlamps and rain sensing wipers. The on-road price is 8.8L. He has promised to bring the car this weekend for a test drive.
Old 13th June 2013, 19:02   #685
BHPian

The Linea brochure clearly says that the Active T-jet comes with all four disc brakes
Old 13th June 2013, 19:21   #686
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moderator Note : Please continue all T-Jet discussions in the Official Review Thread

Thanks!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2013, 13:07   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Phoolbagan would mean, i assume, at Beliaghata Main Road, where there is a temple on the road right?

I don't know whether this is the same Garodia, but there was one notorious Garodia Distributors or some such named outfit quite some time back in Kolkata. They were in the auto workshop business having started with Daewoo and then switched to Tata Motors. Their Tata workshop was located behind Ruby General Hospital area.
In fact, according to a close friend of mine, who was responsible for Tata Motor's after sales operations in Kolkata region, Tata Motors was on track to de-recognise Garodia. I do not know whether finally that happened or not. Then the reasons cited were many, starting from inefficiencies at the workshop, customer billing issues, spare parts issues, poor customer experience etc, etc.
If this is the same party/outfit, maybe it is worth checking out its antecedents before you put your hard earned money on the new metal.
Perhaps the first report on Garodia Automobiles here. Doesn't matter. It was around a month back and I was excited that a FIAT service center has opened doors in the city. Have had bad experiences with the service earlier. Then I thought to myself - that was Tata-Fiat. And things should be better now. Called up the service, asked for directions. It is indeed the same one - behind Ruby Hospital. What I saw was an eyesore - Old unpainted walls with stickers and posters of Tata cars and engine oils. Bad vibes. Could also mean Fiat wants to get on with it quickly so customers are not inconvenienced, I thought. Felt good. Benefit of doubt given to Fiat. Was made to wait for 15-20 minutes with no evident reason. A couple of not so well dressed people talking among themselves. Patience. Enter the car advisor. I was shocked for a moment to see it is the same guy from KB Motors where I have had many mishaps with my car - one of them being when they had managed to pour water into my music system and the supervisor denied the possibility. Needless to say, the Head Unit was no longer working and I had to get it changed. I did not post it here or take it up with Fiat, because, frankly, I was fed up of their callousness and could not care less. Then, I was excited and optimistic, like a lot of others when I heard that Fiat is going solo and opening new dealerships and service centers. My AC was blowing warm air and I had to get the glow plugs replaced. The car was delivered in a day or two - the glow plug lights had gone off but the unusual sound on ignition remained. The AC seemed to be working fine. So I paid and drove off. Next morning, I was puzzled to find that the AC has stopped working again. Called the guy up and he asked me to get the car to the service center and said they'll get it looked into immediately. Everybody makes mistakes. Big deal. Benefit of doubt given to Fiat. So I drove all the way to Fiat service, got the car inspected. He asked me to leave the car and said he'll get the car inspected properly this time and get back to me by next evening. When I asked why they didn't do so previously, he said "aap log hi toh gaadi jaldi chhodne ke liye pressure deta hai, isliye hum log chhod diya". Great. That's meeting customer expectations, I thought to myself. Anyways, I gave the keys to him and walked off. Got a call from him next day saying the AC evaporator has to be replaced. When I told him I have the extended warranty, got to know it cannot be used because the system is being upgraded or something. I didn't have the patience to argue and I had to get it changed ASAP because of the sweltering heat in Calcutta at that time. Took 3-4 days to complete the work, got a call from them and went to take delivery. Was surprised to see gas charging added to the bill again and told the guy that it was done just last week and leaked because of a fault at their end. He gave me a silly and went in to speak to Mr. Garodia. After a 15 minute discussion, he came out, pleased with himself, and said "aapko 50% discount de rahe hai, theek hai?" I said okay, paid and took the car away. It wasn't so quick though as the guy on the counter was not to be found for quite sometime. As I was driving, I found that they had managed to misalign the accelerator pedal 2-3 inches above the other two and it was quite a pain to drive that way. Been a month using my car like that with the clutch and front left suspension needing some attention and I'm not sure where to take my Punto to because each time they fix one issue, they create another.

Question to bhpians - Benefit of doubt given to Fiat? If not, what can we do?
Old 25th June 2013, 14:03   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
Sorry to see that the old Garodia. I referred your post to my TML friend and these were exactly the reasons why TML axed Garodia out.

You may try ALOK AUTOMOBILES on EM Bypass (opp. Vishwakarma bldg.)
They are independent workshop and the best available in Kol at the moment. Contact person is Sazid Ali.
Old 25th June 2013, 16:47   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Sorry to see that the old Garodia.

You may try ALOK AUTOMOBILES on EM Bypass (opp. Vishwakarma bldg.)
I went to that place for suspension related and other work very recently and must say it was the best car service for the Punto yet.
Old 25th June 2013, 17:06   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concorde View Post
...I was excited that a FIAT service center has opened doors in the city. Have had bad experiences with the service earlier. Then I thought to myself - that was Tata-Fiat. And things should be better now. .... What I saw was an eyesore - Old unpainted walls with stickers and posters of Tata cars and engine oils. Bad vibes. ...

Concorde, same experience and feeling for me in Mumbai also.
I was happy when Balaji Motors started a Fiat Exclusive service centre in Thane. The place was good, service, attitude, location better than earlier Tata Motors' centre. But the place is 40-50km from my place.
Last week they called to say they have opened a branch in Turbhe, Navi Mumbai, which is close to my place. Went there as I had to change tyres and the place was bad - bad location, all dirty and unclean in a very narrow lane. They are sharing space with Force service centre. In this case, benefit of doubt cannot be given to Fiat. I am surprised no one from Fiat visited the place before allowing Balaji to start the centre. (If they have approved this after visiting the place, then there is no hope for fiat).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks