Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 11:21   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Abarth Punto comes with MultiAir technology, doesn't it? Or, is the MultiAir available only with Essesse variant?
Yes, the Abarth Punto in Europe comes with Multi-Air. But the Abarth uses a few different components, including a larger turbo. The 1.4 Multi-Air Turbo in the Abarth gives 165PS or 180PS with the Essesse kit. The older standard Abarth 1.4 gave 155/180PS.

The standard Punto too comes with a Multi-Air Turbo, that gives a more modest 135PS. This engine is sort of the succesor of the T-jet engine we get here in India as of now.
Old 27th August 2013, 12:06   #782
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
By the way no news about Fiat 500L/XL?
I dont know, and I didnt ask. Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
IMO this should be the Panda, which is a tall hatch, much to the liking of middle class, which are the primary market/ buyers in this segment.
Panda would be as expensive as the Punto. Maybe they could get it and position it between the Uno and the new Punto.
I guess the Uno would be targetted at the Beat/ Figo range at least in the diesel. Unless they do further cost cutting and aim it at the alto/ eon range.

Issues with image could be addressed by a name change for a start!
Old 30th August 2013, 22:43   #783
BHPian

Some news on the Ecosport rival. The mini SUV is designed with Brazil in mind and benchmarked with Ecosport. So another sub 4m SUV for India?
IAB's news item-
Quote:
Our friends at Autossegredos.com.br report that Fiat, the leading automaker in Brazil, is currently developing a mini SUV to compete with the EcoSport. Codenamed Project 338, the new car will have its inputs based on the market requirements in Brazil.

This spyshot doesn’t show any prototype of the Project 338 but points out the rival products against which it’s being benchmarked. The EcoSport is an obvious candidate and accompanying it are a couple of Mitsubishi TR4 (probably a 4×2 and a 4×4 version) and the Suzuki SX4.

The benchmark products suggest that the Project 338 is a B Segment Crossover in the making. The segment in question is growing leaps and bounds, not only in Brazil but throughout the world.

The whereabouts of the new SUV are still unknown but it would be made at the Italian carmaker’s upcoming Brazilian plant in the state of Pernambuco. The new facility will build the SUV alongside a new pickup truck that is codenamed Project 226. Both the new products would reportedly use a new range of powertrains.

The Fiat Project 338 seems to be in the initial phases of development and the first prototypes are expected to surface in early 2014.
Link - http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/f...v-brazil-93757
Old 30th August 2013, 23:34   #784
BHPian

Scoop..!! Spotted Linea "Classic" Version.

I was on my way in Pune for an official meeting. The Car was just ahead of me, couldnt click more pics, as we stopped due to our driver received a call.

Then, the car got lost in the traffic.

Apologies for a blurry pic, taken from my mobile camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-30082013121.jpg  

sharma_sanjeevi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 15:14   #785
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Came across these pics on Rushlane. Also i read somewhere that Fiat is planning a soft launch for Jeep later in the year or an 'unveiling' event which is the trend nowadays!

http://www.rushlane.com/jeep-grand-c...g-1287884.html

Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeepgrandcherokeespyshotsindia2013and2014models1.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeepgrandcherokeespyshotsindia2013and2014models5.jpg
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 15:32   #786
BHPian

It would be great if cherokee is launched in India. What could be the expected price for it OTR? any clues?
Old 31st August 2013, 17:37   #787
BHPian

The are testing 2013 and 2014 models of these SUVs, why so? Why do they want to launch an older model along with the latest one? IMO they should start with the latest offering.
Old 1st September 2013, 13:20   #788
BHPian

Really surprising to see the way companies launches upgraded version of their products. I prefer the current version of Fiat Linea over the upcoming version. I always consider the front grille of current Linea is one of the most beautiful one.
Old 1st September 2013, 13:43   #789
Senior - BHPian

The new Linea ad seems to have hit the mark right as far as publicity is concerned! My neighbor uncle was keen on finding more about Punto and Linea and was asking me today about the 'amazing new features' in 'new Linea'. He admitted he was not much aware of Linea and said he would definitely consider it when he plans to upgrade his car early next year or so.
Old 1st September 2013, 14:30   #790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
The are testing 2013 and 2014 models of these SUVs, why so? Why do they want to launch an older model along with the latest one? IMO they should start with the latest offering.
Many have seen the jeep being tested. I saw a pack of 4 on the NH4. Here is one of them

Fiat's India strategy revealed-dsc_0076a3.jpg
Old 1st September 2013, 15:25   #791
Senior - BHPian

Assuming you are referring to the "US return" ad , i liked it (not loved) as well - a bit limited given it basically talks of only 2 features - but more importantly i am glad fiat is doing something new to promote the cars , its required and a little marketing push from their side will improve numbers i am sure.

What they also need is an AD for the T-Jet , they have been promoting the car extensively on their Facebook page but unfortunately that's not going to cut it , need to create a bit more noise on that car... their agency seems to be working in the right direction in terms of copy and creatives and how they are trying to communicate the T-Jet , but we need a new AD for her as well and not simply run 2 year old ads again.

Posting the new ad below just in case someone has not seen it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
The new Linea ad seems to have hit the mark right as far as publicity is concerned! My neighbor uncle was keen on finding more about Punto and Linea and was asking me today about the 'amazing new features' in 'new Linea'. He admitted he was not much aware of Linea and said he would definitely consider it when he plans to upgrade his car early next year or so.
Old 1st September 2013, 21:01   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post

I did not like 2014 interior much.
=====Since i am getting good discount, i finalized deal.
First of all congrats!!!

Looks like these images are from Left Hand Drive car
Old 1st September 2013, 22:53   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by epranay View Post
First of all congrats!!!

Looks like these images are from Left Hand Drive car
Thanks epranay. Yes the image is of a 2014 Linea already available in Turkey. India will be getting it in another 4 to 6 months.

Last edited by djay99 : 1st September 2013 at 22:54.
Old 16th September 2013, 12:56   #794
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat India to introduce seven new models.

The company had recently unveiled the Grande Punto Sport, and now we will soon see the Abarth Punto and the Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler by the end of this year. These make it three for this year.

The currently sold Linea will get a facelift in the coming six months. There will be the Linea Classic also available in the market that will be lighter in weight and with lesser features than the existing Linea.
The Linea Classic will have the same 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine, but the power could be reduced to 75bhp. This will compete in the C segment. In the second half of 2014, the Linea will be available only with a 1.4-litre T-Jet engine and 1.6-litre multijet.

To further diversify its portfolio, Fiat will introduce the Punto Adventure, that will be something similar to the VW Cross Polo.

The Italian manufacturer is also planning compact SUVs in the B and C segments.
The B segment will have the Fiat badge, while the C segment will get the Jeep branding. This makes seven models for the company, which doesn’t include the facelift of the Linea.

The B and C segment SUVs will be powered by 1.4-litre T-Jet and 1.6-litre multijet engines. The company will be selling Fiat, Abarth and Jeep brands under one roof. This will take their current portfolio to nine products by the end of 2016.

http://www.cardekho.com/india-car-ne...dels-11268.htm
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 13:56   #795
BHPian

I also feel that Jeep and Fiat will share the same roof since otherwise they could not have managed to find so many dealers given the limited number of vehicles that they sell.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks