Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2014, 09:16   #1096
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

I read somewhere that the facelifted Linea is coming with all new interiors? Is this true? What are the other new features coming in?
Old 22nd February 2014, 09:33   #1097
BHPian

Any chance of the top variants of the new Linea coming equipped with Electrically Foldable side mirrors?
Old 22nd February 2014, 11:42   #1098
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

New Linea

The pricing is now available as per this website http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-373053.aspx

And this website has listed the features in the variants... http://www.motoroids.com/news/fiat-l...s-list-inside/

Those with inside information can confirm authenticity.
Thanks.

- Sridhar
Old 22nd February 2014, 14:45   #1099
BHPian

Specifications of the New Linea. Quality of fit and finish looks top notch.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-new-linea-specifications.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 22nd February 2014 at 14:49.
damager21 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 16:32   #1100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
...Quality of fit and finish looks top notch.
Did you have a look at the new Linea? Any pics?
Old 22nd February 2014, 17:16   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Sadly though the oceanic blue is discontinued. Apart from Tuscan wine, no dark(leaving black) shades.
Base T-jet looks exciting. Apart from airbags, its pretty feature packed for a base model.

Last edited by fz_rider : 22nd February 2014 at 17:19.
Old 23rd February 2014, 00:40   #1102
BHPian

How on earth do they manage to increase the kerb weight of the vehicle? Its 1268 Kgs now. But very good to hear the car follows what it has to, "Build Quality".
Naparajito is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 08:55   #1103
Team-BHP Support

Some pics of the Punto facelift -

Source - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...exclusive.html

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140223wa003.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140223wa000.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140223wa002.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-img20140223wa001.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 09:19   #1104
Senior - BHPian

/\ /\ WoW!! So finally we get to see refreshed interiors in Punto. Do I see beige or is it light grey?
From the pics, the interiors seems to be similar to the new Linea's. As per people who saw the interiors of the new linea at the Auto expo, the quality of the materials used are top notch (read this in few other forums). Expecting the same quality in Punto too.
Old 24th February 2014, 09:22   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Some pics of the Punto facelift -
Thank you CrAzY dRiVeR for sharing that link. I for one, am really thankful that fiat have not messed up the looks of Punto, which IMO they have with the new F/L Linea.

On the Flipside, Punto really gets one of the 2 main things it always deserved, an exquisite interior to match that jaw-dropping exterior.

If only, Fiat obliges with the other thing that Punto missed, A "T-JET" LIKE ENGINE.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 09:33   #1106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Do I see beige or is it light grey?
Looks beige to me. Would have preferred black, however mass market will like beige + beige looks better any day compared to the grey it came with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
As per people who saw the interiors of the new linea at the Auto expo, the quality of the materials used are top notch (read this in few other forums). Expecting the same quality in Punto too.
Quality is much better than current ones, and looks upmarket too. However - I do not expect features like Cruise Control and Interior Ambience lighting making it to the Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I for one, am really thankful that fiat have not messed up the looks of Punto, which IMO they have with the new F/L Linea.
I am of the opinion that the Linea facelift looks better in person than what the pics suggest - Quality of few parts like the front Chrome grill felt nice and chunky. Although the rear looks a bit confused now - its still a clean design and the black strip at the rear takes away the bulky feel.

TJet in a Punto would have been nice, but sadly FIAT wont play an aggressive game. Hope atleast the Avventura will get a TJet Motor.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 10:26   #1107
Senior - BHPian

^^ The alloys look awesome. Very similar to the Abarth Punto alloys. Fellow Bhpian Hemant has just sourced these from the UK for his Punto !

Fiat's India strategy revealed-picture1.jpg
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 11:20   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I read somewhere that the facelifted Linea is coming with all new interiors? Is this true? What are the other new features coming in?
There are changes , including the dashboard but not everything is new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Sadly though the oceanic blue is discontinued. Apart from Tuscan wine, no dark(leaving black) shades.
Base T-jet looks exciting. Apart from airbags, its pretty feature packed for a base model.
Oh! I was not aware of that , thanks! i think the oceanic blue was quite a nice color and was getting to be quite popular with new owners as well , better get my denting / painting sorted out before there is no blue paint left!
Old 24th February 2014, 11:34   #1109
BHPian

Thanks CD,

Interiors do look upmarket with black & beige combo plus those light seat fabric will bring much needed freshness & airy feel which otherwise was lacking in current black & grey combo.

Like the masses, I also personally like beige combos.

Alloys are stunning as well.

Hope the launch is not very far.
Old 24th February 2014, 12:40   #1110
Senior - BHPian

Million Thanks @ CrAzY dRiVeR !

My Punto dreams start kicking again.

Hope this time it will be a pure quality (interior fit and finish) product for the money we pay. Those alloys are drool worthy too.

Just wish that they will plonk T-jet into the sports version.

Cheers!

Vinu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks