Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2014, 12:54   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

The Punto interiors look good!!

Just thinking loud here, will it be possible to replace the plastics of the old dashboard and door trims with the new one? 99 RPM tells me that the entire dashboard for the existing Punto Dynamic comes for Rs 5.xx K, the door panels cost around 5.xx K too. So for approximately 30-35K one can get the plastics changed, provided they fit and are not too much more than the existing ones.

Last edited by vibbs : 24th February 2014 at 13:08.
Old 24th February 2014, 14:40   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Presenting pic of the Jeep Laredo (small SUV based on Fiat 500L):

Fiat's India strategy revealed-jeeplaredoandfiat500xsidebyside1024x568.jpg

(Courtesy worldscoop.forumpro.fr)
CARDEEP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2014, 16:47   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Link to ACI's review of the 2014 Fiat Linea:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-373228,0.aspx

Excerpts:

Quote:
The changes to the exterior and especially the interior, however, are what have really transformed this car – it definitely feels more upmarket and premium now. Most of all, now that Fiat is quickly establishing its own strong dealership network, and with an attractive price range of Rs 7.6-9.8 lakh, the Linea is well poised to claw its way back into the mid-size sedan rankings.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 24th February 2014 at 16:49.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 13:56   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Cartoq have caught the Punti facelift testing outside Fiat’s Ranjangaon factory, off Pune. Here is one of the pics:

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2014fiatgrandepuntospyshot3.jpg

& link to their report:

http://www.cartoq.com/fiat-grande-pu...ed-inside-out/
Old 27th February 2014, 10:22   #1115
BHPian

The alloys are really good. Punto, with the revamped interiors should for once dominate the mid-hatch segment. They really took their eyes off the ball in interiors and features, otherwise they would've been the best selling hatch a long time back..
Old 27th February 2014, 13:51   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Autocar reports new Linea price & features, to be officially launched on 4th Mar.

New Linea starts at Rs 7.64L for petrol & goes upto Rs 9.79 L for Emotion diesel.
Called up the Chennai dealer to check discounts on existing T-Jet. They are offering up to Rs. 1 Lac off the on-road price for existing 2014 Linea T-Jets. No discounts at all on the upcoming all-new Linea.

IMO, the existing T-Jet looks better than the new one and there are no feature differences in the Dynamic variant, which I consider to be the best value. So a good time to take the plunge on that T-Jet, I guess.
Old 1st March 2014, 11:40   #1117
BHPian

Thankfully they have retained the front end. Even the change of Dashboard is quite welcome. However regarding the alloys, although this looks similar to the Abarth one, but has too many spokes to be as good looking.

Refer the post below

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
^^ The alloys look awesome. Very similar to the Abarth Punto alloys. Fellow Bhpian Hemant has just sourced these from the UK for his Punto !

Attachment 1211283
It would be a nightmare to maintain them.
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:23   #1118
Senior - BHPian

More pics of the Jeep Renegade (Fiat 500X based SUV):

Fiat's India strategy revealed-kuxlarge.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-kuxlarge-1.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-kuxlarge-2.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-kuxlarge-3.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-0_0_860_httpi.haymarket.net.augalleries20140303035241_jeeprenegade2.jpg

Courtesy Jalopnik & ACI.
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:50   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
More pics of the Jeep Renegade
Those look like speculative VFX renders to me. Not photographs?!

Besided thay're different from the car in the first pic (which also doesn't look genuine).

Anyway will the micro-Jeep be made/ sold in India?
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:52   #1120
Senior - BHPian

More pics of the Punto from Pune, courtesy Team-Fiat:

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpuntofaceliftrearspiedmotoroids600x450.jpg.pagespeed.ce.xdsi2iztrl.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpuntofaceliftinteriorspied2600x450.jpg.pagespeed.ce.54tbhulww0.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpuntofaceliftinteriorspied600x450.jpg.pagespeed.ce.nr7mp4wklh.jpg
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:05   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
The Punto interiors look good!!

Just thinking loud here, will it be possible to replace the plastics of the old dashboard and door trims with the new one? 99 RPM tells me that the entire dashboard for the existing Punto Dynamic comes for Rs 5.xx K, the door panels cost around 5.xx K too. So for approximately 30-35K one can get the plastics changed, provided they fit and are not too much more than the existing ones.
There is more to it.

New Head Unit, new passenger airbag, new Blue&Me unit, new Instrument console, and some more. Easily crosses a lakh in terms of money.
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:33   #1122

The headrests look integrated and this looks like the 90hp model since it has chrome handles. So i guess it will be standard across the range. Not a good move in my opinion.
Old 3rd March 2014, 16:42   #1123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
There is more to it.

New Head Unit, new passenger airbag, new Blue&Me unit, new Instrument console, and some more. Easily crosses a lakh in terms of money.
I would be more than happy to just take the new door panels and glove box to covert the interiors to beige. That should make the interiors airy atleast along with a beige seat cover
Old 3rd March 2014, 18:50   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Presenting pic of the Jeep Laredo (small SUV based on Fiat 500L):

Attachment 1211454

(Courtesy worldscoop.forumpro.fr)
The Jeep image is not genuine, and its not a small SUV by any mean, I have seen it in flesh and drove it too. And of course Jeep Laredo is not a new SUV.

Looks like some Photoshop trial..

Here is the link to see 2014 GC Laredo
http://www.jeep.com/en/2014/grand-ch...os/#filter=all

Last edited by asdon : 3rd March 2014 at 18:58.
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:47   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
The Jeep image is not genuine, and its not a small SUV by any mean, I have seen it in flesh and drove it too. And of course Jeep Laredo is not a new SUV.

Looks like some Photoshop trial..

Here is the link to see 2014 GC Laredo
http://www.jeep.com/en/2014/grand-ch...os/#filter=all

Asdon, it's not the GC Laredo that's being discussed. It's the all new baby Jeep based on the FIAT 500X.

Not sure if you really got a chance to lay your hands on it, as it's still under testing and will be showcased tomorrow at the Geneva Motor show.

The images above could be speculative renders, but considering the reputation of Jalopnik, I think that's what we will see tomorrow at Geneva.

Most Viewed