Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2014, 00:29   #1261
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Fiat is clearing stocks of the old Punto. Got this mailer couple of days ago
Are they coming up with a new alloy design for the Punto refresh?

Name:  image001.png
Views: 3168
Size:  312.6 KB
Old 5th May 2014, 09:05   #1262
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

2014 Fiat Punto base variant spotted - courtesy Autocolumn.

1.Fiat has developed a complete new grille and bumper design for the new Fiat Punto.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1.jpg

2.Rear bumper also looks completely new designed - more rugged looks

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2.jpg

3.New headlamp and LED tail lamp cluster

Fiat's India strategy revealed-3.jpg

4. The dashboard is carried from new Fiat Linea in two tone combination of black and beige colour. The test mule spotted was base variant of the car without audio unit though AC and powersteering will remain in base variant offerings.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2014fiatpuntodashboard.jpg

5. 2014 Fiat Punto alloys design same as 2010 Fiat Punto Evo

Fiat's India strategy revealed-5.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-6.jpg

http://www.autocolumn.com/2014/05/au...riant-spotted/
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 21:11   #1263
BHPian

Happy news for all fiat owners on south part of Bangalore .Received an SMS that Vecto motors have opened a new service center in Mysore road near RV engg college
Old 5th May 2014, 21:32   #1264
BHPian

Looks fabulous. I just hope Fiat gets a bit creative and offers some off beat color options on the 2014 Punto (a la Fiat Palio purple)

Also, always trust Fiat to offer snazzy looking alloys. From the rotary dial design on the Palio to the turbine design on the Linea, and now this.
Old 5th May 2014, 22:14   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
I just hope Fiat gets a bit creative and offers some off beat color options on the 2014 Punto (a la Fiat Palio purple)

Believe me, I had it for 10 years, and it was quite a head turner.
Old 5th May 2014, 22:29   #1266
BHPian

I second the demand for more, brighter, louder colours for the new Punto and the Avventura later in the year. It may be that Fiat has missed a trick by only offering relatively conservative, 'mature sedan owner' colours on the new Linea. We very much like the 'Sunbeam Gold' on our new Linea T-jet, but still!
Old 6th May 2014, 11:42   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Believe me, I had it for 10 years, and it was quite a head turner.
Back in 2006 when I was hunting for a car, I was desperately looking for a Palio in Red or the Purple color. Fate had something else planned and I ended up buying a Fern Green Palio. To date, some of my office colleagues remember me as the guy with the Green Palio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
I second the demand for more, brighter, louder colours for the new Punto and the Avventura later in the year. It may be that Fiat has missed a trick by only offering relatively conservative, 'mature sedan owner' colours on the new Linea. We very much like the 'Sunbeam Gold' on our new Linea T-jet, but still!
The Sunbeam Gold looks magnificent on the Linea. Period!
iceman7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 12:50   #1268
BANNED

As the owner of a Foxtrot Azure Punto (the colour has been discontinued and is not very commonly seen), I think it is just an economics thing for Fiat. Very few customers buy "unusual" colours, and the reason is probably that touching up the paint is more expensive -- paint needs to be mixed specially, the workshop is unwilling to do it unless there are more cars with that need, etc. With a black or white or red car you can just buy a can of spray paint and do it yourself. (I sometimes buy a spray can from Com Paints online, but they usually don't have this colour in stock, and also if you're not a professional it does not come out as uniform-looking as a proper workshop would do it.)

That said, I have no idea why Fiat's "Oceanic Blue" would be more popular than Foxtrot Azure...
rsidd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 11:53   #1269
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti SX4 Cross likely to come with Peugeot's DV6 1.6 HDi Diesel engine

The way I look at it is this - Fiat would have rather plonked the 1.6 MJD in its face lifted Linea rather than just supply this engine to Suzuki/Maruti for application in the SX4 or any other car.

Hence, only probable option is the 1.6 engine from Peugeot.
iceman7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 12:03   #1270
Senior - BHPian

FIAT's global product plan snapshot:

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatglobalproductplanuntil20181024x613.jpg

The Avventura facelift is also planned for APAC region Also, 500X is not planned for APAC.

Source: Here

Last edited by _raVan_ : 7th May 2014 at 12:04.
_raVan_ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 12:25   #1271
BANNED

Quote:
The way I look at it is this - Fiat would have rather plonked the 1.6 MJD in its face lifted Linea rather than just supply this engine to Suzuki/Maruti for application in the SX4 or any other car.

Hence, only probable option is the 1.6 engine from Peugeot.
There are currently not too good sales for Fiat cars to launch it with a new engine like the 1.6 MJD. I guess Fiat is waiting to know what figures will the Linea garner after which they may launch the 1.6 MJD there. But speaking frankly Maruti will give good sales if this engine is launched in the upcoming models. A Swift Sport with 1.4 P and 1.6 MJD will give good competition to Polo GT TDI and GT TSI.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 13:16   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
FIAT's global product plan snapshot:
Attachment 1237894
The fiat ottimo shown at the beginning of the 2014 for APAC in the chart above seems to be the hatchback version of the fiat viaggio/ dodge dart meant for China!
Are there any plans to launch this or the viaggio in India as well in the near future?
They don't appear anywhere in the fiat india plans discussed in this thread before!
Old 7th May 2014, 14:47   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
The fiat ottimo shown at the beginning of the 2014 for APAC in the chart above seems to be the hatchback version of the fiat viaggio/ dodge dart meant for China!
Are there any plans to launch this or the viaggio in India as well in the near future?
They don't appear anywhere in the fiat india plans discussed in this thread before!
So once Fiat India launches the Avventura, it appears that they plan on sitting tight for 3 years, except presumably for the launch of the India-made Abarth Punto, and the introduction of a bigger mjd. I don't believe the Ottimo and/or Viaggio will be launched here: the D-segment for sedans is shrinking, and for hatchbacks, it doesn't exist at all.

While this might appear disappointing it means that Fiat will be focusing on Jeep. The Jeep presentation explicitly states that India is a production base, including for exports, for the terrific Jeep Renegade and the global C-Suv that will replace the Compass. Imagine getting an authentic Jeep with the t-jet or the 1.6 mjd for 15 lakhs!

As FiatChrysler people have been pointing out in US fora, this plan only consists of decisions already taken, and does not preclude additional products, like say the 500L or 500x or new Doblo being launched in India or elsewhere.

Interesting to note that a d-sedan (next-gen Linea?) is slated for 2018.

Last edited by desdemona : 7th May 2014 at 14:52. Reason: incomplete
Old 7th May 2014, 14:59   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti SX4 Cross likely to come with Peugeot's DV6 1.6 HDi Diesel engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
There are currently not too good sales for Fiat cars to launch it with a new engine like the 1.6 MJD. I guess Fiat is waiting to know what figures will the Linea garner after which they may launch the 1.6 MJD there. But speaking frankly Maruti will give good sales if this engine is launched in the upcoming models. A Swift Sport with 1.4 P and 1.6 MJD will give good competition to Polo GT TDI and GT TSI.

Anurag.
I clearly do not understand the ideology of garnering good sales as a pre-condition to bring in the 1.6MJD by Fiat. On the other hand if Fiat brings the 1.6 engine in the Linea and their other upcoming products, it should give them decent number of sales. The Tjet engine and the 1.6 MJD will provide an exclusivity to their products in the market.

The eagerness is clearly on the part of MS to source a competent engine so that they can launch the S-Cross. The sedan is also in the pipeline for which they would require a 1.5/1.6 Ltr. engine.
Old 7th May 2014, 15:08   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Fliat's Global LRP for APAC shows that a D-sedan (next-gen Linea?) is slated only in end 2016.

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th May 2014 at 15:21.

Most Viewed