Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 02:46   #1291
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
I was talking about the financial condition of Fiat Chrysler LLC. Recent financial news about FIAT is not all that rosy, and as such there will not be many who are willing to debt finance them

For eg- check out this

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...rchionnes-plan
The losses are temporary, caused by the debt load taken on to complete the buyout of Chrysler. Every brand under the FCA holding company is making decent-to-good profits, so their debt servicing ability is not in doubt.

Fiat standalone has been on a weak wicket in Europe due the long recession there, but then that is true of all the Euro automakers. Even VW's margins have collapsed in Europe.

But they are growing again there and have kept their powder dry, with several exciting new launches in Europe coming up, to add to the great sales of the Panda, the Cinquecento and the 500L.

Fiat means business in Asia-Pac finally, and in India, whether on its own or via Jeep. They do have the means too. A fresh global downturn is the only, big threat?
Old 8th May 2014, 08:36   #1292
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

What caught my eye was the Ottimo Cross, launched in China in the 9-14 lacs range. Viaggio hatch/ cross, I guess. Looks absolutely smashing. If Fiat ever launches it here, I'll possibly consider buying another Fiat.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatottimochinaready5660x478.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatottimochinaready1660x432.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatottimochinaready1a660x479.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatottimochinaready4660x477.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatottimochinaready2660x369.jpg
Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatottimochinaready3660x414.jpg

Last edited by one-77 : 8th May 2014 at 08:38.
one-77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 08:41   #1293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
What caught my eye was the Ottimo Cross, launched in China in the 9-14 lacs range. Viaggio hatch/ cross, I guess. Looks absolutely smashing. If Fiat ever launches it here, I'll possibly consider buying another Fiat.
No plans for FIAT in their Indian portfolio, until 2018, to lauch these!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 09:34   #1294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
A close up of the aforementioned presentation shows the face-lifted India specific Punto and Avventura models. And I must say both look equally impressive! It's terrific to see FCA bullish on India this time around.

Attachment 1238101
Great catch! Makes sense for FIAT to have minimal changes in both cars. Punto might get the same headlamp design except for the projectors. I would rate the current model better, but then - its not bad either. The market needs edgier designs and i hope they like the chrome on offer.
Old 8th May 2014, 09:41   #1295
BHPian

I hope Fiat will start launching cars and stop talking about future launches instead.
rlvl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 10:16   #1296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlvl View Post

I hope Fiat will start launching cars and stop talking about future launches instead.
Couldn't agree more with you rlvl.

Looking at the 'April 2014 - Indian Car Sales figures' thread uploaded by parrys, it is so apparent and glaring that only "Topping of Charts" Fiat is doing is the Top Loosers (Month on Month).

I love Punto and hands down is the best looking hatch around. But what is the use of looking good and arriving late into the party, when almost all the fun is gone !!

I am sure Fiat is working on getting into the race with the big players, but for some strange reason, it does not seem to show up where it matters the most.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 11:06   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Maruti SX4 Cross likely to come with Peugeot's DV6 1.6 HDi Diesel engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Fiat doesnt have current plans or might have dropped idea of bringing the 1.6 to Indian market.
I think Fiat is not willing to take that risk. Else they could have done it with the recent facelift right?
Fiat, as a manufacturer, has regular interaction with its customers including factory visit etc. and Fiat is fully aware of the demand for the 1.6 MJD. I agree with you that not launching the facelifted Linea with the 1.6 MJD is a missed oppurtunity but the reason may be something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
If we sell we survive and to survive we must sell!

....it needs better portfolio with freshness. So to get that a new heart is needed which is why it is needing a 1.6L MJD.
As a finance professional I fully understand your views. Citing your own example, where you said that there is stagnation in terms of sales. So the company invests in R&D to launch a new product with the expectation that it will be a hit in the market. This is exactly what I wanted to say.

The present Linea and the upcoming Punto is a huge improvement over the earlier models. The only thing that the Linea lacks is a bigger heart and the 1.6MJD would place it way over its current competitors, so there is no point why it would not garner good sales.

Again what is wrong if Fiat wants to retain this freshness for themselves and does not want to share it with others for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
The 1.5/1.6 mjd is coming, how soon is the only question.
I agree the 1.6MJD is surely coming to India and Fiat is already working on modifying the same engine to 1.5Ltr. to avail the tax benefits, the only question is when.

I do not know about the authenticity of the news but the news is that though Fiat sales & servicing has been seperated from Tata, but the Fiat manufacturing unit at Ranjangoan is still jointly owned by Fiat & Tata and the agreement between the two is playing spoil-sport.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 11:33   #1298
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

The present Linea and the upcoming Punto is a huge improvement over the earlier models.
It is an improvement surely. I love the Punto and wanted it as my first car but had to leave the car for its brand status and ASC condition.

Quote:
Again what is wrong if Fiat wants to retain this freshness for themselves and does not want to share it with others for the time being.
Nothing wrong sir, they can jolly well keep it to themselves. The customer will be happy if they give the 1.6MJD to Maruti so that it can be plonked into the Swift.

Quote:
I do not know about the authenticity of the news but the news is that though Fiat sales & servicing has been seperated from Tata, but the Fiat manufacturing unit at Ranjangoan is still jointly owned by Fiat & Tata and the agreement between the two is playing spoil-sport.
The news is correct.

Anurag.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:34   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
A close up of the aforementioned presentation shows the face-lifted India specific Punto and Avventura models. And I must say both look equally impressive! It's terrific to see FCA bullish on India this time around.

Attachment 1238101
In these latest pictures from Motoroids, we see the same alloy design as well !

http://www.motoroids.com/news/new-fi...ft-images-2-3/
Old 8th May 2014, 12:27   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Word! Share the same grouse as you, with Fiat. They keep talking far more than the doing. There are 'MANY' people I know who're waiting with baited breath for the Linea (and/or Punto) with the 1.6 Mjd, but they'd rather keep their loyalists, admirers and entusiasts waiting and supply them engines to all and sundry in the automotive market.

Agreed they need to make money but why leave the loyalist, enthusiast and admirers high and dry? Fiat = Love + .

Their 'talk' doesn't result in more products out their factory door. It's a problem they're living with.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:12   #1301
BANNED

Fiat's India plans for the next 5 years, from an investor presentation by their APAC COO Mike Manley. Basically confirms the last few posts -- very little new here except for the planned increase in capacity, employment and dealers (all roughly doubling by 2018).
Old 8th May 2014, 13:36   #1302
BANNED

Re: Scoop! Maruti SX4 Cross likely to come with Peugeot's DV6 1.6 HDi Diesel engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I love the Punto and wanted it as my first car but had to leave the car for its brand status and ASC condition.

I have similar feelinge here:- 10 yrs back i just wanted to buy a red Palio, but ended up with a Santro. 3 yrs back I lusted for a T-jet but bought a Ivtec Honda City.
Old 8th May 2014, 14:19   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Lets say Fiat India does get the 1.6 diesel. Do they have to supply TATA as well?

It will be hilarious if the SX4 Cross does end up with a Fiat 1.6 diesel and Fiat can't sell the same for its own lineup in India.
Old 8th May 2014, 14:26   #1304
Distinguished - BHPian

Marchionne warm to idea of Fiat Chrysler climbing into bed with Suzuki

Quote:
If Fiat Chrysler does decide to climb into bed with Suzuki, it would have the perfect opportunity to announce it in Detroit on May 6 when Mr Marchionne is due to make a major statement on the strategic direction of his company and the future model direction of each of its eight brands – Fiat, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Ferrari, Lancia, Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge.
Well the above has not happened so obviously somehing did go wrong and Suzuki and hence the tilt to using the Peugeot's DV6 1.6 HDi for future Suzuki's?

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257C9A0021904E

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th May 2014 at 14:30.
Old 8th May 2014, 15:13   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Er, they just launched the new Linea, it has been only a month. You want a launch every month? New Punto in june, next month. Avventura in october, a mere four months later!

But jokes apart: they haven't had a new launch till the new Linea last month only because they were setting up independent sales and ASS setups. Though that process will carry on till they cross the 200 dealerships mark, they can now pull off new launches. The current count is around 120 dealers.

As for ostensible enthusiasts and Fiat fans who want the 1.6 mjd: if they really are that, I advise them to buy the glorious T-jet eyes closed! I did. ;-)

Last edited by desdemona : 8th May 2014 at 15:19. Reason: incomplete
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks