Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2014, 16:50   #1366
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Spotted a Test Car y'day, could be the new FIAT Avventura
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-img_20140520_112853355.jpg  

Last edited by Ajitsingh208 : 22nd May 2014 at 16:54.
Ajitsingh208 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 18:33   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
It is! Spotted @ S.B Road, in Poona, right? I was also following.

Cheers!
Old 23rd May 2014, 09:28   #1368
BHPian

Great catch!! S.B road is my daily commute. Never saw one yet. Is it just me or does anyone else feels that Avventura looks significantly bigger than the Punto especially if width is considered ?
Old 23rd May 2014, 10:00   #1369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the Linea Tjet like muffler tip a hint?? 1.4 Tjet on the cards may be??
S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:04   #1370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
It definitely looks like the Tjet. However, it would be dumb on Fiat to launch the petrol only in 1.2 litre engine. The Avventura/Punto deserves the Tjet under the hood.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:31   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Isn't this kind of a muffler tip available as a standard accessory on the punto 90HP sports as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
However, it would be dumb on Fiat to launch the petrol only in 1.2 litre engine. The Avventura/Punto deserves the Tjet under the hood.
Even the punto emotion has the 1.4 FIRE under the hood. So the avventura would definitely get the 1.4 and hope they give it the Tjet instead of the FIRE!
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:32   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else feels that Avventura looks significantly bigger than the Punto especially if width is considered ?
With bigger wheels & raised GC it indeed is looking big on height & width (comparing with Octavia in picture) giving SUVish look/feel.

I also had my doubts on boot mounted spare wheel spoiling the looks, but seems it’s not all that bad.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:37   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
It is! Spotted @ S.B Road, in Poona, right? I was also following.

Cheers!
Yeah, that's the place. Which vehicle were you in?

I was checking videos on YouTube, Check This out,

Now Compare it to the Video I Managed, I guess it's the same Car.
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:46   #1374
BHPian

This release on NDTV on Avventura indicates there is no 1.4 TJet engine planned only the 1.4 FIRE.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/fiat-avven...ss-polo-388993
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:58   #1375
BHPian

On my recent trip to Shirdi, while travelling from Pune, I saw quite a lot of camouflaged Puntos and a couple of camouflaged Avventuras. If they are going to continue with the same engine trims, there is no reason for so much testing. Hell, there must be more test cars moving around than the cars that they actually sell.
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:04   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, that's the place. Which vehicle were you in?

I was checking videos on YouTube, Check This out,
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=LrctIDUSxlU

Now Compare it to the Video I Managed, I guess it's the same Car.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=XLLAQxHsck4
Hello friend, you seem to be moving around in a bike. Are you wearing a helmet camera or else what you are doing is very dangerous. Take care.

Oops. Sorry for the back to back posts

Last edited by thesilentone : 23rd May 2014 at 15:10. Reason: Did not notice back to back posts
thesilentone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 16:27   #1377
BHPian

I wouldn't rely on the plethora of auto websites for inside, advance information. Most are rarely worth the pixels they use on our screens!

In the India-specific section of the Fiat global five-year plan, Mike Manley, CEO of Jeep and of Fiat in APAC says clearly that Ranjangaon will go from currently manufacturing three engines to making six. He also says the number of transmissions made will increase to three.

IF that is a decision, a commitment then: we can be sure the !.5/1.6 mjd is coming. If I am not wrong the T-jet engines are still imported, so Indian-made 1.4 and/or 1.2 T-jets will come too. And: the additional transmissions can only be the dualogic AMT and/or the dual-dry-clutch DDCT.

Question is, as ever: how soon? Not before the dealer/FASS rollout has proceeded far enough. i.e., next year. That's my sense.
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:45   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
I wouldn't rely on the plethora of auto websites for inside, advance information. Most are rarely worth the pixels they use on our screens!

In the India-specific section of the Fiat global five-year plan, Mike Manley, CEO of Jeep and of Fiat in APAC says clearly that Ranjangaon will go from currently manufacturing three engines to making six. He also says the number of transmissions made will increase to three.

IF that is a decision, a commitment then: we can be sure the !.5/1.6 mjd is coming. If I am not wrong the T-jet engines are still imported, so Indian-made 1.4 and/or 1.2 T-jets will come too. And: the additional transmissions can only be the dualogic AMT and/or the dual-dry-clutch DDCT.

Question is, as ever: how soon? Not before the dealer/FASS rollout has proceeded far enough. i.e., next year. That's my sense.
But the time limit given for increasing the no. of engines to six is 2018 and that is a long time. The three engines build in India are the 1.4FIRE, 1.4Tjet and the 1.3MJD.
Old 23rd May 2014, 17:54   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desdemona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
But the time limit given for increasing the no. of engines to six is 2018 and that is a long time. The three engines build in India are the 1.4FIRE, 1.4Tjet and the 1.3MJD.
Need more details on this, any link where we can read the full interview/statement from Mike Manley?
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 23:15   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Need more details on this, any link where we can read the full interview/statement from Mike Manley?
Hi. It is not an interview, it's all over the web: Fiat Chrysler had a marathon multi-day 5-year plan announcement in the US a couple of weeks ago, for all their brands, for all regions of the world. Google it, or check Autocar's accurate and thorough precis of it.

Yes, you are right to be skeptical of the timeline, so am I. As i said: not this year.

Now, that doesn't matter to me, since I just happily bought the new Linea T-jet. Nor would the absence of the T-jet on the Punto and Avventura have bothered me, since I know the 1.4 Fire engine well in my 2010 Linea and I feel that in the Punto it is pretty good enough as is. But then I found the 1.3 mjd Linea acceptable the several times I've driven it, and do not quite get the clamor for the 1.6 diesel.

Let us see. Let me just say Fiat's longterm sales growth problems will not disappear or even reduce appreciably just with the launch of these engines. Case in point: the T-jet's the best in class petrol engine, hell it's better in the Linea than the 1.4 tsi is in the 17lakh rupee Jetta. Has it set Linea sales on fire, despite its legend rightly growing?
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks