Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 15:24   #1516
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

So, finally, the Avventura gets a mention on Fiat India's web site:

http://www.fiat-india.com/2014/avventura/
prakash_ajp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:15   #1517
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Has any one observed that in bangalore there are quite a few punto's being used as taxi's?

Have been seeing almost on a daily basis these days and the number seems to be increasing. All are white in color and are active models.

If the taxi's guys are warming up to punto, is it an indication that the service/spares related fear that fiat car's generally carry is slowly fading away? I sure hope it is!
Old 2nd July 2014, 21:23   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Has any one observed that in bangalore there are quite a few punto's being used as taxi's?

Have been seeing almost on a daily basis these days and the number seems to be increasing. All are white in color and are active models.

If the taxi's guys are warming up to punto, is it an indication that the service/spares related fear that fiat car's generally carry is slowly fading away? I sure hope it is!
Hi! Yes you're right. I noticed a white Fiat Punto being used as Taxi, too.. Have seen one so far (near KR Puram area)..
Old 2nd July 2014, 22:01   #1519
BHPian

Quote:

Could also possibly indicate that low mileage (=less kms run) second hand Puntos are available dirt cheap in the second hand market, so taxi operators might find buying these cheaper than going for a new Tata Vista. And because many parts are shared with the Vista, spares could be easy to find.
one-77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:17   #1520
BHPian

Dirt cheap price for punto? what ever punto's i have seen on bangalore roads appear to be brand new active variants all in white color.

If indeed they were second hand wouldn't it be difficult to find all white one's and get them converted to yellow boards?

I Guess either fiat's efforts of improving after sales and service has improved with their 100+ ASC or some taxi operator got a very good deal on punto's as compared to tata/toyota.
Old 3rd July 2014, 09:52   #1521
BHPian

Quote:

Same here in Pune. I saw several white Puntos/yellow number plate Active variants. Unfortunately, there was no Cab operator sticker. Next time I will ask the driver!

Quote:
Dirt cheap price for punto? what ever punto's i have seen on bangalore roads appear to be brand new active variants all in white color.
I agree. All of them were brand new and can't be second hands. But, nevertheless, I am happy. May be the plan is to market the current Punto (Active variant) as Taxis and bring new Punto for private owners? Just like they did with Linea (Classic and New Linea co-exist)?

Last edited by dmplog : 3rd July 2014 at 09:53. Reason: punctuation spelling corrected
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:31   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
So, finally, the Avventura gets a mention on Fiat India's web site:

http://www.fiat-india.com/2014/avventura/
Had submitted an inquiry on their web site yesterday and got a call back today. The person on call had nothing much to reveal but he confirmed launch will be sometime in October before Diwali.

Last edited by S.MJet : 3rd July 2014 at 15:41.
Old 3rd July 2014, 15:38   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Fiat is looking to clear the current stock of the Punto fast, before the launch of the facelift.
I just heard of an offer from a friend. a Punto Diesel (should be Active) at 4.75 (not sure but this should be ex showroom and not OTR) for the employees as well as the relatives of the employees as a part of the bulk booking offer. Quite mouth watering deal IMO, and people are booking it too.
Old 4th July 2014, 10:29   #1524
BHPian

Exclusive spyshots of the new Punto facelift. (Punto Evo it seems?)
Source : Team Fiat MotoClub
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-10483186_10153100746186490_7293930234347781169_n.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-10404162_10153100746226490_9044099949769332840_n.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-983747_10153100746211490_8942697222246289043_n.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-10533407_10153100746176490_7855612095300502529_n.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-10356330_10153100746191490_1099203123854988828_n.jpg  

Sagz is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 11:27   #1525
Senior - BHPian

This one has black or at least dark interiors!
That's a good sign. I had assumed that it would be a mix of beige and black like Linea facelift.

Seems like the grille has lost the 'Multijet' badge. I wonder if Fiat plans to hide the engine information.

The font used to write 'Punto' is same as the one on European Punto Evo, right?

Is that 'Active' variant written on the boot? If so, it's a good thing to see rear washer/wiper/defogger even on the base variant.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 11:28   #1526
BHPian

Thanks for the images Sagz. The new punto looks absolutely stunning. Fab color option too. This baby has loads of character.

Just those chrome linings at the rear are bit gaudy type. But hey most of the Indians love that flashy thing so most will be happy with it.

Overall, seems like a brilliant package with the new interiors. I hope Fiat can launch it with attractive introductory prices to get the sales momentum going.
Old 4th July 2014, 11:32   #1527
BANNED

Not Punto Evo. Not Punto 2012 either. The rear lights look like the Punto 2012, but the front looks like no Punto yet released elsewhere.
Old 4th July 2014, 11:35   #1528
Team-BHP Support

Looks quite good I must say. Now I am waiting to get those tail lamps as spare parts and retrofit them onto my Punto .

On the facelift itself, I personally didn't like the new front face bit. It is a huge departure from the beautiful rounded, flowing lines of the previous version. That said, the interiors are definitely looking better than the bathroom grade plastics of the outgoing version. The cockpit looks once again very similar to the new Linea's design, albeit with matte black instead of beige. Lack of new engine and transmission options will continue to disappoint customers and turn them elsewhere. At least they ought to fix the cursed, uber-short 1st-2nd gear ratios in the MultiJets. It has been 5 years of customers grumbling about that.

P.S - in one of the interior shots, I seem to notice the seats looking like black leather. If that is true, it could be a segment first to give OEM leather seats in a hatchback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post

Seems like the grille has lost the 'Multijet' badge. I wonder if Fiat plans to hide the engine information.
Nice observation.

Quote:
The font used to write 'Punto' is same as the one on European Punto Evo, right?

Is that 'Active' variant written on the boot? If so, it's a good thing to see rear washer/wiper/defogger even on the base variant.
Yeah. The font for Punto definitely looks like the same on the Evo version in Europe. The variant in the picture is not 'Active', it looks more like 90HP in italics to me. I had the same decal on my car initially, this looks very similar.

Last edited by KarthikK : 4th July 2014 at 11:41.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 12:03   #1529
BHPian

I think the front is drawing some inspiration from the Jaguar F-type. I personally like it. It's more racy looking. If only it had the engine to match the styling :-(
Old 4th July 2014, 12:10   #1530
BHPian

This is drool material. I somehow absolutely love the design of new car. The front or rear or interior, the entire package is absolutely fantastic. Now would have to wait for Fiat to release the engine & transmission options and at an attractive price point.
Thumping Soul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed