Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2014, 16:25   #1546
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Also, why on earth are they switching to bonnet-style washers?? Those are so passe and outdated now! Moreover, they stick out like a sore thumb on the bonnet . The previous version of washers on the plastic panel above the wipers suited the car much better, me thinks.
Oh yes, I had not seen that.
Many be its to avoid "Buri nazar"

On a serious note, Although its outdated, I see a good side to it...The issue of the bonnet plastic turning grey on our Puntos is solved forever.
Painting those two washers to body colour can be a good option.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:28   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Also, why on earth are they switching to bonnet-style washers??
They are like Kaala Tikka to ward off evil eyes.

Even I am of the opinion the present washer set up in the Punto is anytime better than the facelifted ones.

Do I see the OVRM's fold completely? Also in the next avatar will the Punto get the completely lowered rear windows?
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:37   #1548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Oh yes, I had not seen that.
Many be its to avoid "Buri nazar"

On a serious note, Although its outdated, I see a good side to it...The issue of the bonnet plastic turning grey on our Puntos is solved forever.
Painting those two washers to body colour can be a good option.
I kinda like the plastic panels now, after the CF vinyl application potential .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Even I am of the opinion the present washer set up in the Punto is anytime better than the facelifted ones.
I guess the current ones have 3 jets on each side of the washer. Incredibly effective from what I have used so far, both on the Linea and the Punto. Not sure what will be the configuration of the new washer jets.

Quote:
Do I see the OVRM's fold completely? Also in the next avatar will the Punto get the completely lowered rear windows?
I didn't see anything different in the ORVMs folding. Is it just me??

I doubt the rear windows will go fully down even in the facelift. Nothing seems to be changed in the rear portion of the car profile, the high wheel arches prevent the rolling down of the rear windows (circled below in the rear)
Fiat's India strategy revealed-10483186_10153100746186490_7293930234347781169_n.jpg
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:39   #1549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We both think alike

Quote:
I don't see any difference in the way the ORVMs fold.
The rear glass is one single glass and not split into two. So it cannot go down completely.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:44   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Also, why on earth are they switching to bonnet-style washers?? Those are so passe and outdated now! Moreover, they stick out like a sore thumb on the bonnet . The previous version of washers on the plastic panel above the wipers suited the car much better, me thinks.
In the previous version, there was a large black plastic panel/area in-between the windshield and the bonnet!
There was a lot of free space on the panel to put the washer jets there.

In the current one, that plastic panel looks very small(almost invisible)! Even the wipers seem to be resting slightly under the bonnet.
They probably weren't able to accommodate the washer jets there to get them spray at the correct angle!

It is the a very good thing that the exposed plastic area has become smaller as I have heard a lot of complaints that the black
panel gets discoloured if the car spends a lot of time under the sun!

Last edited by SR71-Blackbird : 4th July 2014 at 16:51. Reason: correct formatting
SR71-Blackbird is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:53   #1551
BHPian

Not a bad job, Fiat India

Interiors match the sporty nature of Punto's design (wish I could say engine).

On the exteriors - the headlamp design calls for a projector setup. I find the current gen alloy-design better than what I see in these pics.

Quote:
I guess they have chosen functionality over aesthetics. Many users faced issues with the pipe becoming loose due to the powerful spray. While it was an easy fix, still reaching the spot used to be a bit tricky. With the redesigned placement, it might eliminate that issue.

Last edited by Biraj : 4th July 2014 at 16:56.
Biraj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:53   #1552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
In the current one, that plastic panel looks very small! Even the wipers seem to be resting slightly under the bonnet.
it is not small, It is non-Existant (Like the older Linea)
Wipers were never over the bonnet, It was always under it.

One more thing...

Fiat's India strategy revealed-capture.jpg

Are these DRL's? (like the ones in XUV5OO).
If there are DRLs provided in the car, they better be here and not around the fog lamp like the ugly i20 DRLs
Old 4th July 2014, 16:58   #1553
BHPian

Looks beautiful!

But the existing one with red color will always be my personal favorite.

The interior pictures of the camouflaged Punto posted earlier on this thread had beige + black combo. Plus, the car also had abarth like alloys.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3376553

The pictures of the interiors posted by Sagz has all black interiors and different alloys as compared to the pictures posted earlier. If this one is the 90 HP, the Beige + Black combo and Abarth like alloys is likely to come with the T-jet????

Old 4th July 2014, 17:19   #1554
BHPian

The interiors looks classy. Thank god we didnt get the biege ones. And whats with the bonnet. I can see the bonnet is not as flat as the outgoing ones. There is a huge groove like the i 20. !

And the charging point has moved above the gear lever with a compartment near it.

Last edited by Rubbertramps : 4th July 2014 at 17:24.
Old 4th July 2014, 17:22   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Looks beautiful!

The pictures of the interiors posted by Sagz has all black interiors and different alloys as compared to the pictures posted earlier. If this one is the 90 HP, the Beige + Black combo and Abarth like alloys is likely to come with the T-jet????

I don't think Fiat will surprise us with a Punto Tjet
Those pictures could be of the 75HP emotion variant.But then this 90HP version has also been spotted with two tone dashboard. Maybe they will provide optional all-black or dual tone interiors.
Sagz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 18:29   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Because the plastic panel itself is not there right now - I would say good decision, because that is the one that looses colour the earliest. I know why you are a gold customer of 3M.

Full marks to the interiors. Linea’s interiors look and feel really premium now - the same can be expected in the new Punto too, I believe.

Exteriors, all I can say is that I don’t hate it. May be it will grow on you over time. May be not. As of now, me too rate the outgoing model’s looks better. Who knows, may be the new one may taste better to the mass.

Engine options, being a 75 HP MJD Punto owner myself, I will not say that the 1.3 MJD is insufficient for this car, compared to the other diesels in the same class. With its great handling, this one can keep up pretty well with the others - its a bit of learning curve as to how you can extract the horses though. However, since the T-Jet is already here in India, they could have given this option, with or without an automatic transmission. Too much to ask, eh?
devansn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 19:05   #1557

Some more pics of the New Facelift Punto EVO 90HP. Yes it is called Punto Evo as suggested by the badge on the boot.

Pic Courtesy: Team Fiat India (www.teamfiat.com)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-12.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-22.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-33.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-42.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-52.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-62.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-72.jpg  

N Kiran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 19:24   #1558
Distinguished - BHPian

Got hold of few pics of the new Punto from different sites . Got to see one interior pic too. One of the link- http://motorbash.com/new-fiat-punto-...launch-august/

Still i think the panel gap near the ignition key do not look very neat. Need a closer look for a confirmation on that.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-new2015fiatpuntoevofaceliftdashboard.jpg

Headlight now gets a projector and looks bigger than earlier.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1043858_903193099707580_8806231513585051091_n.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-new2015fiatpuntoevofaceliftheadlamps.jpg

The rear spoiler adds more to its beauty but both the lights in the rear bumper with the chrome strip is not to my taste.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-new2015fiatpuntoevofaceliftrear.jpg

The Punto is always a timeless beauty to look at. With this change i must admit the rear and the interiors look more improved. Hope this time Fiat has addressed the panel gap issues in the interior. But am not sure about the front whether it looks better than the earlier Punto or may be yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
One more thing...
Don't it look like the refreshed Figo? I would have preferred the earlier head lamp with projector!
Fiat's India strategy revealed-desktop.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 4th July 2014 at 19:54.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 19:35   #1559
BHPian

Saw an Avventura & Punto FL parked to the side of the Road Off Nagar Road near Ubalenagar,Wagholi. They were covered with camo. Couldn't click any pics as I was driving.
Old 4th July 2014, 19:58   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

More Pictures...courtesy ****************
Edit: courtesy: website as in watermark in the centre (cannot type it here-starred)

Fiat's India strategy revealed-1.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-2.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-3.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-4.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-5.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-6.jpg

Fiat's India strategy revealed-7.jpg

These photos clear a few more points
  • No DRLs
  • It will be called Punto evo
  • No engine badging anywhere
  • The "Punto" font on the boot is the one that used in European Puntos
  • No projector lamps

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 4th July 2014 at 20:00.
hemanth.anand is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks