Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2014, 10:54   #1591
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post

My multijet returns 13kms in city and 16kms on highway which according to me is bad.. Am not sure why the layman will buy a Tjet compared to a Maruti or Honda etc.
That is quite surprising to know. My Multijet Punto has done ~33k till date and it consists of the daily drive through the city and occasional highway drives. I've got ~15 consistently in the city and I've never got anything below 20 on a highway drive. All this with the AC 100% on. I've verified this through the MID as well as the tank-full method.

Not sure if I'm missing something here. Would like to know the mileage numbers of fellow BHPians driving their Fiats in case there's a huge deviation as above.
Old 7th July 2014, 10:56   #1592
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
...Maruti if you are listening you better start thinking about the Swift Sport because you are about to be dethroned!
Your excitement got the better of you, aint it? Could you explain on the "dethroning" part please? I am in no way able to understand it.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 10:59   #1593
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks are subjective and I definitely like this new one - chrome could have been a little less but anyway, that can be tackled by a 3M carbon fibre wrap - the car looks a good step up from the current Punto. Seems like the launch is near? All the recent pics seem to be from some or the other dealer premises(?).
Old 7th July 2014, 11:02   #1594
Team-BHP Support

Aw man, the new Punto looks hot inside out! The older one is still one of the better looking hatchbacks in the country, this one just takes it a couple of notches higher. The all-black interiors, the rear AC vent, the LED tail lamps, the rearward curved headlamps, 16” rims (a first for this segment in India?) are some really good additions. The only thing I disliked was the chrome accents. I hope the quality of the interior plastics have improved.

Is this amber light below the airbag module a part of the car’s ambient lighting?

Looks pretty nice! I hope there’s a way to turn that off though. Orange/amber may not be pleasing to the eyes as much as blue does. Go FIAT!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th July 2014 at 11:04.
Old 7th July 2014, 11:08   #1595
Lij
BHPian

Are those leather seat covers?

Any idea if there will be a T-Jet option for the Punto? If yes then FIAT take my money
Old 7th July 2014, 11:13   #1596
BHPian

I wish they would remove those yucky chrome highlights everywhere. Hope the lower variants atleast will miss the chrome overdose.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:19   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Your comment would have received a 100 likes, if it was posted in Team-aam-admi.com. But considering the fact that this is Team-BHP.com, am not surprised by all the flak the above comment is receiving. You seriously need to do some soul searching and ponder whether you ended up at the wrong forum and the wrong car. If it would be any comfort to you, you are not alone here, but they are too few and are hard to spot in Fiat/Ford/VW threads. Search around.
What soul searching are you referring to? I own a Fiat and am sharing my experience. I know what the car can do and what it cannot compared to competiton. So saying things like ending up in the wrong forum is not going down well with me.
Old 7th July 2014, 12:28   #1598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Is this amber light below the airbag module a part of the car’s ambient lighting?
Yes it is. It is carried over from the new Linea just like the other interior elements

Seeing this photo, one of my colleagues asked me if it was the panel gap of the lit glove box
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 13:48   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Your excitement got the better of you, aint it? Could you explain on the "dethroning" part please? I am in no way able to understand it.
I guess he was merely talking about the car's capability and not sales figures. Either you are questioning the capability of Punto to dethrone Swift or don't believe Swift doesn't occupy the throne yet. So, which is it?
Old 7th July 2014, 13:54   #1600
BANNED

My hunch is this will not be a blockbuster but will give a nice spike to Punto sales, maybe to the 2000/month range. Enough hopefully to create excitement about the Avventura, which won't be a blockbuster either but should do OK. Slow and steady. As they build their network, get more fiat-badged cars on the road, and introduce newer models, the buyers will come, but it won't happen overnight.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:47   #1601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
A side by side comparison.
(Image courtesy myfiatworld.com)
The old one has a lot of character and looks classy. The new one is flashy and modern although it might be not be timeless like the older one. But the new one is going to appeal to a wider range of audience !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
What soul searching are you referring to? I own a Fiat and am sharing my experience. I know what the car can do and what it cannot compared to competiton. So saying things like ending up in the wrong forum is not going down well with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
I guess he was merely talking about the car's capability and not sales figures. Either you are questioning the capability of Punto to dethrone Swift or don't believe Swift doesn't occupy the throne yet. So, which is it?

Oh .. lets end this here. No car is superior to any car. All have their pros and cons.

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th July 2014 at 10:09. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Multi-quote options
Old 7th July 2014, 14:55   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Oh .. lets end this here. No car is superior to any car. All have their pros and cons.
That was precisely my point. I was just taking exception to the way the point (the one I was quoting) was made. People have the right for their own perception and we can't question that, can we?
Old 7th July 2014, 15:44   #1603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

Looks pretty nice! I hope there’s a way to turn that off though. Orange/amber may not be pleasing to the eyes as much as blue does. Go FIAT!
Yes. No it cant be turned off. I think it is connected with the parking/headlight switch.
Fiat had this amber LED light in their earlier models also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Are those leather seat covers?

Any idea if there will be a T-Jet option for the Punto? If yes then FIAT take my money
The black ones in the picture are surely not leather.
If Fiat provides a leather seat even in the top model, I think, it would be a segment first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
I wish they would remove those yucky chrome highlights everywhere. Hope the lower variants atleast will miss the chrome overdose.
But Indians love chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
My hunch is this will not be a blockbuster but will give a nice spike to Punto sales, maybe to the 2000/month range.
If this car generate that kind of attention in the market then it would be a huge boost for the Avventura. If it goes according to your expectations, then Fiat may leave Skoda & VW behind by the end of this year.
Old 7th July 2014, 19:34   #1604
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
See, the problem lies there. Even you have to "guess" what he is trying to convey - so much for the clarity of the statement. While comparing, I believe you should compare products on a level playing field. How do you compare a 1.2L engine to a turbo charged 1.4L engine?

Put it across a 1.2L TSi Polo, and we can have more of a valid comparo. Sales wise, Swift is still the KING, may be for years to come. On the performance front (of a hatch back), I thought Polo GT (both variants) had already taken the spot. So please enlighten me, what was the "throne" about - sales or performance?

Quote:
...People have the right for their own perception and we can't question that, can we?
Of course they can! As long as these are valid, no one takes objection to it either. The problem happens when you unnecessarily drag another product into it, "for the fun of it".

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th July 2014 at 19:37.
Old 7th July 2014, 20:10   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
See, the problem lies there. Even you have to "guess" what he is trying to convey - so much for the clarity of the statement. While comparing, I believe you should compare products on a level playing field. How do you compare a 1.2L engine to a turbo charged 1.4L engine?

Put it across a 1.2L TSi Polo, and we can have more of a valid comparo. Sales wise, Swift is still the KING, may be for years to come. On the performance front (of a hatch back), I thought Polo GT (both variants) had already taken the spot. So please enlighten me, what was the "throne" about - sales or performance?
I thank all the members for their time for taking the time to ponder over my post.
@Swiftnfurious i think you missed the part where i mentioned "If the same engine or a smaller CC with the same sort of Turbo setup is offered in the Punto - well what do you know? Maruti if you are listening you better start thinking about the Swift Sport because you are about to be dethroned!"
Polo GT TSI was never in the same segment as the swift as it was a auto only option and invariably hit a higher price point.
Fiat has always positioned the Punto against the Swift. Most petrol heads whom i know and own a swift had test driven a Punto and most of the time it was the same answer, excellent build quality but the car needs more power.Which is exactly what Fiat might do if they plonk in a Turbo charged 1.2 into the Punto.
But there is no point explaining you i guess as its evident from your alias that you are BIASED!!!

And tell you what the swift cannot hold a candle to the Legend it replaced, the Esteem!!! Even without the boot.And the independent rear suspension.

And you know what all the cars i own are Maruti.
But that doesnt make me stop hoping that another manufacturer brings in better products.
adneo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks