Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 09:28   #1636
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
I'm not sure I understand this one: I have the 1.2 petrol version and the driveability is as good as you can want in a city. Excellent pickup, no problem accelerating to pass a vehicle at any city speed. It becomes sluggish above 120 km/h, but I don't generally exceed that even on the highway.
You are not serious are you!
Please check if Fiat accidentally put the 1.6 Tjet engine in your car

"Excellent Pickup", "no problem accelerating", are words that we 1.2 owners should use when we drive other variants of Punto or any other same segment car.

I have an experience of close to 4 years and close to 55000 Kms on my 1.2. I have no plans of changing it and I absolutely love the driveability of my car but even then I will never ever use those terms for describing my car.

A simple thing like accelerating after a speedbreaker with AC on is such a struggle

It may not be related to the topic, but I have driven my car on a Karting track as well. Although it was a wonderful experience, I wish I had better pickup and acceleration
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 09:36   #1637
BANNED

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I have an experience of close to 4 years and close to 55000 Kms on my 1.2. I have no plans of changing it and I absolutely love the driveability of my car but even then I will never ever use those terms for describing my car.

A simple thing like accelerating after a speedbreaker with AC on is such a struggle
Mine is close to 4 years, 32000km, stop-start city traffic, plenty of speedbreakers, etc. Accelerating from a near-complete stop is no problem (one does need to downshift!). There is no detectable effect of AC being on. Perhaps our driving styles are different...
Old 9th July 2014, 09:50   #1638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
Accelerating from a near-complete stop is no problem (one does need to downshift!). There is no detectable effect of AC being on.
I would like you to turn on the air conditioning when you are accelerating. The effect is as if someone pulled the parking brake.

Really surprised by your observations. Sounds like you have not experienced what competition 1.2l engines feel like.

I will agree that for a few folks who have little experience behind the wheel, the response of a 1.2l Grande Punto maybe satisfactory.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 10:02   #1639
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I would like you to turn on the air conditioning when you are accelerating. The effect is as if someone pulled the parking brake.
But why would anyone do that? It is on most of the time, and if it is off, I turn it on only when my left hand is free (ie not when shifting). I certainly don't switch it off when I'm overtaking (as I have needed to do in older cars -- Uno, Esteem, etc).
Old 9th July 2014, 11:05   #1640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Only one word for the refresh: WOW!

In the image shared by jkdas, the Punto under the cover has a much nicer alloy wheel design than the one in the other pics. Is this some special variant?
Attachment 1259180
I had clicked that pic and that's my linea tjet behind the covered punto Had gone to their yard to do a pdi. Jk was eating my head about the new punto when i told him

And yes the alloys look real good. Maybe it was the top end variant? Salesman was a bit apprehensive with details since officially the car is not supposed to exist
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 16:22   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Tinkering around with the GC, eh Fiat?
Was the GC not upgraded somewhere in 2011/12 already?

If GC is even more now, it maybe a rub off from the Avventura. With an eye on the Ecosport of course
No tinkering with the GC, the 90HP has 16" wheels (earlier model had 15") and the other variants most probably have 15".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Thats atleast better than the 14 inches and the skinny JKs in the outgoing model for the 75hp dynamic and active. Then will the avventura get the 17 inches.

The alloy looks great in the pic.
The 90HP that I saw had Alnac 4G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
Ps- Why no fuel/variant badges?
The one I saw was diesel 90HP and heard that there is no petrol variant at the moment, really hard to believe if it is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I am disappointed that the tail lamp cluster is not an led unit. Looks like bulbs in there.
The tail lamp cluster is LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I had clicked that pic and that's my linea tjet behind the covered punto Had gone to their yard to do a pdi.
Many Congratulations for the Tjet.

Last edited by Sommos : 9th July 2014 at 16:26.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 16:26   #1642
BHPian

So now that the new models are being shipped to the dealers silently. Does anyone know the tentative launch date ? The polo's face lift launch is slated on 15th July (if I am right) so are we going to see the new punto within July are later than that.

I really wish they kill this suspense and raise the curtains.
Old 9th July 2014, 16:56   #1643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post

The car has made its way to the stockyard at Mysore. According to the supervisor there, it'll be displayed at the showroom tomorrow. These pics were sent over by a friend who had been to the bodyshop present on the same the premises.
By the way, when is Fiat planning to advertise the car? Next year??
Thank you for sharing these pics schakravarthy.

I am not even a prospective buyer but I was, not so long ago, until I bought myself the GT TDI.

Did you all notice that the 'Punto Evo' now has the wiper nozzles on the hood. I don't know about Fiat, but I think a Facelift should not only address the shortomings, but preserve the good bits of a product.
Old 9th July 2014, 20:01   #1644
BHPian

The car looks fantastic no doubts, but I feel FIAT may have missed a major opportunity to sort out the mechanical issues, if they have not addressed them at this point. I really hope they have, else I fear for this is going to be another great product down the drain!

Bring in your "A" Game FIAT
Old 9th July 2014, 22:13   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asivan View Post
The car looks fantastic no doubts, but I feel FIAT may have missed a major opportunity to sort out the mechanical issues, if they have not addressed them at this point. I really hope they have, else I fear for this is going to be another great product down the drain!

Bring in your "A" Game FIAT

What mechanical issues ? I have done 80K in my 90 hp and haven't faced any mechanical issue despite driving through all the extreme terrains .

I would rather say that in its class Punto is the most sorted car mechanically after driving all the cars in the b+ segment.
scofield is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 22:23   #1646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
What mechanical issues ? I have done 80K in my 90 hp and haven't faced any mechanical issue despite driving through all the extreme terrains .

I would rather say that in its class Punto is the most sorted car mechanically after driving all the cars in the b+ segment.
Am assuming he is referring to the infamous gear ratios and turbo lag.

Do you have the petrol or diesel version?
Old 9th July 2014, 22:43   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Am assuming he is referring to the infamous gear ratios and turbo lag.

Do you have the petrol or diesel version?

90HP comes in diesel only. I wouldn't consider the gear ratio to be a mechanical issue, it's the way the gear box is designed.

But over all the car is very sorted no nonsense car , I am on stock clutch and have been using the race dynamic chip since 15K kms and no problem what so ever .

Just get the car serviced as per FIAT's recommendation and you don't have to come back for one year or 15K kms.
scofield is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 08:27   #1648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scofield View Post
90HP comes in diesel only.
Incorrect. The 1.4l petrol is 90bhp. This car has been around much longer than the 90bhp diesel/Punto Sport.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 08:40   #1649
BHPian

If reports are to be believed the Toyota Etoss cross has received 5600 booking & is carrying a waiting period of 3 months. . Good opportunity for Toyota to clear all unsold Livas by simply adding plastic claddings. On a serious note if Etioss Cross can receive a booking of 5600 there is no reason why Fiat Avventura ( which is a much much better car ) cannot just score double of that.I see 10K as a realistic target for Avventura
rahul412 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2014, 10:17   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
On a serious note if Etioss Cross can receive a booking of 5600 there is no reason why Fiat Avventura ( which is a much much better car ) cannot just score double of that.I see 10K as a realistic target for Avventura
This is India sir, Toyota as a badge holds much respect in common-man's eyes that Fiat. There is no marketing from Fiat fir the new Punto, so I have serious doubts whether it would sale in good numbers, Avventura would be priced higher than Punto, IMO, it would eat up some of the market of the Punto, the Polo and the Etios Cross, but I don't have much hopes in great numbers.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks