Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 08:36   #1696
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Isn't that the fuel cutoff system that automatically cuts off fuel to the engine in case of a crash?
I think it is there in current Punto also, no?
Yes its there in the current Punto too. Even I thought of the same but why name it as Fire Prevention system instead of Fuel cut off Inertia switch (as was the case with my earlier Ford Fiesta). The new word confuses as to whether there is a system to prevent fire due to electrical malfunctions.
Old 24th July 2014, 08:42   #1697
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

Zigwheels got to drive the new punto and gave variant details http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...evealed/19202/
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 09:52   #1698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Good discounts, but I wonder if it makes sense to get a old gen one when the new model is just about to launch. I believe the depreciation will hit hard on the old gen models if it's bought now.
By getting high discounts right now, one is off-setting the depreciation hit that the outgoing Punto will take at the time of resale. So then it is all based on personal preference.

A Punto 1.3L Emotion 75hp, costing Rs. 6.89 lakhs ex Delhi, will be available for around Rs. 6.50 lakh on road, makes it a steal. Keeping in mind that the new Punto will have the same engine with near identical driving dynamics, the discounts seem hard to ignore.
Old 24th July 2014, 10:57   #1699
BHPian

After seeing the new punto evo stats, I will any day prefer the outgoing version, the evo is pure and simple cosmetically updated car and nothing else. The beauty is gone
Old 24th July 2014, 11:05   #1700
Senior - BHPian

I had read in the newspaper couple of days back about a discount of 1L on the outgoing model with complimentary free Insurance thrown in over and above which means the discounts could go upto 1.25L which by all means is definitely VFM buy over other hatchbacks. And if someone had an existing car for exchange, this might be the right moment for the buy.
Old 24th July 2014, 11:25   #1701
BHPian

I think the old Punto is still a great choice if someone is looking at the VFM aspect of things!

I bought the Punto 1.3 MJD Active in May this year at a price of 5.15 Lakhs on road, Delhi with free accessories like Central locking, reverse parking sensors, door sills, floor mats and mud flaps.

Further, the dealer offered 1.05 lakhs for my 2007 Zen Estillo Vxi (1.05L Kms) which was great, considering every other dealer in the market was quoting 90K or so, meaning that the Punto cost me 4.10 Lakhs on road, which is kind of a steal!

So, apart from the huge discounts, you may just be able to extract good value for your old car if you plan to exchange it.

Last edited by Abh1nav : 24th July 2014 at 11:26.
Old 24th July 2014, 11:36   #1702
BHPian

Vecto Motors is offering 50K cash discount, 15K exchange bonus, free 1st yr insurance and 3-5k corporate discount. No red color in Dynamic and Emotion.. Did not look like a great offer to me.
Old 24th July 2014, 12:04   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
After seeing the new punto evo stats, I will any day prefer the outgoing version, the evo is pure and simple cosmetically updated car and nothing else. The beauty is gone
. Did you receive any report on the ergonomics front, the first time I test drove the punto, the biggest grouse for me was the lack of space to keep my left foot, thigh constantly brushing the plastic surrounding the gearbox and high accelerator pedal. I have a stiff ankle, so the pedal was not comfortable enough to use.

Quote:
Vecto Motors is offering 50K cash discount, 15K exchange bonus, free 1st yr insurance and 3-5k corporate discount. No red color in Dynamic and Emotion.. Did not look like a great offer to me.
Last year, Vecto motors was planning to give exchange bonus for the car I already sold, all they needed was RC and sale receipt :-)

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 24th July 2014 at 12:06. Reason: edit
Old 24th July 2014, 14:41   #1704
BANNED

Quote:
Zigwheels got to drive the new punto and gave variant details http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...evealed/19202/
Overdrive also claims a "first drive", however, neither they nor Zigwheels report on the actual driving experience. Overdrive says "The car isn’t as quick as its rivals despite producing 93PS. Ride and handling is impressive and the new car even gets better tyres" but that sounds like repeated stereotypes -- if they actually drove the car they should have said something more.
Old 24th July 2014, 16:01   #1705
BHPian

I was thinking of exchanging my 2010 punto for the existing ones. With the discounts hovering around, and i am driving a TN board, thought it is wiser to move to a KA board. Not sure if i could sell it here in KA. I am not sure of how much to quote either. If any one on this forum can guide me this i'd be really grateful !
Old 24th July 2014, 16:22   #1706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
I was thinking of exchanging my 2010 punto for the existing ones. With the discounts hovering around, and i am driving a TN board, thought it is wiser to move to a KA board. Not sure if i could sell it here in KA. I am not sure of how much to quote either. If any one on this forum can guide me this i'd be really grateful !
Have you paid the KA Road tax?
If not, better to take the car back to TN and sell it there, you can also exchange it with a new Punto at a Fiat dealer in TN, with temp registration and then get it registered here.
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 16:29   #1707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Have you paid the KA Road tax?
If not, better to take the car back to TN and sell it there, you can also exchange it with a new Punto at a Fiat dealer in TN, with temp registration and then get it registered here.

Sounds a good idea since i have not paid the road tax here. I hope the RTO officials dont find my IP address and charge me with road tax.

A discount of 1 lac is only for 2013 model. And 50k for 2014 model. The latter doesnt sound good monetarily and the former doesnt sound good since i am not sure of the condition of the stagnant car for such a long period.

Confused again
Old 24th July 2014, 16:41   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds a good idea since i have not paid the road tax here. I hope the RTO officials dont find my IP address and charge me with road tax.

A discount of 1 lac is only for 2013 model. And 50k for 2014 model. The latter doesnt sound good monetarily and the former doesnt sound good since i am not sure of the condition of the stagnant car for such a long period.

Confused again
Don't sell, Punto for Punto anyways is not a great idea, and that too for 2013 model.. Thats what I have decided, my car would have got anything between 3.5 to 3, with exchange bonus of 15k, discount of 50k, about 22k of free insurance, corp discount of 5k, a dynamic was coming around 3.67L(with resale value of 3.25L).. I would have taken it if it was around 3.15L..
Old 24th July 2014, 17:12   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Don't sell, Punto for Punto anyways is not a great idea, and that too for 2013 model.. Thats what I have decided, my car would have got anything between 3.5 to 3, with exchange bonus of 15k, discount of 50k, about 22k of free insurance, corp discount of 5k, a dynamic was coming around 3.67L(with resale value of 3.25L).. I would have taken it if it was around 3.15L..

The 2 main reasons for exchanging are

1. TN to KA board.
2. I wanted to get a emotion variant for Airbags. Better safety.
Old 24th July 2014, 18:02   #1710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The 2 main reasons for exchanging are

1. TN to KA board.
2. I wanted to get a emotion variant for Airbags. Better safety.
Hey Rubbertramps I am not sure if you have been kinda 'Spooked' by the KA RTO folks relentless flagging or just looking for an upgrade onto a better package. Either ways, as others have suggested, it is a good idea to get your docs in place bro.

Regarding safety, Airbags are probably one of the last feature that comes into picture. Better brakes (ABS) and strong outer shell goes a long way in saving occupants, which is so often the case vis-a-vis Airbags.
On that note, you can even look at Dynamic variant, which comes with ABS & probably a driver Air bag.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 24th July 2014 at 18:03.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks