Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2014, 13:07   #1786
BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

There's news on the web making rounds that FIAT India is planning to downsize it's 1.6L MJD to 1.5L and Surprisingly there's no mention of it in Team-Bhp or did I miss something?
Old 5th August 2014, 14:35   #1787
BHPian

The prices for the 2014 Punto has been announced.

Variant-wise prices of 2014 Fiat Punto Evo (Prices are ex-showroom, Delhi)

Petrol variants

Evo Active 1.2 - 4.55 lakh
Evo Dynamic 1.2 - 5.12 lakh
Evo Emotion 1.4 - 6.65 lakh

Diesel variants

Active Diesel - Rs. 5.27 lakh
Dynamic Diesel - Rs. 6.21 lakh
Emotion Diesel - Rs. 6.83 lakh
Sport 90HP diesel - Rs. 7.20 lakh
Roomy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 21:48   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
1.4L Punto is pretty good to drive with lower FE than 1.2L. But these engines are inferior to VW Polo 1.2 TSi engine, Tata Revotron. Even the Hyundai & Chevy petrol engines are better than the Punto's. What a shame.
So, wait... the Polo TSI has a much more refined and powerful engine, is more fuel efficient and is paired with the awesome DSG gear-box.

But the 1.4L Punto is priced about 1.5 lakh less and its looks put Greek goddesses to shame.

Why is this so hard? Why is it ALWAYS heart vs mind? The heart says buy the fun-to-drive TSI but the mind says buy the cheaper Punto. The heart says buy the Punto beauty but the mind says stick to reliable and solid German built cars.

Somebody help me please

P.S. Since my running is pretty low (<450 kms) and mostly city traffic, I wonder if I'll be able to enjoy the TSI's capabilities to the fullest. How is 1.4 Punto in city traffic? Is it sluggish in low revvs?

P.P.S. Is it wise to wait for the Avventura? I genuinely hope that it comes with the 1.4 T-Jet.

Last edited by dsunn : 5th August 2014 at 21:57.
Old 5th August 2014, 22:02   #1789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
P.S. Since my running is pretty low (<450 kms) and mostly city traffic, I wonder if I'll be able to enjoy the TSI's capabilities to the fullest. How is 1.4 Punto in city traffic? Is it sluggish in low revvs?

P.P.S. Is it wise to wait for the Avventura? I genuinely hope that it comes with the 1.4 T-Jet.
Given your low running, pointless to wait for Avventura. Regular petrol hatch is right for you.

For mostly city driving even Punto 1.2 will do, just test drive to believe it. If you want to enjoy highway drives somewhat more, then 1.4 is good for that.

Try the Grand i10 too, excellent for your requirements.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 23:26   #1790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Given your low running, pointless to wait for Avventura. Regular petrol hatch is right for you.

For mostly city driving even Punto 1.2 will do, just test drive to believe it. If you want to enjoy highway drives somewhat more, then 1.4 is good for that.

Try the Grand i10 too, excellent for your requirements.
I was quite surprised by the 1.2's pick up in city. I have never tried the 1.4 petrol.

Looking at the price announced, I am wrong to assume that they haven't hike the price too much from the previous model?
Old 6th August 2014, 14:20   #1791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
The heart says buy the Punto beauty but the mind says stick to reliable and solid German built cars.
The "reliable" word cannot be used with surety for the German cars, there are enough horror stories in this forum about the VW group. Kindly go through them and take an informed decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinblades View Post
Looking at the price announced, I am wrong to assume that they haven't hike the price too much from the previous model?
The comparative price vis-a-vis the old model is given below :

Fiat's India strategy revealed-punto-evo.jpg

Note : Prices of new and old model courtesy TeamFiat.com.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 14:40   #1792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Archer84 View Post
There's news on the web making rounds that FIAT India is planning to downsize it's 1.6L MJD to 1.5L and Surprisingly there's no mention of it in Team-Bhp or did I miss something?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3420452

Page 36.

T-Bhp precedes all !
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 16:02   #1793
Senior - BHPian

Fiat's new launches for 2014

For a very long duration, the company has been banking on merely 2 vehicles in its product line in India and rather focused on strengthening its dealership and service network. With 116 showrooms spread across 95 cities, Fiat hopes that the new Punto Evo, soon to be launched Avventura and the festive season will increase footfall to Fiat showrooms resulting in sales volumes.

Link to news article

Last edited by S2!!! : 6th August 2014 at 16:03.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 19:18   #1794
BHPian

Its good that FIAT is bringing in more at its disposal. For Indian market an automobile company should lure potential buyers from all class. By class i mean "One/more product for each segment" . Per example in the budget of EON/i10/ALTO/VW1.2 ,Fiat should launch one and similarly for higher up the segment ranges.
This strategy would keep FIAT in competition and not solely depend on 2 products which are awesome ones but poorly marketed and advertised .So its a welcome move to introduce ADVENTURA and ABARTH to compete other contemporaries. There is a need to revamp the entire process of advertisement-->sales-->product support in order to do well in of-late competitive Indian market.
Old 8th August 2014, 17:35   #1795
Senior - BHPian

During the Punto Evo launch in New Delhi on 05/08/2014 it was declared that Avventura launch is scheduled within 60 days.

Source : Courtesy TFI.
Old 9th August 2014, 21:44   #1796
Senior - BHPian

" The company will announce bookings for the Avventura, which will take on Ecosport and Duster. It will come to India as a CBU and is targeted at consumers who wanted to be noticed. It is like a fashion statement," company sources said. "

Avventura brought in as a CBU and marketed as a fashion statement?? LOL! Is Fiat naive or has the source mixed up Abarth 500 and Avventura??

Source:
http://m.deccanherald.com/content/42...oogle.co.in%2F
Old 9th August 2014, 21:48   #1797
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakravarthy View Post
" The company will announce bookings for the Avventura, which will take on Ecosport and Duster. It will come to India as a CBU and is targeted at consumers who wanted to be noticed. It is like a fashion statement," company sources said. "

Avventura brought in as a CBU and marketed as a fashion statement?? LOL! Is Fiat naive or has the source mixed up Abarth 500 and Avventura??
The source is clearly confused. Avventura is supposed to make its global debut in India and is not being manufactured anywhere else to be brought in as a CBU.
Old 11th August 2014, 20:36   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Just received an email ad from Fiat-India regarding the Avventura. They are marketing as India's first CUV. I thought Ecosport and the likes already are CUV's or am I wrong?

Name:  Avventura.png
Views: 2472
Size:  686.6 KB
Old 12th August 2014, 10:09   #1799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
.. I thought Ecosport and the likes already are CUV's or am I wrong?

Attachment 1273085
Yes.

Ecosport is an Urban Sports Utility Vehicle while this is a Contemporary Urban Vehicle.

World of difference, you see.
Old 12th August 2014, 10:26   #1800
BHPian

Both are softroaders, but in real world I expect Avventura to have better offroad abilities. Its a perfect vehicle for a Leh trip but dont expect any threat to Ecosport sales from Avventura, Ecosport is far far far ahead from Avventura.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks