Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 10:54   #1801
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Both are softroaders, but in real world I expect Avventura to have better offroad abilities. Its a perfect vehicle for a Leh trip but ....
Hi! Could you highlight what differences exist between a regular Punto Evo and the to-be-launched Avventura, for it to have better off-road abilities? Keen to know and it will help make a decision.
Old 12th August 2014, 11:26   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi! Could you highlight what differences exist between a regular Punto Evo and the to-be-launched Avventura, for it to have better off-road abilities? Keen to know and it will help make a decision.
Hi K_Ajay, we don't know the exact details yet, but for starters, Avventura will have more ground clearance ( 200 MM+) than regular Punto Evo, Bigger tyre (16 inches) & side cladding. I am hoping that it comes with additional underbody protection as well.

For that matter, considering the robust build quality of normal Punto Evo, I would not hesitate to take it to Leh. Sorry I keep mentioning Leh again & again, to me its a benchmark.
Old 14th August 2014, 23:54   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Hi K_Ajay, we don't know the exact details yet, but for starters, Avventura will have more ground clearance ( 200 MM+) than regular Punto Evo, Bigger tyre (16 inches) & side cladding. I am hoping that it comes with additional underbody protection as well.

For that matter, considering the robust build quality of normal Punto Evo, I would not hesitate to take it to Leh. Sorry I keep mentioning Leh again & again, to me its a benchmark.
I visited my local Fiat dealer and the owner of the dealership is a good friend. So, I managed to test drive the new Punto 1.2 petrol (which he had received only for display and not for test drive) for about 4kms (well... something is better than nothing). I cannot judge based on that short test-drive but it felt more or less the same as the old Punto. So, spare for cosmetic changes and interior design, there isn't much to talk about as far as Petrol goes.

And my dealership friend felt that Avventura will be nothing but a "Punto on steroids". Higher ground clearance, a turbo-charged engine (T-Jet) and aggressive styling. He said that the main competitors were Cross Polo and Etios Cross, and EcoSport was in a completely different league altogether. But the problem is that the Avventura will be at least 1.5 lakh more expensive than 1.4 Fire Petrol which will make it as expensive as top-spec EcoSport Petrol.
dsunn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 14:55   #1804
BHPian

Stupid question as i'm new. Any ideas about the engine options of Avventura??

Last edited by suhaas307 : 15th August 2014 at 15:11. Reason: Sorry! My bad!
Old 15th August 2014, 16:59   #1805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karzzexped View Post
Stupid question as i'm new. Any ideas about the engine options of Avventura??
Its possible that apart from the 1.3MJD, it may come with the T-Jet version. One of the reasons why the T-Jet was not plonked into the Punto facelift. In my opinion both Punto and the Aventura deserve the T-Jet.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 20:05   #1806
BHPian

Thanks a bunch. And yes I too believe the Punto deserves the T-Jet. With the same engine offering it has paved the way for people to criticize it on the mechanical front.
Old 19th August 2014, 15:03   #1807
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Avventura's base variant's interiors have been snapped exclusively by CarDekho.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fiatpunto.jpg

Quote:
We all know it shares the interiors with the recently launched Fiat Punto EVO, and what we have looks like an image of the base variant of the Fiat Avventura (probably the Active – as AC controls are manual) which sports a dual tone shade. Maybe just like the EVO, it might get an all-black treatment.
The production spec car features an inclinometer (Inclinometer measure angles of slope, elevation or depression of a vehicle with respect to gravity) that the company showcased at the Auto Expo; placed above the central AC louvers and also incorporates a compass!
Like we said, the spy shots seems to of base variant – Active (maybe mid – Dynamic) but similar to the Linea it also features Fiat's new built-in audio unit. Apart from this interiors are similar to the EVO, expect amber ambient light, rear AC vents, Fiat's Blue&Me (Bluetooth phone integration with voice controls) with steering controls.
The spy shot reveals a 5-speed gearbox contrary to the 6-speeder that they showcased at the Expo, but it might be the FIRE petrol variant of the Avventura!
The Avventura CUV might be making it's global debut in October 2014.

SOURCE - CarDekho

Last edited by RavenAvi : 19th August 2014 at 15:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 22:54   #1808
nmo
BHPian

A little bird tells me that Maserati officials have dropped anchor and are currently operating from Fiat offices. If all goes well, Maserati may precede Jeep India launch ....possibly in 2014 itself.

However, one can't be sure with Fiat who have made plans and then undone them. So, fingers crossed.
nmo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 12:04   #1809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Fiat Avventura's base variant's interiors have been snapped exclusively by CarDekho.

The Avventura CUV might be making it's global debut in October 2014.

SOURCE - CarDekho
For a base variant, the dash sure look WOW. All the circular dials gives a unique look to the interiors. Great show Fiat.
Old 20th August 2014, 14:38   #1810
BHPian

No Dead pedal in base version? Not able to digest Fiat have done this
Old 20th August 2014, 15:11   #1811
BHPian

With the Punto Evo wearing the look which was originally meant for the Avventura, it will be a bad strategy to carry on the same face for the crossover segment. The side profile screams hatchback and nothing more. Adding a wheel at the back isn't gonna make much of a difference.

If Fiat is really serious about garnering sales in this segment, they ought to change the overall shape in the way Tata did the Zest out of the Vista. Or else it will suffer the same fate like the Polo and Liva crossovers. The T-Jet engine will not help much either.

Last edited by trek : 20th August 2014 at 15:12.
Old 20th August 2014, 17:44   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Even with the 3 additional dials , the interiors do not meet the expectations necessarily that the exteriors would have laid down. Add to it is that these interiors are now present on both the Evo and the new Linea which reduce the surprise element even more and i wish a little more distinction had been brought into the design.
Old 24th August 2014, 20:44   #1813
BHPian

I heard that service personnel training for Jeep is in progress. Raju from Kashyap FIAT NOIDA has gone to Pune to attend.
Old 24th August 2014, 22:16   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
I heard that service personnel training for Jeep is in progress.
Hi buddy, I think you should not mention names in the forum, just for the sake of his anonymity and in his best interest.
Old 24th August 2014, 22:20   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
No Dead pedal in base version? Not able to digest Fiat have done this
In fact, the dead pedal should be removed in the top version. It is VERY badly designed, too close to the clutch, I could use it only without shoes when I tried the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks