Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2014, 23:26   #1876
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
I wouldnt call it a crowd puller..Sorry for being cynical..!

I called it one because I was standing near the display for a good amount of time observing all sorts of people including kids, elderly women, gentleman etc gathering round the car. You can see a bit of it in the pics.

I'm a regular visit to the place - and has witnessed the i20 launch display as well two weeks back. Also the much awaited TATA Zest was on display today at the other end of the mall, in its blue colour glory and it was nowhere near the same levels in terms of attention from the crowd. Avventura created a lot more interest any which way you looked at it.

I think it's the effect of those funky colour + black cladding. The kids were also excited with the cycle mounts on top, but most of them liked the colour. Gathered a lot of enquiries.

Now, I very well know this wont translate to sales thanks to the various known issues of the brand. I'm only talking about the looks and the attention it manages to gather.
Old 6th September 2014, 23:53   #1877
BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

IMHO, Fiat has a winner in hand if it's priced correctly. Avventura has a much higher mass-appeal than Evo or Linea (even in T-jet avatar). With the suspension tuned the way the reviews have stated, a road trip loving individual or couple will love to own it. There are many cars targeted at families and family oriented owners, let Avventura be there for the lone-rangers. Please Fiat market it well...
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 00:17   #1878
BHPian

If only the clutch were to be shorts and gear throws shorter. Any idea if this has been tweaked? Found the difference between linea and evo to be minimal. Hope for their sake they market it well.
Old 7th September 2014, 09:09   #1879
Team-BHP Support

Re: August 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
They're the only brand that promotes & sells liquor in their brand store! Since FIAT is all about 'driving pleasure', why does drinking go along with a car brand?

Anyway.
Are you talking about FIAT Caffe, Bangalore? They promote liqour in the store?
Old 7th September 2014, 09:25   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Are you talking about FIAT Caffe, Bangalore? They promote liqour in the store?
OK, my bad, maybe they don't particularly 'Promote' it, but its definitely not there for decorative purposes. I'm just not personally comfortable with a car brand serving liquor in its dealerships.
Old 7th September 2014, 09:40   #1881
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
OK, my bad, maybe they don't particularly 'Promote' it, but its definitely not there for decorative purposes. I'm just not personally comfortable with a car brand serving liquor in its dealerships.
I haven't visited FIAT Caffe yet and hence the question. My intention was not to correct your statement.

Anyways, why would they want to serve liqour in a car showroom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its really surprising to see amaze sell 9000+ units. I thought that that Xcent is more than a match for Amaze considering much better build, fit and finish. Xcent does not look and feel "cost cutting" product. May be the less availability of Honda City might have pulled in a few buyers.
Considering these are dealer dispatches - and Honda seems to have stopped City production to prioritize Mobilio and Amaze, the numbers are fine. Would be surprised if they manage to sell 9k in the long run though. 5k - 7k is more like it.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th September 2014 at 09:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 10:14   #1882
BHPian

Quote:

They're the only brand that sells liquor in their brand store! Since FIAT is all about 'driving pleasure', why does drinking go along with a car brand?

Anyway.
Ha ha, they are the only car company in India which can afford do it despite poor sales figures across all models. Reason is that the scorching sales figures done by the popular models of most of the manufacturers run on a FIAT heart. So they have the last laugh and can keep selling liquor or pot in their dealerships instead of cars . If pushed to the wall on sales numbers, they can even think of scrapping the car models to only sell and sip liquor at their cafes and still make moolah.
shinuak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 12:03   #1883
Team-BHP Support

August 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
maybe it is not yet curtains for Fiat, fingers crossed and all.
Avventura has some crowd pulling ability. It's a car the mass market would like compared to the other FIATs that were more of an acquired taste (except for the choice of engines). Was watching the Avventura display for sometime yesterday and it was drawing everyone from kids to elderly women to the display.

However, they would need to put in a lot of effort with pricing and marketing- and frankly I would be surprised if they are able to pull it off! Otherwise, it's a bleak future till the real CUV comes in 2016.

Fiat's India strategy revealed-imageuploadedbyteambhp1410071532.458833.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th September 2014 at 12:04.
Old 8th September 2014, 12:53   #1884
BHPian

Avventura on display in Delhi Mall. Pic courtesy: IAB

The Avventura shown in Delhi is a base variant as it comes only with front power windows and manual AC. Also, it is devoid of a music system, steering mounted controls or a rear wiper. However, the car does get alloy wheels though.

Hope it comes with ABS & Airbags atleast.

FIAT should be able to price the base model reasonably well now.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat's India strategy revealed-6.jpg  

Fiat's India strategy revealed-7.jpg  

Old 8th September 2014, 14:02   #1885
Senior - BHPian

Autocar (India) have posted a video review of the Aventura.

Aventura is over 60Kg heavier compared to the regular 90HP. This Car looks massive in the first scene, probably due to the camera angle.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 8th September 2014 at 14:06.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 14:45   #1886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I called it one because I was standing near the display for a good amount of time observing all sorts of people including kids, elderly women, gentleman etc gathering round the car. You can see a bit of it in the pics.

I'm a regular visit to the place - and has witnessed the i20 launch display as well two weeks back. Also the much awaited TATA Zest was on display today at the other end of the mall, in its blue colour glory and it was nowhere near the same levels in terms of attention from the crowd. Avventura created a lot more interest any which way you looked at it.

I think it's the effect of those funky colour + black cladding. The kids were also excited with the cycle mounts on top, but most of them liked the colour. Gathered a lot of enquiries.

Now, I very well know this wont translate to sales thanks to the various known issues of the brand. I'm only talking about the looks and the attention it manages to gather.
Thanks for the update. The photo did not provide that view, hence i said what i said. I hope the interest translates into sales as well.
NFS2024 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 19:59   #1887
BHPian

Jut seen the autocar video review. Must say the reviewer seems mighty pleased with the Avventura and goes on to say " Fiat has put its heart and soul into this car and it shows". Hope this car can bring back some of the lost glory to Fiat.
Old 8th September 2014, 23:37   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul412 View Post
Jut seen the autocar video review. Must say the reviewer seems mighty pleased with the Avventura and goes on to say " Fiat has put its heart and soul into this car and it shows". Hope this car can bring back some of the lost glory to Fiat.
Well there are other things Autocar india review has said about the Avventura which needs attention. I for one was disappointed reading the review. It still talks about the sluggish drive, excessive weight, mediocre performace driving in ghats / uphill etc. I just shudder to think how the drive will be with those additonal kilos on the car. 90HP is just not happening for this car ! Period !
Old 9th September 2014, 02:50   #1889
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well there are other things Autocar india review has said about the Avventura which needs attention. I for one was disappointed reading the review. It still talks about the sluggish drive, excessive weight, mediocre performace driving in ghats / uphill etc. I just shudder to think how the drive will be with those additonal kilos on the car. 90HP is just not happening for this car ! Period !
Agreed to the performance angle, but one thing to note - Avventura is not just add-ons like in the other hatchback turned crossovers in the segment.

The roof rails are made of aluminium and not plastic, so they have utility. The spare tyre mount is a strong and complex mount and should have some mass appeal in our country where people try to mount spare wheels for M800 and Dzires even! The quality of the claddings are nice as well (based on my short experience) and miles ahead of the Toyota Etios Cross i checked on the same day.

But yes - all said and done - Atleast they should have offered a Tjet variant considering the falling petrol prices. Anyways the 1.4 NA variant doesn't get tax soaps compared to TJet.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 08:37   #1890
BHPian

Quote:

Please see the video review. Its much better and lot more positive. If you can live with the sluggishness and not so roomy rear then Avventura is a thing to watch out for.

Most Viewed