Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2015, 18:41   #2071
BHPian

re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Hi Guys,
Is there any news if FIAT has any plans of upgrading the engines on Linea and Punto in 2015? Anything about the MultiAir Tjet being brought into the Indian market?

Their cars are simply brilliant when it comes to dynamics but when are they going to give them bigger/better engines?

No doubt the Tjet is a Gem of an engine but its high time they bring in their latest engines into India.

Last edited by adneo : 3rd January 2015 at 18:42. Reason: Typo
Old 13th January 2015, 10:18   #2072
Senior - BHPian

Fiat's India strategy is becoming a joke now:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/01/car...-launch-india/

Quote:
Fiat India has kept the 500 Abarth launch on hold due to increase in excise duty and also the resignation of Fiat India president and managing director, Nagesh Basavanhalli.
Old 13th January 2015, 10:46   #2073
Senior - BHPian

Well the excise duty is still a valid point in the sense that some new mathematics would need to be worked out given the increase and what they might have decided on a price earlier , but if they are serious about the second reason also then it is a joke , someone leaves and one delays an entire launch and someone like him at that , not exactly a magic wand that he has been yielding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Fiat's India strategy is becoming a joke now:

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/01/car...-launch-india/
Old 13th January 2015, 12:04   #2074
Senior - BHPian

You don't put your launch on hold because excise duties went up. Didn't Fiat know that December 31st was the last day of the duty benefit and it could be withdrawn after that date? The fact that it's a CBU and duty hike impact could be huge is all the more reason for a company to be cautious and in the know of the impact of something like that happening. At best, you postpone your launch for a few weeks or months to work out the impact, you don't put your launch on hold. That is a joke!

The next time Fiat announces a new potential launch let us all hope that their president & managing director doesn't catch the flu or the entire launch may be put off!
amit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 14:56   #2075
BHPian

Fiat is interested only in selling engines. They are making good money from that without the hassles of retail sales.
The promise of new launches is to tease stupid fiat fans like me :(
Old 13th January 2015, 16:06   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Surprising move from Fiat. The seriousness for new launches is somehow missing from the Fiat's strategy. They did the same turn back when Jeep was rumoured to be introduced. Just looking at the Excise duty hike should not be the vision, dropping oil prices can be looked at negating the price hike. The Ex-MD may have departed for these very reasons for the lack in clarity by Fiat India.

One more opportunity dropped just like that. The Abarth may have reinstated the faith in Fiat products but alas...
Old 13th January 2015, 16:35   #2077
BHPian

Most of the recent reviews were not very positive about the AMT gear shift. If the manner in which the gear shifts is going to be a pain, what is the purpose of buying this car? Driving pleasure is the only reason anybody is going to buy this car. If the launch is not going to happen, then I think that Fiat is wise in not launching this car in the present state.
Old 14th January 2015, 00:37   #2078
AMP

Hi Guys,

Is there any new version of Linea planned for launch? I don't know where this fits into FIAT strategy of new models launch but I saw the camouflaged Linea in my society (Rose Icon, Pimple Saudagar, Pune) compound yesterday morning. I was not able to take any picture as I was walking and it passed me quickly. The overall look was same as of the new Linea but it has its rear and front portion masked. The way it accelerated and disappeared from my eyes, it definitely has either Tjet or some bigger diesel engine.
AMP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 11:07   #2079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMP View Post
Hi Guys,

Is there any new version of Linea planned for launch? I don't know where this fits into FIAT strategy of new models launch but I saw the camouflaged Linea in my society (Rose Icon, Pimple Saudagar, Pune) compound yesterday morning. I was not able to take any picture as I was walking and it passed me quickly. The overall look was same as of the new Linea but it has its rear and front portion masked. The way it accelerated and disappeared from my eyes, it definitely has either Tjet or some bigger diesel engine.
There could be chances of a new derivative of the MJD plonked into it. Heard stories about 1.5 MJD in one of my circles.
Old 14th January 2015, 22:00   #2080
BHPian

Hurray, 1.5 MJD testing has begun. Now all we need to do is wait for MS to introduce it, then TATA to introduce it, then get a launch date and finally scrap the project as FIAT feels there is no market for 1.5MJD
nim_peter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 15:42   #2081
Senior - BHPian

Birdie chirps that Punto Abarth likely by year end. Powered by T-Jet tweaked to pump out around 130-135 Ps. Manual only. Around Rs 10 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj78 View Post
Understand that Wrangler would be initially offered as CBUs. Any idea about the expected price point?
Around 25-28 lakhs ex-showroom, starting variants. Large amount of import content resulting in high taxation, hence high sticker price.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please use the EDIT / MULTI-QUOTE (QUOTE+) functions within 30 minutes, instead of posting consecutively. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th January 2015 at 15:53.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 23:06   #2082
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiat Punto Evo, Avventura to get T-Jet power. Speculated launch in Q2 2015. To be crowned the Hottest hatch.

Fiat to widen 113bhp T-Jet range of cars in India with Punto and Avventura T-Jet models.

Quote:
Fiat will launch powerful versions of the Punto Evo and Avventura in the first half of this year. Both cars will get the 113bhp, 1.4-litre turbocharged petrol motor from the Linea T-jet.
Fiat's India strategy revealed-0_468_700_http___172_17_115_180_82_extraimages_20150122065019_t_jetmain.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...er-392922.aspx

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd January 2015 at 23:30.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 23:21   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Fiat Punto Evo, Avventura to get T-Jet power. Speculated launch in Q2 2015.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...er-392922.aspx
Thank you. What a news! Will definitely put my purchase plans on hold.
A beautiful car with vault like build having superb ride, handling, engine and steering.
What more does an enthusiast want?

PS I was ignoring all the rumours till now. But this one seems genuine and I will definitely wait for this one. Hope this isn't delayed. Just yesterday I was ranting about Fiat not plonking the TJet into Punto in the Tata Bolt thread
PPS The Linea's 113 HP doesn't get highlighted in the mass market since some competitors make more HP and the common man doesn't understand/bother about torque.
But 113HP sub 10L hatchback will be a first in Indian history and will definitely stand out.

Last edited by theredliner : 22nd January 2015 at 23:40.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 09:53   #2084
BHPian

Wasn't the Palio S10 also a 100+bhp model?
BUXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 10:10   #2085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Fiat Punto Evo, Avventura to get T-Jet power. Speculated launch in Q2 2015. To be crowned the Hottest hatch.

Fiat to widen 113bhp T-Jet range of cars in India with Punto and Avventura T-Jet models.
Awesome news volkman10, suddenly my decision to buy GT TDI seems questionable !!

But then again, I just love the deadly combo which my GT TDi has, POWER & PRACTICALITY.

If Fiat do introduce the EVO T-Jet, would they really do it with the same tune as the Linea T-jet ? I mean, this would surely mean a re-work on those mechanicals to curtain so much power. Which in turn may bump up the price.

IMO Fiat can do 2 things:

1. Leave the 1.4 N.A Engine only on the Active version and plonk T-Jet on Dynamic & Emotion

2. GET THE PRICING RIGHT

Though I will not own another car for a while now, I just hope Fiat does not De-tune the Evo T-jet a lot and leave all the Fiat Enthusiasts disappointed.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 23rd January 2015 at 10:12.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks