Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2017, 03:45   #2431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

There's DRS in Faridabad & Gurgaon along with Landmark in Moti nagar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj View Post
I just got to know that the Ohkla dealership cum service centre ( Kashyap Fiat ) has been shut . This was a shocking news as this was the closest to my home. Now i guess only one service centre is left i.e Kashyap Fiat in Noida. ...........
Old 13th May 2017, 08:56   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There's DRS in Faridabad & Gurgaon along with Landmark in Moti nagar.
Yes, thanks. I got a call from Landmark a few days ago. Have booked an appointment for service on Monday. Let's see how it goes.
Old 13th May 2017, 16:48   #2433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
FCA -India bets big on JEEP and more specifically on the Compass. The company plans hinges on the success of this model. If successful it would prove to the HQ that it can operate profitably and confidence will be instilled in bringing new architecture and models
to India for FIAT.
Sort of sums up FCA's plan for India. They will launch the Jeep Compass this year and launch the localised Renegade by 2019. Guess what they will wait till 2020 or 2021 to evaluate the sales of these two models before investing any further. This also means that there isn't going to be any new Fiat product in the near future.

All the more reason for Fiat to get the pricing of Compass right. Need not be Creta sort of pricing, even if they were to price it at par with the Elantra,Corolla and Octavia, I see it making a pretty decent mark here. Anything above and even if the product is very good it becomes a difficult proposition. Only the Innova and the T-Fort have been exceptions until now and with the right reasons.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd July 2017 at 12:08. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 16th June 2017, 16:11   #2434
BANNED

This report again speculates that FCA may stop selling Fiat cars in India to focus on Jeep. But no confirmation.

The other day I saw that their Velachery showroom (Ramkay Fiat) is moving to Nungambakkam, the heart of the city where property prices are sky high! Is it in anticipation of Jeep, or are rumours of Fiat's demise exaggerated? (The Velachery showroom did not sell Jeep.) Ramkay seems to have opened a second showroom in Chennai, which makes it 4 Fiat dealerships (2 Ramkay, 2 RDC) and 1 Jeep showroom (RDC) in the city I believe. Ramkay is previously known as a bike dealer (TVS), Fiat was their first foray into cars.
Old 16th June 2017, 21:44   #2435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
The other day I saw that their Velachery showroom (Ramkay Fiat) is moving to Nungambakkam, the heart of the city where property prices are sky high!
According to a friend, commercial space in Velachery is quite expensive, so its actually economical for them to move to Nungambakkam. Yes they could also use the opportunity to add Jeep. But right now Ramkay Fiat's service center is a bigger bottleneck.

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 16th June 2017 at 21:45.
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:04   #2436
BHPian

Got a call from KHT fiat about a new service center being opened in Yesvantpur besides vaishnavi sapphire mall in August.

Would definitely try this service center as my car is due in next couple of months
Old 23rd July 2017, 11:21   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_vas View Post
Got a call from KHT fiat about a new service center being opened in Yesvantpur besides vaishnavi sapphire mall in August.

Would definitely try this service center as my car is due in next couple of months

That's awesome news. I stay around 5 KM from this mall. Right now I am having to travel 40 KM's on the nice road to reach Vecto motors in Singsandra.

I am assuming that this will also have Jeep service as I am aware that KHT is opening a Jeep Showroom somewhere around there.
Old 23rd July 2017, 12:04   #2438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
That's awesome news. I stay around 5 KM from this mall. Right now I am having to travel 40 KM's on the nice road to reach Vecto motors in Singsandra.

I am assuming that this will also have Jeep service as I am aware that KHT is opening a Jeep Showroom somewhere around there.
This went operational in the month of June, I believe on the 19th. Big enough facility and includes the service facility for Jeep as well.

On the other side, the Aadya motors both sales and services have closed down.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2017, 22:10   #2439
BHPian

Yes, it's the same as Jeep Facility. Service center address for both Jeep and Fiat is exactly the same.

Old No.15A, New No.44, Industrial Suburb Service Road, Leading to Tumkur Road, RMC Yard Post, Opposite to shell petrol bunk, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore-560022, Karnataka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2017, 12:14   #2440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
On the other side, the Aadya motors both sales and services have closed down.
Are you sure? Because I had given my punto for the second free service on June 30th and did receive feedback call last week.
Also, they asked me to visit this week for a warranty claim.
Old 30th November 2017, 07:31   #2441
Distinguished - BHPian

FCA's sub 4m compact,

Fiat's India strategy revealed-fa.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 07:36   #2442
Distinguished - BHPian

FIAT envisaged to have a bleak future. FCA will concentrate on brand JEEP. FIAT will be mainly confined to Europe - reveals its CEO.

Quote:
Future of Tipo questioned; Fiat could anchor itself outside Europe; and investment must be focused on Jeep
Fiat Panda would survive, other models being questioned.

Marchionne is set to outline his plans for the FCA Group to investors on 1 June, when he and his management team will reveal their strategy for 2018 to 2022.

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th March 2018 at 07:38.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 12:37   #2443
Senior - BHPian

Title of this thread is very misleading. It's really hard to believe that they have some strategy to not sell cars

Jokes apart, Fiat needs to do something to sell cars. For how long they are going to wait on Punto/Linea twins? Its time now that they should move forward and get some really nice cars to India. Now that Jeep is doing good, they have chance to launch some more cars so that they can sell alongside Jeep. May be they can try 10+ Lakh segment only where competition is less than in sub 10 Lakh segment. In small cars, its Maruti and Hyundai all over that space. Better try in higher segment where they will have some real chance.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 15:07   #2444
BHPian

A reliable source tells me that Fiat has stopped production of Punto and Linea. Last batch was manufactured few days back. The Tata/Fiat line is mostly busy producing Compass and Nexon. Don’t have much details as to whether UC is also discontinued. Taking it as a rumour for now but all previous info from the source has been true.

Anybody looking for a Fiat car, now is the time.
Moto_Hill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 17:14   #2445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
A reliable source tells me that Fiat has stopped production of Punto and Linea. Last batch was manufactured few days back.
I thought they had stopped all FIAT production last year itself as its very clear that for FCA its only Jeep and nothing else matters.

FCA have been giving Fiat the step mother treatment from a long time and it was no surprise that they had dug the gave as well.

Most Viewed