Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2018, 12:58   #2476
A M
BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed

Not sure but it could be.

However, the link says it will have a 1.4 Petrol and a 2.0 Diesel which moots the point of this being a sub 4m car. If these are indeed the engine options, then it might be a made in India Renegade for export market being tested before starting production.
A M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2018, 13:53   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Not sure but it could be.

However, the link says it will have a 1.4 Petrol and a 2.0 Diesel which moots the point of this being a sub 4m car. If these are indeed the engine options, then it might be a made in India Renegade for export market being tested before starting production.
Sub-4 meter SUV has just been approved by FCA and people have already started placing speculative news items online just to grab eyeballs.

Rushlane author has no clue what he is writing, why would Jeep chop-off 0.2m from Renegade and still use 1.4P and 2.0D engines.

On a lighter note, if Rushlane is to be believed then a big thumps up to FCA for being super-duper quick on bringing out test mule within a month of finalising their plan.
Old 14th July 2018, 22:43   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is this Jeep's Vitara Brezza rival as revealed in the strategy? Spied testing in India.

Will be heavily based on jeep Renegade.

Attachment 1781139

Attachment 1781136

Attachment 1781137

Link

Nope this is Jeep Renegade which still isn't confirmed for India. The sub 4m jeep would be based out of Fiat Panda.
Old 8th October 2018, 12:33   #2479
Team-BHP Support

Fiat’s India affair may all be over, but for the Jeep

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV is gradually phasing out its storied Fiat brand in India after a run of more than a century as the company sharpens focus on the Jeep brand of sports utility vehicles (SUVs) to grow its fortunes in the world’s fourth-largest passenger vehicle market, said dealers. Jeep has turned to be a success for Fiat ever since the company introduced the Jeep Compass SUV last year. With SUV demand staying robust, the auto maker is reworking its strategies to tap Jeep’s expertise and make a deeper foothold in this growing market.

Read more here
ajmat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 13:05   #2480
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Fiat’s India affair may all be over, but for the Jeep
Good!

Dragging on FIAT was only going to harm both brands. They have already ruined the FIAT brand beyond repair, and any association with FIAT was not going to do any good to the JEEP brand either.

JEEP has given them a fresh start - better to work on it.
Old 8th October 2018, 20:55   #2481
BHPian

Yes they must now concentrate on Jeep so that Jeep doesn't go the Fiat way!
But Jeep is still equal to Compass. Yes they are coming up with different variants but it is the same car at the end of the day. The Compass' sales show a drop of 44% YOY which isn't surprising.
It's time for FCA to pull up their socks and launch more Jeep models.
Old 8th October 2018, 23:36   #2482
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I feel they are pushing the 2.0 Multijet to other car makers, just like what they did with the 1.3 version, instead of planning for new models.

Had a ride in Compass few weeks back, even as a passenger car felt extremely good! the way this diesel pulls if phenomenal, reminded me of the 1.3's character. Sadly sales shows that just good product is never good enough, have seen quiet a few cars in private garages in Chennai, says so much about the service, most of those cars would even be under warranty since the brand is quiet new here

Wish they join hands with some well reputed brand (service and reliability wise).
Old 21st October 2018, 10:29   #2483
BHPian

I took this news with heavy heart being an avid Fiat fan. I have owned two fiats back to back ,first being Fiat Punto, which I drove for nearly 1.25 Lakh KMs.
Now I own a Fiat Aventura.

I can state plusses of fiats ad-nauseam. But fiat top management cold not weather the competition and let the product die slow ,painful death.
Fiat is dead; long live fiat. I am hooked to it till my wits end

Adieus

Last edited by ampere : 21st October 2018 at 10:53. Reason: punctuation fixed
blueblooded is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 20:53   #2484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
I have owned two fiats back to back ,first being Fiat Punto,

Adieus
Same here, I have owned two Puntos back-to-back, having exchanged an Emotion Pack (what a name! ) for a Punto 90HP. Although I own other cars which are in a way much more superior than the Fiat, the little car was the only one you'd ever need.

The car was depreciating almost as steep as the Zimbabwean Dollar. There were no options left to me as far as I can see and the inevitable has happened. Exchanged the 90HP for an Ecosport AT last week.
Old 21st November 2018, 19:46   #2485
BHPian

It seems Fiat is about to withdraw all its models except Jeep from Indian market.

https://www.cartoq.com/fiat-abarth-p...-discontinued/
Old 21st November 2018, 20:00   #2486
Distinguished - BHPian

Globally FIAT seems lost,

Brazil and Italy are Fiat's traditional growth markets and see the fall over years,

Fiat's India strategy revealed-dsh0mlzxcaa13od.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st November 2018 at 20:01.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 22:51   #2487
BANNED

Dear friends,

I purchased a Fiat Avventura on 1-Jan-2016 from Urs Kar, Mysore.

Vehicle number - KA 51 MH 6398
Chassis number - MCA11846D07063909DHZ

I am facing one major problem among other smaller ones.

After crossing small humps, or on a slightly uneven tar road, there is a “dug dug” noise from the front bottom portion of the car. I have reported this 4 times in the last two years when I gave the car for servicing & also reported this in between services! It is still not fixed.

I lodged a complaint with the FIAT call centre few days back. Complaint ID number is 1-6737236801. No response yet.

Is there any Senior person in FIAT India to whom I can escalate this? Kindly let me know.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2018 at 11:19. Reason: Please type into the forum directly instead of copy-pasting from a word processor + removed personal number.
Old 22nd November 2018, 00:19   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Well if reports are to be believed, Fiat has stopped production of Punto, Linea & other products in their lineup. They aren’t going to exit, but focus on Jeep brand and use their current facility to accommodate production for Jeep products. A good move but they’ve to act quick on developing good products for India and keep updating the current line up and not stick to Compass alone with alternate editions, so that the brand doesn’t follow the same footsteps of Fiat in India.

Competition in the segment is bound to increase and face intense heat from their previous partner Tata with their Harrier.

As for the current dealers, their fate is unknown is what I feel with Fiat cars discontinued - thought they may be given the privilege of upgrading to Jeep brand and increase network for the same.

Source: Rushlane

Last edited by gururajrv : 22nd November 2018 at 00:21.
gururajrv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 00:44   #2489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampaps View Post
After crossing small humps, or on a slightly uneven tar road, there is a “dug dug” noise from the front bottom portion of the car.
Front left?

If its left side, 99% it should be the link rod. Would suggest you to get it checked outside at a reputed FNG like Pride Cars, and go back to FIAT incase of part replacement warranty required.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 08:33   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Globally FIAT seems lost,

Brazil and Italy are Fiat's traditional growth markets and see the fall over years,

Link

The fall in market share in Brazil is crazy! By now Fiat should have fired people at the top! With Marchionne gone, I do not know the future roadmap. Forget India, they always got it wrong here and to be fair the market never accepted the brand, so its not completely their undoing. But in Europe and Brazil the crash in market share is very critical since they do not have any other big markets in Asia or the Americas, like say some of the Japanese companies like Honda or even Nissan.

And at the moment I do not see new exciting products from Fiat at all! The 500 has lost its mojo, no more punto in Europe. For them to survive in Europe they need one solid hatch back which can take on the Golf and the likes from other competitors since this is the key segment in Europe.

Looks like Fiat is going to bank on Jeep in all countries, may be a good thing considering the current SUV trend, but they need to react fast. Else the company itself could be in danger and not just the Fiat brand.

Most Viewed